[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

2 hours ago, Cali Canuck said:

Welcome to my world.  I just put the game on mute and only listen if/when something interesting happens.

Nightmate amigo. 
I just don't get it? Where is the excitement? Jist down right flat. If you want folks to watch a product, especially folks with little interest in either team, you need to make it exciting, and not bore them to death...

Stay strong amigo. We have a lot more games coming up. 

• Upvote 1

You guys still got people driving by with studded winter tires too? Just cuz Canucks are still playing hockey doesn't mean the snows still flying! I'm out on my deck having few of the ol wobbly pops and planting shit in my garden in my shorts and Im hearing studs roll by wtf!! It's mid May! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's just fan hyperbole.  He might have an issue with burrows, but that was over a decade ago.

"Canucks 0-7-1 in the last 8 games reffed by Sutherland.

This includes the Vegas game last month where he called the high stick on Zadorov that didn't connect with Pietrangelo at all, an objectively missed call"

https://www.markerzone.com/news/index.php?no=374542

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's just fan hyperbole.  He might have an issue with burrows, but that was over a decade ago.

I think you have confused Sutherland with Auger regarding Burrows famous incident.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, PeteyBoeser said:

It won’t. You know Zadorov will be called for hitting someone hard. 

I know... but whats the point going into the game, believing we'll be bent over even before the puck drops...

I'm not a fan of Sutherland neither, but it is, what it is...

Lets hope he's had a revelation and now believe in all good an honest 😊🏴‍☠️💪

Posted (edited)

Dry cycle will play until zaddy hits him enough times and he'll stay on the bench.

Tonight is likely to be low scoring and gritty but i see us taking it in the 3rd. Hopefully our pk is strong as they'll get chances.

F the refs, who cares, be ready to kill

Edited by OldFaithfulcap

52 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Yeah, I understand Gary.  But you don't even have to bribe me this time.  This is the Canucks ffs.

DeS1L-gVMAELY1i.jpg

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

14 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

i dont know this to be true for sure but i feel like ive seen cole play a ton of minutes against top competition

i dont know if juulsen has the experience to handle those matchups yet

How does he get that experience then?

e.g. Silovs hasn't played a ton of games vs NHL opponents.  Hoglander hasn't played in many playoff games.

You get experience by "experiencing" those matchups

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

How does he get that experience then?

e.g. Silovs hasn't played a ton of games vs NHL opponents.  Hoglander hasn't played in many playoff games.

You get experience by "experiencing" those matchups

its a different story for me if juulsen got that experience this past year. but he was in and out of the lineup a ton, and also played some sheltered minutes.

the stakes are too high in the playoffs to be learning on the job. obviously if someone gets injured its a different story, he has to step in. but now isnt the time to be messing around with trying out our 7th defenseman to give him experience.

give him that experience next year, in the regular season. 

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

Don’t forget the Daniel Sedin ejection for a slight touch and all that he let Marchand get away with in the Finals

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Sorry, I don't subscribe to the victim mentality, especially ahead of time.  It's a smh situation seeing people get their inner victim ready to come out 6-12 hours before game time 

Translation: The referees are perfect darlings and can do absolutely no wrong whatsoever. 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Sorry, I don't subscribe to the victim mentality, especially ahead of time.  It's a smh situation seeing people get their inner victim ready to come out 6-12 hours before game time 

tbh i think hes just an atrocious ref, i think people blow the "he hates the canucks" thing out of proportion.

hes just grossly incompetent. unfortunately thats cost us in the past, but that could easily go against the oilers this time

so yea i agree, non issue. 

just be prepared for some hilariously stupid calls potentially in our favour, or against

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

Got 1 of the worst refs and Drai might be in tonight...Perfect recipe for a clean hit being called.

General Z gonna get a major and game misconduct ain't he. 

36 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Probably said this a million times by now.

The Canucks don't play a man defense.  They play zone.  Not a single NHL team runs a man defense anymore.  Putting a specific player on a specific opponent doesn't work.  McDavid doesn't play on one side of the ice.  We shut him down because our defenders played well as a unit, not because one guy was tailing him all game.

That was LA's undoing. 

1 minute ago, Grandmaster said:

Yup. Anything questionable will 100% be called against us

We might actually see Tocchet lose his cool on the bench tonight for the first time. 

• Cheers 1

I heard on Donnie & Dhali that some of the Canucks players consider Sutherland the best ref in the NHL. I don't get it, but I'm hoping he does his job fairly tonight.  It's the playoffs, put away the whistle.  

What about Joshua last game? One of the Oilers player high sticked Dak with his stick going right through his helmet. No penalty. How is that not a high sticking call? 

Sutherland? Are you fucking kidding? I hope Tocchet kicks his teeth in if he gets outa line. Or maybe a slapshot to the head. We will still win even with buttman trying his best to interfere. GCG!!

• Vintage 1