[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

2 minutes ago, Wing said:

It looks like Canucks prefers defending right now. Playing that patience game and waiting for that one mistake that we can capitalize on. This worked against Nashville but it's nerve wrecking when they play like this against Oils. 97/29 is like on every other shift and pinning us in. 

That’s why they won’t win anything. Hockey is a team sport but they’re quite literally two men team. We just couldn’t shut them down as well as we did first game 

2 minutes ago, Wing said:

It looks like Canucks prefers defending right now. Playing that patience game and waiting for that one mistake that we can capitalize on. This worked against Nashville but it's nerve wrecking when they play like this against Oils. 97/29 is like on every other shift and pinning us in. 

They are not doing themselves any favours by collapsing to the net and letting McDavid and Draisaitl freebies.

They have to take the game to the Oilers.

Hopefully Tocchet drills that into their head in the intermission.

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

In OT they need to do the following to win:

-  Stop collapsing to the net

-  Get on McDavid and Draisaitl when they are in the Canucks zone and stay on them... don't let them do their circle game and get their free passes and shots

-  Offensively they need to start forechecking again... they stopped doing that in the 2nd half of the 3rd period...  PRESSURE.

The good news is McDavid and Draisaitl have played huge minutes and have to be getting tired.  Keep hitting them whenever possible, especially Draisaitl.

I do not think Tocchet can work in game adjustments 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Teachers are used to it and it's always the ones who aren't very smart anyway

For the record, I agree about the Christy Clarke era, but our education system, in bc, is still among the best in the world, it's just underfunded

Your arrogance is astonishing 😂

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I actually can’t believe Soucy went for that hit, like McDavid is on the ice and we are up by 1, you have to know better.

Mistake for sure.  

Soucy is getting the OT winner to make up for it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Combover said:

We play A bit to passive for my liking. 

Well I understand being careful with McDavid but they are playing too passive to the point where there has been way too much room out there for him. He gets shut down when you’re right on him. Canucks are backing off too much.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

In OT they need to do the following to win:

-  Stop collapsing to the net

-  Get on McDavid and Draisaitl when they are in the Canucks zone and stay on them... don't let them do their circle game and get their free passes and shots

-  Offensively they need to start forechecking again... they stopped doing that in the 2nd half of the 3rd period...  PRESSURE.

The good news is McDavid and Draisaitl have played huge minutes and have to be getting tired.  Keep hitting them whenever possible, especially Draisaitl.

Huge one you missed: when the defense gets the puck, look up and have some poise. They aren't breaking out, they're giving the puck away because they're afraid of making a mistake.

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Skinner looks very shaky. We gotta have some offensive zone time, put the puck on him and go after rebounds.

Skinner is not an issue 

It's puck possession.  Nux need to get the puck. 

Tocc is going to hate the break outs from the third.  Won a bunch of FO but Oil kept the puck in zone.  If they can start moving the puck out of the D zone better, maybe not fight the puck as much I think theyll start generating chances.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Foegele cross checks Zadorov and the first and only thing Botterill says is embellishment. Give me a break.

Not a Botterill fan, but she was right. Zadorov's dive got him a 9.5 from the Russian judge.