[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

Just now, Googlie said:

Draisaitl is in the box, too, yes? Offsetting Soucy.  It's Suter's we're trying to kill, but they are missing their triggerman

Hyman is as big, or bigger, threat

1 minute ago, Guntrix said:

Someone at Rogers Arena should start another “Skinner” chant to drain what’s left of his confidence.

They better not dare! 

it’s a reverse jinx thing - everytime. 

From someone not from BC, what is with the long-standing eastern media bias against Vancouver? Is it politics? Is it envy because Vancouver is such a beautiful city? Is it because Vancouver hosted maybe the most exciting Olympics ever and Toronto has had numerous failed bids to land the games?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NucksFan said:

Well the one missed high stick on Hughes that drew blood should have resulted in a 4 minute power play for us with McDavid sitting in the box 

that was not a little thing 

otherwise the refs have missed calls for both teams 

Agreed on that front for sure 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

With a pp like this you never ever put the ref in a situation where he has to even make a judgment call there.  The fact that it was after a goal makes it so much worse

So I guess we should not skate too close to the Oilers? Sure give them more room to operate. Doesn’t sound like a winning formula to me. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Sorry, but for once in my life, I am gonna say Juice is full of sh*t.

Big Z has zero effect on the play, he is half way over the boards.

Like some people have said, I think Kev is trying to appear not to be too much of a homer.

If he's not there in that spot, Oilers are leaking out to retrieve the puck in a race with Zadorov. Instead he ensures he gets ample time to collect and look up. 

I agree with Bieksa. There absolutely is an advantage to jumping early.

1 minute ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Could Cassie sound any more disappointed after Zeds goal?

Canadian media thinks mcdavid will sell the game to more people. But I spend half the year in the states. No one gives a fck about him or edmonton they deny even know where it is. If he was in the states then it would be different 

• Cheers 1