[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

13 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’ve pulled a muscle in my lower back a few times, first 24 hours would take me 30 seconds just to stand up. Within 72 hours I was back to 100%.

Pretty sure you didn't have to worry about a group of guys targeting that back while you were healing. 

• ThereItIs 2

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

That I can agree with, but refs aren't consciously biased against one team or another.  Thats just fans who can't accept certain things that happen to their team.

Refs carry biases AND most of them probably do the best they can to not let those biases impact games most nights. 

the idea that these guys don’t have certain teams or players that irk them year to year or game to game and that they do their best to be fair are not mutually exclusive. 

it’s also not completely out of the realm of possibility to think that some nights their humanity gets to them and their ‘irks‘ push them to be a little less lenient from time to time…. I’d like to think most of them do their best to not let those times be playoff games lol. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Refs carry biases AND most of them probably do the best they can to not let those biases impact games most nights. 

the idea that these guys don’t have certain teams or players that irk them year to year or game to game and that they do their best to be fair are not mutually exclusive. 

it’s also not completely out of the realm of possibility to think that some nights their humanity gets to them and their ‘irks‘ push them to be a little less lenient from time to time…. I’d like to think most of them do their best to not let those times be playoff games lol. 

Very well put!

52 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Lower back pain is a beast. Capable of completely incapacitating movement. 

Absolutely. I've had days where I have to roll my legs off the bed sideways and kinda slowly work up from there, only to take half a step and have my knees give out.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Absolutely. I've had days where I have to roll my legs off the bed sideways and kinda slowly work up from there, only to take half a step and have my knees give out.

Yes.
Well described. Excruciating.

Any movement can trigger the pain.

I hope you have found resolution as I have. Crawled into ER on my hands and knees and didn’t emerge from hospital for 3 weeks. Prolapsed disc.
Dr. told me that the only pain worse is 3rd degree burn victims. 

Fortunately that is long since passed and I’m fine now. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Pretty sure you didn't have to worry about a group of guys targeting that back while you were healing. 

Worse, 3 kids jumping on me and a horny wife. My point was that a pulled back can be debilitating but also heals 100% very quickly.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Yes.
Well described. Excruciating.

Any movement can trigger the pain.

I hope you have found resolution as I have. Crawled into ER on my hands and knees and didn’t emerge from hospital for 3 weeks. Prolapsed disc.
Dr. told me that the only pain worse is 3rd degree burn victims. 

Fortunately that is long since passed and I’m fine now. 

My resolution: Don't carry 100lbs down the stairs at a time to put the order away faster.:classic_laugh:

Just now, Canucklehead said:

Just win.  Would prefer a bunch of goals  but a win is a win.

What if we go down by 4, come back in the third and win in double OT?