[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

Just now, HKSR said:

It was actually one bad mistake that cost us... the Soucy attempt to hit rather than just playing conservatively and backing up.

yep if your going to defend a one goal lead against the Oil with Mcdavid on the ice then you cant make that mistake

• Like 2

I think some of this defensive shell comes from probably trying to protect a rookie goalie .  The team plays a little more assertive with Demko in net. 

That said, mcgoldenboy played like half the game.  Do they think they are going to march to the cup on the back of one line?

• Upvote 1

I'm going to say the quiet thing no one wants to hear but Hughes has been blah bordering on useless so far in 2 games and hronek has been worse.Far to n much spinning and dipsy doodling without shooting at all.Here is something i want to see next game.The Canucks throwing every goddamn puck up the boards to a Edmonton player waiting at the point to put it right back in down low cause I just didn't see it enough tonight.

• Upvote 1

Silovs b

Just now, Devron said:

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Disagree, Silovs out played Skinner. We can do this, just stick with the structure. Discipline gentlemen, you can do it.

Just now, Reg said:

Silovs b

Disagree, Silovs out played Skinner. We can do this, just stick with the structure. Discipline gentlemen, you can do it.

Agreed Silovs was fantastic tonight. Anyone blaming the goalie don’t know shit 

• Like 1

Just now, Dude said:

I'm going to say the quiet thing no one wants to hear but Hughes has been blah bordering on useless so far in 2 games and hronek has been worse.Far to n much spinning and dipsy doodling without shooting at all.Here is something i want to see next game.The Canucks throwing every goddamn puck up the boards to a Edmonton player waiting at the point to put it right back in down low cause I just didn't see it enough tonight.

WRONG.

He has played well... for a player who is being high sticked, slashed, hacked, and run constantly.

He had an assist and was a driver on the PP and even strength.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Not true.  If the penalties were called correctly we easily win this game…

Should never have had the 1-0 even up call or the 3-2 BS

Petey and Hughes we cheap shotted but the second McD starts to dive .... End story. They do quite well to hold them off that long...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Reg said:

Silovs b

yea, and hope the officials actually make calls and that Cole stops hurting his team 

2 minutes ago, BarneyKook said:

yep if your going to defend a one goal lead against the Oil with Mcdavid on the ice then you cant make that mistake

Yes, you have to take McDavid's body, not the puck.... Soucy went for the puck.

Coke has played horribly.. F*** S*** I don't even know what to say, let Juulsen play next game.... The refs what to say again let the Oilers get away with a few especially that McDonald's high stick on Hughes that was a double minor, no way all 4 missed that... 

Whatever the Canucks will get the next 2 in Deadmonton and Demko will come back and shut the door in game 5

5 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Juulsen and Podz in next game!!!

the lineup could use some new blood, lafferty and pizza man have done nothing this series