[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

It looks like Canucks prefers defending right now. Playing that patience game and waiting for that one mistake that we can capitalize on. This worked against Nashville but it's nerve wrecking when they play like this against Oils. 97/29 is like on every other shift and pinning us in. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TortorellasRant said:

People barked at Hronek for not pinching earlier and I felt that was the smart play.

The smarter play, though it wasn't McD there, but I think he thought it was

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

That’s not true at all. I guess you aren’t watching the game. Only reason it is a tie is because of Silovs.

Coming from the guy who said we’re not hitting when hits were 9-8 Van? LMAO 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

That’s not true at all. I guess you aren’t watching the game. Only reason it is a tie is because of missed 4 minutes high sticking penalty on McD and the slew foot on Kane.

Ftfy

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 1

In OT they need to do the following to win:

-  Stop collapsing to the net

-  Get on McDavid and Draisaitl when they are in the Canucks zone and stay on them... don't let them do their circle game and get their free passes and shots

-  Offensively they need to start forechecking again... they stopped doing that in the 2nd half of the 3rd period...  PRESSURE.

The good news is McDavid and Draisaitl have played huge minutes and have to be getting tired.  Keep hitting them whenever possible, especially Draisaitl.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

15 minutes of Oiler coverage coming up!

Well, the shots were 15-2 that period.  Hard to fault them for it

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Heretic said:

My wife was so tired of the crap the government was providing for literacy, that she became an author and writes children's books that teach them to read (kids, not the government - no way to teach them).

That is valid she sounds like one of the good ones in which case my comment is not directed at her. Chrusty was a moron. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mando27 said:

The constant Oiler pandering is annoying.

Then the Canucks should have been better and the panel would talk better about Van

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Teachers are used to it and it's always the ones who aren't very smart anyway

For the record, I agree about the Christy Clarke era, but our education system, in bc, is still among the best in the world, it's just underfunded

No where near.

Here's another example:

In my day, if you hit another kid on school grounds, you were suspended for a week.

Do it again - kicked out of the school (this was Burnaby late 70's).

Today, they give the teacher shit for allowing it to happen - when they weren't even anywhere near the incident.

The US has educational competitions in elementary school - here - there is no competition. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Wing said:

It looks like Canucks prefers defending right now. Playing that patience game and waiting for that one mistake that we can capitalize on. This worked against Nashville but it's nerve wrecking when they play like this against Oils. 97/29 is like on every other shift and pinning us in. 

Nashville had a good goalie, skinner isn’t good, the best way to beat Mcwhiner and crysaitle is to be in their zone 

• Thanks 1