[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

You don't like my new protest sign? "DOWN WITH PROTESTERS!"

"I'm here to call out complainers and finger pointers...by complaining and finger pointing"

Of course "this place" is full of disappointed fans who saw things that they hated. There was lots to hate in that game. And yes, the way the team "responded" in the 3rd was part of it. But not the whole story. The entire third was pretty much played in our end....that wasn't the ref's fault. But that doesn't mean the refs were faultless, they were far from it. 

Time to regroup, enjoy a sunny day and watch some great hockey tomorrow. Won't be easy in Deadmonton....they're fans get primed at the VD Dairy pregame so look out.

23 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

If you were ok with how that game was officiated, I suggest lens crafters.

We outplayed the Oilers for 2 periods. So no. But thanks for the great insight. Did you manage to get McD's autograph at the gate? Pin it over your bed.

I know the officiating wasn’t great but we only put 19 shots on net. We were thoroughly manhandled in the 3rd period. Officiating wasn’t the reason we lost.

It’s like if you got hit by a car and were critically injured. Yes, your smokes also got squashed but you have bigger problems. The squashed pack of smokes shouldn’t be the focus. 

Just now, -dlc- said:

"I'm here to call out complainers and finger pointers...by complaining and finger pointing"

Of course "this place" is full of disappointed fans who saw things that they hated. There was lots to hate in that game. And yes, the way the team "responded" in the 3rd was part of it. But not the whole story.

Time to regroup, enjoy a sunny day and watch some great hockey tomorrow. Won't be easy in Deadmonton....they're fans get primed at the VD Dairy pregame so look out.

I really enjoyed the game, the boys took it to OT and frankly just as easily could have won the game as they lost it.

Both games have been incredibly fun to watch and we are tied in a series with Connor McDavid and Leon Draisatl, did anyone think this was what we would be watching, in the second round of the playoffs, back in in June last year?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Playoffs are filled with assholes. The team with the most assholes typically wins. Canucks play with too much respect for McDavid and Draisait and it cost them. Where were the crushing hits to Drai? Y'know, his sore back? I saw one big hit. Every time those two had the puck in our zone, the Canucks would collapse in, giving them too much time and space to make the plays to score. Canucks just sat back and waited to see what they would do. Fucking attack! 

The key to beating the oilers is non stop pressure.  That D is average at best, the bottom pair is ripe for coughing up pucks and their goalie is unreliable.  McDavid will tilt the ice, its inevitable, but for the other half of the game the pressure should be non stop- its what made the Canucks successful this year.  They won game 1 because of it.

As for the asshole element, I agree.  Not sure if we have enough of that.  The dirty cheap shots being administered by kane need to be answered. Its a tough tight rope to walk when the other team's primary weapon is the PP.  In this case I would go after kane directly -the magnifying glass on McDavid is too big everything will be called.  Or pick Bouchard to target on the forecheck.  Drill him. 

No matter what happens here im sure Uncle Jim and Allvin are watching.  They probably see we need a bit more snarl/size/asshole on the wing.  This is magnified by the fact that some of our key players are not the most imposing figures.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I know the officiating wasn’t great but we only put 19 shots on net. We were thoroughly manhandled in the 3rd period. Officiating wasn’t the reason we lost.

It’s like if you got hit by a car and were critically injured. Yes, your smokes also got squashed but you have bigger problems. The squashed pack of smokes shouldn’t be the focus. 

But if the calls that NEEDED to be made were made, doesn't that change the dynamic of the game?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

No one's saying it's the reason we lost. But wasn't great is quite an understatement.

Bad analogy...I doubt many would worry about their smokes. The refs are that car though...drunk drivers at the wheel who are careening down the road taking people out. Selectively it seemed. Got the Oilers in the back seat whooping it up.

Calling interference but not infractions that are both dangerous and cause injury?  Uncalled for and uncalled.

The refs are the focus when that is the case. We beat them 2 periods despite them getting away with stuff. That says something. Without the refs that game might be different because they might get some whacks with a stick in return.

7 hours ago, stawns said:

Could have and also might not have.  It doesn't matter because those calls weren't made.  You play the cards you're dealt no?

Do you think missed calls made Van play the way they did in the third?

When did I say that?  Van did play like crap in the 3rd.  But don’t brush off the 4min penalty like it was nothing.  It could have changed the outcome.

I get it.  Play the hand you’re dealt with.  But don’t tell others that they can’t complain about it when it’s obvious to EVERYONE (except you) the ice was tilted in Oilers favour (in regards to penalties and letting stuff go).

• Thanks 1

1 goal in his last 58 games.

Mikheyev is truly one of the most useless players I’ve seen the last 10 years. Megna and Chaput were more bearable to watch than him. Holy shit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BPA said:

When did I say that?  Van did play like crap in the 3rd.  But don’t brush off the 4min penalty like it was nothing.  It could have changed the outcome.

I get it.  Play the hand you’re dealt with.  But don’t tell others that they can’t complain about it when it’s obvious to EVERYONE (except you) the ice was tilted in Oilers favour (in regards to penalties and letting stuff go).

It's like they can't both be correct, but they are.

Yes, the team played bad in the third. Yes, the refs sucked and gave the Oilers a definite advantage in the what they could/couldn't do department. We weren't afforded that some free pass. Interference is more important than high sticks where someone bleeds I guess. Department of Safety guidelines?

People who drone on with "we didn't lose because of the refs" use that to ignore the shitty reffing. To shut it down like it doesn't matter. It does matter. Even IF we didn't lose because of it. That part remains unknown. If those calls are made it puts a different tone on the game. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I probably would have finished the job, but I'm a bad tempered brat, always have been. Tempting though..

GNSzS5mWYAI8TYk?format=jpg&name=small

Such a punchable Mcmouth.

• Cheers 1

Reffing was crap last night and defending it is just silly. I won't go so far as to say it's why Canucks lost. No, but if reffed properly, even with the mistakes, maybe Canucks probably win. Sutherland is biased crap, always has been. All that aside, Canucks were horrible, especially in the third with getting the puck out of the zone with pace and possession. It exposes one of the clubs weaknesses without more power on the wings. They won draws and still gave possession to the Oilers multiple, multiple times. Canucks D, a strength on this team, were below average last night. Get those pucks down the ice with possession and they spend way more time in the Oilers zone pressuring their crap D. Lost in OT on a bounce while playing a C+ game imho. Play B and above and they got this.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Except it is a faux pas for a linesman to make that call for some stupid reason. So in reality it's 2 officials, 2 angles etc.

Is there a rule that prevents the linesman from describing what happened to the referee and the incident being reviewed based on that? 

Why do they often confer in groups of four? 

Regardless, I understand your poke at the system. Imo there are no excuses for what we saw last night and the resulting injury and blood running down Hughes face.

I’d like to see any career professional get unexpectedly stick whacked across the face two handed by a grow man and not have their subsequent performance diminished. Would a school teacher finish the day as if everything was normal?

• Cheers 1

Just now, Barnstorm said:

Is there a rule that prevents the linesman from describing what happened to the referee and the incident being reviewed based on that? 

Why do they often confer in groups of four? 

Regardless, I understand your poke at the system. Imo there are no excuses for what we saw last night and the resulting injury and blood running down Hughes face.

I’d like to see any career professional get unexpectedly stick whacked across the face two handed by a grow man and not have their subsequent performance diminished. Would a school teacher finish the day as if everything was normal?

I really feel it's time to have refs interviewed post game.

Sit at a table like the players do and at least explain from their perspective. Would go a LONG way toward accountability and credibilty.

But no, slink out the back door and go get McDavid's autograph for your daughter.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Here's a question...

McDavid clearly turns his head & sees Hughes there... In that tight of space what is he doing raising his stick??? .

Didn't think it at first, but looks intentional no? 

Of course it was intentional and really pissed me off.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Watching the rerun of mcds high stick he actually looks back at Hughes to place his stick where it was whilst Hughes was completely Unaware. Not incidental at all. Sneaky bullshit and I hope someone causes him some trauma. 

Edited by Chon derry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

Watching the rerun of mcds high stick he actually looks back at Hughes to place his stick where it was whilst Hughes was completely Unaware. Not incidental at all. Sneaky bullshit and I hope someone causes him some trauma. 

It looked McDavid was trying to buy Nugent-Hopkins some time because Hughes was going after the puck, so a slice across the face. McDavid is so dirty, so many people (fans) see it, but the media just loves him. The media needs to open their eyes, bunch of brainless robots. McDavid is a PoS. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Of course I havent read through this pdt as , well, I dont trust that the chicken littles have pooped all over the place.

Nobody said it would be easy...

I hope we keep on them, hurt them, bust them up. Make this a war of attrition.

We're in this scrap, we can do this. 

Give them less respect, stick to our systems, and lay the body every chance we get. 

Go Nucks.