[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Incriminating photos of Gary with livestock.

He's allowed, it's "cultural". Must be something else. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

For the folks that don't remember or are new to the game, Kelly Sutherland is the referee that watched Marchand punch Sedin in the face multiple times during the 2011 finals that resulted in no penalty assessed against Boston.

Enough said.

My hopes and expectations for tonight's game just sank.  It's pretty terrible that we can pretty much figure out what will happen tonight based on a ref's assignment to the game.  Says a LOT about the state of reffing in the NHL.

And then called a penalty on Sedin.  Also only gave Keith a minor for his elbow to Daniel and was a big part of rigging the series against San Jose.  There's no excuse for this piece of shit to be employed by any league.

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I'm still waiting to see EP40 show up.  If he ever does - look out - because we all saw what he could do back in the first half of the season.  But something tells me his injury he got around All-Star time has not gotten any better.  On a brighter note, he did throw 1-1/2 hits last game.  Not sure that indicates anything or not.

He does seem like he is battling something, like you mentioned from around the allstar break. I suspect he tweeked his lower back during that weekend. Even the slightest pulled muscle can take a long time to heal. But the last game he has looked a lot better than the past 2 months. It seems like he might be finally turning the corner from whatever is ailing him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why is that piece of shit Sutherland still officiating games?

To make sure the series is tied heading back to Edmonton? Fck that, we gotta stay disciplined and stay focused 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

To make sure the series is tied heading back to Edmonton? Fck that, we gotta stay disciplined and stay focused 

It is Sutherland. Being disciplined or not does not matter. He will just make up phantom calls anyways. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, 24K said:

It is Sutherland. Being disciplined or not does not matter. He will just make up phantom calls anyways. 

Or not call penalties against EDM so they can nullify our ability to produce offence.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, jason10009 said:

I would love to see Zadorov carry the puck more often. And when someone attempts to forecheck him, to simply bowl over them.

image.png.a98f6a7fbe89bb2221e2ad7d5aed0f2d.png

I think Tocchet's given him the green light at this point. The trust is there. Just his time with us, he's become a much better hockey player.

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Our pp sucks anyways, we play better 5v5

Sutherland swallowing his whistle (not just bodily fluids of Oiler players) will enable "Ferland charging type strategies" to work against players like Hughes or EP. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Sutherland swallowing his whistle (not just bodily fluids of Oiler players) will enable "Ferland charging type strategies" to work against players like Hughes or EP. 

Players are already going after Hughes pretty hard. If we want the Cup we have to fight through this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Looks like we have to beat Sutherland too, two sweet victories in one game 

Yeah I'm not saying its impossible (having to deal with both the likes of Sutherland and the Oilers) but it does mean our "margin for error" is reduced for the game.  

Tocchet should come out and bring it up to the forefront so all eyes will be on it.

"Yeah, I know, I've heard about the history that the Canucks fans have had with Sutherland, but I don't believe any of the refs are biased in any fashion.  Kelly has had many, many years of experience under his belt.  I'm sure he will do a great job as one of the refs tonight.  They are doing the best job they can, and we just need to play our game."

BOOM.  Into the media, to the forefront.  Sutherland does a shit job and it becomes front and centre.

• Like 4

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Players are already going after Hughes pretty hard. If we want the Cup we have to fight through this. 

There's laying the body on a player and there's deliberate charging penalties that somehow the refs 'look the other way' (eg., 2015 playoff series Canucks-Flames)

All this worry about a referee??? Deb is going to the game - she will deliver a few cowbell shots to his temple as soon as he makes one bad call against the Canucks (it will be more than a few shots if the call is against JTM)

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Tocchet should come out and bring it up to the forefront so all eyes will be on it.

"Yeah, I know, I've heard about the history that the Canucks fans have had with Sutherland, but I don't believe any of the refs are biased in any fashion.  Kelly has had many, many years of experience under his belt.  I'm sure he will do a great job as one of the refs tonight.  They are doing the best job they can, and we just need to play our game."

BOOM.  Into the media, to the forefront.  Sutherland does a shit job and it becomes front and centre.

Much better than "the NHL has some of the best referees in the world - it's too bad we didn't get one tonight"

• Upvote 1