[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

41 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Should have to worry about officiating between two fairly evenly matched teams.  It could easily tip the balance (outcome).

Cant worry about what you cant control, that creates distraction

focus on what they can control and thats playing their game plan

if the refs are terrible it is what is it

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Got my tickets for tonight! Bounce is currently 0-5 when attending games.

I'm gonna look at the upside of this. What are the odds you go to 6 Canucks games and they lose every one of them? Almost zero!!

Shocked The Princess Bride GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)

Important for the Canucks to come ready to play a full 60m game - as I expect the Oilers to come out with a bang.  Teams do not like to get down in a series and do their best to quickly even it - just look Dallas + Florida coming back albeit it got pretty dicey at the end for the former.  No matter the stats or naysayers, Oilers still have McD who can change a game single handedly - you have to be aware of him at all times.

As long as the goal tending holds up,I think it will be tighter grittier game which means mistakes will get magnified.so focus is a key.  Also, remember EDM wanted to get the split to gain back home advantage so hopefully our boys can hold serve.  Tocchet and company have been in the trenches many times before, and I think reminding his group the incredible level of level of commitment needed will not hurt.   Though, be focused but not to the point of freezing up or on pins and needles - go out there, play very hard and put out your best effort to date while enjoying the game we all love.   Go Canucks.

collage 2.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Sutherland swallowing his whistle (not just bodily fluids of Oiler players) will enable "Ferland charging type strategies" to work against players like Hughes or EP. 

Lets see... it works both ways...

might be good for us, if he put rhe whistle away... we are not so soft anymore. 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Got my tickets for tonight! Bounce is currently 0-5 when attending games.

I'm 3 and 0 for games that I attended this year.  If anyone wants to be buy me a ticket I will gladly go to spread my good luck.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

Lots of woe is me about the refs... y'all realize they still have to play the game with Stuart Skinner in net right?

0 hits for Nurse, Ceci, and Desharnais last game.... LOL

this is Sutherland, very valid concern given his history with the Canucks, he is the nhl’s go to to screw the canucks

IMG_1437.thumb.jpeg.214d68d553fa655e264362a149747300.jpeg 

https://t.co/J0ULK5c2Yw

Edited by Pycnotic
Added link to article
  • Wiener 1

Jeff Marek and his idiot are talking about McDavid and how he's going to unload on the Canucks tonight, putting up 5-8 shots on net. I would love it so much of they held him to 1-2 shots on net (no goals)

15 hours ago, Canuck You said:

The lack of respect to the Canucks is astounding by every media source, Only what good Oilers did and what they can do better, Not even a bone thrown to Van for that incredible come-back or a mention of how great they played and dominated at the end. Geez.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, rychicken said:

All this worry about a referee??? Deb is going to the game - she will deliver a few cowbell shots to his temple as soon as he makes one bad call against the Canucks (it will be more than a few shots if the call is against JTM)

go ahead Deb, jump over the boards and knock Sutherland out when he makes a bad call, we’ll all pitch in for your bail and legal fees 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Jeff Marek and his idiot are talking about McDavid and how he's going to unload on the Canucks tonight, putting up 5-8 shots on net. I would love it so much of they held him to 1-2 shots on net (no goals)

That Doogie Howser, M.D. looking dip shit Jeff Marek drives me insane. I try and try to listen to his podcast because I like Friedman but there is just something about that guy. He is shrewd, dry, he isn’t relatable or likable in any way. I don’t know how he got a job or push in media.
anyway. 
Go Team.  

• Haha 1

Just now, LaBamba said:

That Doogie Howser, M.D. looking dip shit Jeff Marek drives me insane. I try and try to listen to his podcast because I like Friedman but there is just something about that guy. He is shrewd, dry, he isn’t relatable or likable in any way. I don’t know how he got a job or push in media.
anyway. 
Go Team.  

he started off as just the nerd internet/stats guy when that was just a small niche of sports coverage. so weird that he got the push he did. 

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Was just watching Game 1 highlights on NHL.TV, and I believe it was Cassie Campell who was colour commentator... What a damp squid to listen to...

Both the 3rd,the 4th and the 5th Canucks goal, she explained the play pragmatic and without any enthusiasm at all... Wow does she ever suck at excitement... 

She's got the personality of boiled Broccoli... God all mighty it would be hard to listen to her an entire game...

Welcome to my world.  I just put the game on mute and only listen if/when something interesting happens.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I'm gonna look at the upside of this. What are the odds you go to 6 Canucks games and they lose every one of them? Almost zero!!

Shocked The Princess Bride GIF

That's true, I was 0-2 until this year at Canucks game in an arena. This year 2-0 so it can swing around. 

22 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Lets see... it works both ways...

might be good for us, if he put rhe whistle away... we are not so soft anymore. 

It won’t. You know Zadorov will be called for hitting someone hard. 

• Cheers 1