[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

5 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I really hope Tocchet mentions the non-calls in his post game.

I don't know. I think what's the point nothing will change except possibly more calls against us.

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Silovs was not the reason we lost that game...at all

No.  Not at all.  Just Demko is worth a half goal over Silovs.  Can't wait until we get pur number 1 back.  Arturs needs to be our back up moving forward though.  

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Still haven't had chance to watch the game in Bali.  

Sucks to lose in OT, but at least it's not double or triple OT. 

Win the next game.  At least get a split in Edmonton and get home ice back. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Don't even understand why he's on this board in the first place.

I think he enjoys agitating. Some of his responses like (officiating) the best of the best.

You need to adjust. How does some one adjust to officiating of a Sutherland.

I thought of putting him on ignore but what the hay some time I find his posts comical.

Don't feed him. 

• ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

You are both right.  We were worried about Sutherland blowing the game, and we were all right.  So now what?  Because he is a renown referee and will likely officiate another game if this series goes to 7.

More than likely game seven.

Posted (edited)

Pretty much agree with everything he said here. 

Respected McDavid and Draisaitl too much, played hot potato with the puck, couple of missed slewfoots and need to put in that extra gear and skate, but it's 1-1, we're still in this.

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Once again implying various longtime users on this forum aren't Canucks fans because they're not obsessively hating on the referees.

For the sake of this community, have some class.

If you followed the GDT, it was ridiculous.   Now people are making videos and showing plays side by side that happened soon after each other.   

Lineman could have asked Sutherland to review that one.    Maybe they did, who knows, i've seen dozens of games where the ref missed it, but stopped the play to go check once blood is drawn coupled with a players reaction.    He's got to own this missed called.   At a pivotal moment in the game, you bet it affected the outcome.  

Respect too.   Usually I stay out of blaming refs,  as it often over time evens out.    The "conspiracy" theorists exist as a result of our own history with reffing does lean towards getting bent over at times more then the average team.   

Finally the team/players didn't make any excuses, and that's a positive too. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Your team or the Canucks?

The stripes? 

Sometimes this guy reminds me of my old man.

He just seemed to enjoy feeding of sadness.

Hang in there,I really admire your dedication to the team.

2 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Pretty much agree with everything he said here. 

Respected McDavid and Draisaitl too much, played hot potato with the puck, couple of missed slewfoots and need to put in that extra gear and skate, but it's 1-1, we're still in this.

Coach said it like it is. 

A third period lead slipped away, uncharacteristic.   

5-1 vs oils this season, and it was an OTL.  

Just have to play better hockey for full 60.   

Need to make adjustments and win the next game.   Nux certainly need to up the physical game and punish Dries and McD whenever possible.  

4 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Here's a question...

McDavid clearly turns his head & sees Hughes there... In that tight of space what is he doing raising his stick??? .

Didn't think it at first, but looks intentional no? 

Yes, and Tocchet should, along with Alvin, Send the tape into the league and ask why there was no call from the officials on this.

The Oilers were targeting Hughes, no question in my mind.

• Cheers 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Yes, and Tocchet should, along with Alvin, Send the tape into the league and ask why there was no call from the officials on this.

The Oilers were targeting Hughes, no question in my mind.

They had the ability to check the tape, when QHs went and challenged, they didn't.   McDavid did this on purpose.

Said before the playoffs, we play EDM, their true colours will come out and some of its dirty.   Whiny.   Scummy.   They earned the W last night,  that said we were in it with them as well up to the third period anyways, and four minutes without McDavid and a possible PPG, doubt the game gets to OT. 

Edit:  No way they lose McDavid for a game, but someone on our team needs to plaster this guy.   It's starting to get heated.   Expect that some ugly stuff might be required to send a message.   Was nice to see some face washing and gloved punches thrown.    Nurse's hit on EP wasn't cool either, in an era where it's all about hits to the head, well these plays injure players. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

That was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen tons of missed calls both ways. But no call on a 4 minute high stick, a slew foot on our captain, a spear to the hog, and an attempted decapitation of an elbow by nurse on Petey is fucking embarassing.

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

That was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen tons of missed calls both ways. But no call on a 4 minute high stick, a slew foot on our captain, a spear to the hog, and an attempted decapitation of an elbow by nurse on Petey is fucking embarassing.

Love that they aren't calling the little things.   That's what playoff hockey is all about.   The high-stick and very dangerous (if EP was say out for the series, you can bet Nurse gets suspended, even with their "love" affair with the Oilers) boarding hit, didn't mind it too much.    One other play was targeting a knee.   That wasn't cool either.   This is why I wanted Patrick Marroon so badly at the TDL, long in the tooth or not.    One of Zadarov, Myers, Miller or someone is going to need to send a message.   It really should be a fourth liner though  ...  Lafferty or Pizza take on for the team and break McDavids hands for his blatant high stick.   

Do feel if where we need to go is the "alley" with them, they will be limping within a couple games.    Tochett as a player sure would have taken the instigator, and beat McDavids face into a bleeding pulp.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

Some tough reffing for sure.  However, 3rd period was complete domination by Edmonton and Drai/McDavid were flying all game.  What you’d hope to expect from your superstars and they delivered.  Thought Silovs played well. Just need to get 1 on the road.

-Guadeloupe Jones 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Guadeloupe Jones said:

Some tough reffing for sure.  However, 3rd period was complete domination by Edmonton and Drai/McDavid were flying all game.  What you’d hope to expect from your superstars and they delivered.  Thought Silovs played well. Just need to get 1 on the road.

-Guadeloupe Jones 

F McBaby and F Divesatl. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Drakrami said:

We were half a step too slow on most plays. Some times it seems like we were scared in the offensive zone. Miller + Garland lines' dominate play vanished. Pettersson line actually played better. McDavid line was dangerous every shift, we had a spotlight on him every time he stepped on the ice in game 1, don't know why that disappears in game2. And their powerplay is so dangerous because their 2 superstars are so mobile, can make sick passes and can snipe the puck. Feels retarded to say this, but it looks like we really can't give them powerplays. 

I agree. Canucks seemed half a step late for stretches. That said they played well enough to win. 

Non-calls: It happens and there isn't much point to dwelling on it but I will;

1) The Nurse crosscheck of Petey into the end boards. Highly visible non-call and a call that has been made all season to ensure player safety.

2) McDavid high stick on Hughes: Again highly visible, draws blood, no consultation with other refs.

3) Slew foots of Hughes: I didn't get a good look so cannot comment

The crosscheck on Petey and the high stick on Hughes, non calls, likely cost the Canucks the game. Whether 5 minute majors or 4 minutes the Canuck PP was firing and they could have easily pulled away from the Oilers. There is a reason why a kid stands at center ice with a towel hung on a raised stick at the beginning of every game. Many Canuck fans will remember 1982 and what drove a respected coach like Roger Neilson to do what he did. At times fans have to be rudely reminded that the NHL is a business and what is good for business does not always align with what fans want. 

• Cheers 1

The missed mcdavid high stick was blatantly obvious because the damn puck was right next to them.  How the hell did they miss that call?  The only obvious reason is they didn't want to call it.  Simple as that.

• Upvote 3