[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Shit; I didn't catch this one. Yah, real great game oilers

I missed that too - fingers crossed for the most beautiful revenge reverse hit from Hoggy when him and Petey hit their mean streak next game. They came out hard this game and I think next game they break out even harder!

• Upvote 1

Sutherland better not ref a single game for the rest of the playoffs. Our loss is not due to the refs but this game was just so badly officiated that those two should be out if the reffing union insist reffing in the playoffs is based on merit.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

This is the slew foot im thinking of as one of the dirtier plays in the game.  if your gonna call that Suter hit on McDavid in the corner how dont you call this with his  leg kicking into him like that .  

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Would have been nice, but no. I'm just pissed we let the chance to go up 2-0 slip away with shooting ourselves in the foot.

No you did. You really did. That is insane talk full stop. The law of averages exists. 

The law of averages was going to kick in either this game or the next one.

33 minutes ago, Knucklhd said:

I think we will see a much better team in Edmonton.  I think the nerves got to them.

What do you mean ? Listen to the Edm and natl media. This was the most epic McDrai performance ever. This is their highest gear. And we still brought them to a coin flip in OT, with a first year AHL goaltender

• Cheers 1

Man, needed that win to put a stamp on this series but it is what it is. Gonna be 6 or 7 games for sure. Must win one in Edmonton.

Refs sucked. Anyone disagree is just trolling

Silovs played great. We weren’t aggressive enough in the third 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Blue said:

What do you mean ? Listen to the Edm and natl media. This was the most epic McDrai performance ever. This is their highest gear. And we still brought them to a coin flip in OT, with a first year AHL goaltender

Ah, would have been so nice to beat them in ot. There would be no coming back from that if they lost after 97/29 threw the kitchen sink at us.

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Man, needed that win to put a stamp on this series but it is what it is. Gonna be 6 or 7 games for sure. Must win one in Edmonton.

Got 2 Tix to game 7 for my parents.

Hope Nux wrap it in 6. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

It isn't realistic to think that we are just going to go 6/0 then 7/0 and never lose a game.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LunarPoetry said:

1000%  Defending it is simply ridiculous and/or trolling.  Overall we did not play well enough to win but the reffing had a massive impact on the game, and that really sucks. It just should not be the case, period. 

Such lop-sided officiating would be deflating. Certainly it would affect the teams focus. Like having one hand tied behind their back.

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

This is the slew foot im thinking of as one of the dirtier plays in the game.  if your gonna call that Suter hit on McDavid in the corner how dont you call this with his  leg kicking into him like that .  

Exactly... from my perspective, that is a deliberate attempt to injure.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blue said:

It isn't realistic to think that we are just going to go 6/0 then 7/0 and never lose a game.

For sure. The results are fine. Just would have been a huge boost to win game 2 and I think the Oilers would have caved. Thats just cheering for my team 

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

Having seen this replay with the skates pointing up, dangerous regardless if it was an Oiler or Canuck.   I would not want a Canuck hitting McD or anyone else like this for that matter because you can get cut in the leg area. What is Kane thinking?  Geez

A clean heavy hit is one thing but pointing up skates not so good. Yikes.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Exactly... from my perspective, that is a deliberate attempt to injure.

How did 4 officials miss this??? Oh I know, they are the best and it is a fast game. Are we not supposed to be protecting the stars of the game? 

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Its the first thing I said after that own goal. He's just not playing well this series. Time to give Juulsen a chance.

I’m good with this. Even just one game. Cole can be great defensively. Probably could just use a night off being 35 

18 minutes ago, 24K said:

You can't just do in game adjustment when dealing with 97/29. They are too good to make adjustments on the fly without going over tape. Expect adjustment next game if that is the standard. Also you just have to accept that those two together are too good and probably no one can shut them down together.

So let me get this straight. You want the lotto line to go against 97/29 but they lost to them at the end. So how does that help?

In a series I will only consider a coach to be out coached is no adjustments are made game to game. I am all ears if the same thing happens next game.

So you just say "I guess that's the way it is" and throw in the towel?  I agree game to game is huge, but in a series where every game is critical, you can't afford not to make adjustments, imo.

Just now, LunarPoetry said:

How did 4 officials miss this??? Oh I know, they are the best and it is a fast game. Are we not supposed to be protecting the stars of the game? 

They are tho! McWhiner and Crysaitl are the stars... Protecting them into the next round!