[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Your team or the Canucks?

Just now, -dlc- said:

I have to go now..the stawns show is just too much.

Gloat while you can....refs and their team the Oilers took this one. Barely. Won't last.

Once again implying various longtime users on this forum aren't Canucks fans because they're not obsessively hating on the referees.

For the sake of this community, have some class.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Once again implying various longtime users on this forum aren't Canucks fans because they're not obsessively hating on the referees.

LOL

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

I did too........they had one great shift in the third where they kept the puck in the oilers end for most of the shift.  One of the very few, actually.

Ultimately tocchet had no answer for knoblauch putting MCD and drai on the same line and then playing the hell out of them

Credit to their coaching staff, they had a better strategy

Well it did help McDs high stick didn't get called. 

But yes their PP was/is lethal and they took the game to us in the 3rd. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

McDavid's a dirty pos whining princess.

What about Darnell Nurse and his hit from behind on Petey?  We are talking about a 4 minute penalty on McDavid and a 5 minute major on Nurse in the same fucking game, and NEITHER one gets called.  Sutherland should be arrested and thrown in jail...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

I've thought this for years - Kane, Draisaitl, and Nurse are incredibly dirty players. I'm beyond furious at the way this game was called. And yet not surprised.

Me too. Fuming.

And I don't generally leave after a loss feeling this way. I go to have fun and do but I left there so ticked off. If Quinn gets wrecked because those cheap shot artists are getting away with crap it'll really be a shame. He plays the game with more integrity in his little finger than the entire Oilers team. 

And it's ridiculous that you can't speak of piss poor officiating without some people twisting things with words like "victim" to deflect and not have a decent/honest conversation about it. Just sweep it under the rug.  "Not why we lost"? How do they know it's not why we lost? How do they know that if the calls were made the tables wouldn't have turned the other way? They don't.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What about Darnell Nurse and his hit from behind on Petey?  We are talking about a 4 minute penalty on McDavid and a 5 minute major on Nurse in the same fucking game, and NEITHER one gets called.  Sutherland should be arrested and thrown in jail...

Yet some here don't see it that way. No wonder they never made it in hockey they don't know the rules (either).

The reffing was atrocious. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Me too. Fuming.

And I don't generally leave after a loss feeling this way. I go to have fun and do but I left there so ticked off. If Quinn gets wrecked because those cheap shot artists are getting away with crap it'll really be a shame. He plays the game with more integrity in his little finger than the entire Oilers team. 

And it's ridiculous that you can't speak of piss poor officiating without some people twisting things with words like "victim" to deflect and not have a decent/honest conversation about it. Just sweep it under the rug.  "Not why we lost"? How do they know it's not why we lost? How do they know that if the calls were made the tables wouldn't have turned the other way? They don't.

If the game was called correctly and all of the penalties were called, we easily win this game.  The officiating was the primary reason we lost the game.  We should have had a 4 minute PP and a 5 minute PP, at the very least one of those.  That would have changed the entire momentum of the game...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Casey DeSmith you're up.

I Love Casey. But no way i don't let a recently turned 23 yr old stud prospect get valuable development experience over a 33 year old career backup. We're already playing with house money. Artys been solid

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Me too. Fuming.

How they missed that double minor is beyond me. It's not as if it was away from the play. The puck was right there.

And then to follow it up with that dinky call on Suter bumping McDavid who then went down like he had spaghetti legs...an absolute joke.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

The Edmonton Oilers scored 3 even strength goals to Vancouver's 2.  Ultimately that made just as much of a difference as the officiating.

Can't change the refs.  But you can change the score.  

Ohhhh, I think at THIS point, global-wide media attention & some more viral posts, corroborated by a lot of documented history,.,,should pretty much shame the NHL into vetting their play-off game officials for bias & competence far, far better… BEFORE  situationally deploying them into the very highly-wagered upon multi-million dollar spectacle, known as the NHL Stanley Cup play-offs. 

A failure to do so,….needs consequences! Start listing ‘em, people!

It’s very hard to shame folks with no integrity or scruples, I know, but some general accountability for the very poor quality of the officiating in this game, in particular, & at this level over-all, …needs to start somewhere! 

Edited by viking mama

I'm ashamed that Sutherland's from Richmond. Clearly his education failed him. Must've gone to McRoberts.

Well, the Oilers get one courtesy of a free pass to do whatever. Hope Big Z smashes a few of those punks...I don't care if he sits in the box. Be worth it.

They should NOT be getting away with the crap they were. But they whine so much it's squeaky wheel/oil stuff. Fitting.

35 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

On the radar. 

Canucks lost & I missed the Northern Lights. What an L

Fuck McDive. Oilers did play much much better tonight but they are looking like a 1 line team, and one that needed Cole to score another goal for them. Need to be better on clears & more confident trying to hold onto pucks.

Onto game 3. And hopefully no more Sutherland.

• Cheers 1

We were half a step too slow on most plays. Some times it seems like we were scared in the offensive zone. Miller + Garland lines' dominate play vanished. Pettersson line acutually played better. McDavid line was dangerous every shift, we had a spotlight on him every time he stepped on the ice in game 1, don't know why that disappears in game2. And their powerplay is so dangerous because their 2 superstars are so mobile, can make sick passes and can snipe the puck. Feels retarded to say this, but it looks like we really can't give them powerplays.