[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Fri May 10 - 7pm pt | Round 2 Game 2 Canucks lead series 1-0

I wonder if a different coaching tactic is needed against their PP. I feel like sitting back and just waiting for them to pick you apart is the equivalent of a 3 man rush against Patrick Mahomes…someone is going to get open. I’m no expert, but would they consider just all out pressure on the puck carrier? I mean we’re getting scored on anyway

1 minute ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Just have to stay out of the box.

Can't Sutherland is the ref and he hates the Canucks. He is very vocal and open about it. Reffing is going to be make believe tonight

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Pretty tough to strategize the PK vs these guys. They score at will against every team. Best bet is to stay out of the box, not always in our control 

Edited by Devron

Just now, Reg said:

If you're going to hit a couple of susceptible areas are the lower back or between the shoulder blades.

About half way up the side of the ribs is a bitch too.

Just now, Donald Trump said:

Can't Sutherland is the ref and he hates the Canucks. He is very vocal and open about it. Reffing is going to be make believe tonight

Don't be such a victim

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, stawns said:

Thatx their money play.  Either LD puts it in from there or they go cross crease.  There's only one way to stop this oilers pp

I understand it's at light speed but getting a shot directly out front is a far greater probability than a guy standing on the line having to step it out or make some other play.

Edited by TortorellasRant

Just now, jason10009 said:

Starting to hate the Oilers. Even if they advance, I hope they perpetually choke.

Don't worry. No team ever wins the cup on pp alone. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

We have to stop just staying in a box when 29 and 97 have the puck on the PP. You cant give them time and space to do whatever they want. Have to pressure them

They need to play a triangle with two low and one slot. Other forward is the rover that forces them to make quick plays. Give the shot to Bouchard. There's 3 guys to block in the way anyways.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya we do a good job for a min and 30 and the las t30 we get so passive. Not sure why.

Again, just a warning. 

If you’re going to crap on the team during this game, you’ll get a timeout. 

• Cheers 1