[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

I do like the idea of putting Bleugar back w Joshua/Garland and then having Lindholm play btw either Miller or Petey, whoever is most comfortable.  Aman can C the fourth line snd hopefully gets back to skating hard.  Scratch PDG

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Whenever I read “brah” I don’t read it as “bro,” I read it as “bra.”  Does anyone else do that? 

I hear it as manzeer.  (Seinfeld)

Edited by Joe King
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Hey Quinn, I don't know why your face started bleeding all of a sudden but please get off the ice before I call delay of game. - ref...prob.

Don't get blood on McDavid or you're out for the series.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Or you sacrifice one player to run him from behind and take him out of the series. 

They're done as soon as Mcdavid is done. 

If we find ourselves down 3-1 going into the 3rd period next game, I'd be ok with that. 

If they slew foot Hughes, spear Hogz and run Petterson from behind, I don't see why we can't do the same. 

PdG please 

agree I mean McD slashed Hughes in the face and the ref didn’t care 

2 hours ago, grumpyone said:

read somewhere that the main reason that the NHL/Bettman/Bet365 HAS to have the oilers beat us is to try to set up a McDavid vs Mckinnon matchup next round. 

I surely do hope that the Stars win in 5 so that that possibility is gonezo... Then maybe they let us actually play a fairly reffed game 6/7... here's hoping anyway

Maybe our roster needs name changes.

"Hi, I'm JT McMiller. This is my teammate Brock McBoeser."

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

I do like the idea of putting Bleugar back w Joshua/Garland and then having Lindholm play btw either Miller or Petey, whoever is most comfortable.  Aman can C the fourth line snd hopefully gets back to skating hard.  Scratch PDG

Game 2

peteys wingers were killing him 

55 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Yes 

Suter Miller Brock 

hogz Lindy Petey 

joshua Bluegger Garland 

pDG Aman Lafferty 

And have Bluegger take the odd extra shift with the 4th line 

• Like 1

If it's open season on our guys, we need to respond in kind. If they get away with ridiculous infractions while we get called for borderline ones we should make them count. mchorseface and sidesaddle should get extra special attention knowing we'll get called no matter what. Might as well cross the fricken line and take the inevitable penalty if they get to cross it unpunished.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

17 hours ago, 24K said:

Problem is it is very hard to neutralize 97 and 29 together. The best hope for that is they tire themselves out over the series playing like half of the game. Our problem is our depth scoring that should be feasting on their otherwise depleted and inferior lines did not show up this game.

We need scoring from Hogz, Mik, Joshua, Lindholm, etc. to make their 1 line team pay the price.

Canucks need a few, mean huge,  physical forwards who can dish out hard and sometimes cheap shots on the other team best playes amd D man..  Z man should cheap shot 97 and 29   So mad they go after Hughes and no calls.  Call out the Canucks for not going after Kane.  

1 hour ago, AngryGoose said:

Like this.  PDG not doing a whole lot.  (of what he's good at)

Size, skating and reach of Aman might make a difference.

We have to give 'em a different look in any case.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Pay this man his money and be done with it. We can't afford to lose him. He's become such a HUGE part of this team, in more ways than one.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Overlooking the fact that the "arrival" came in the 8th game of the playoffs, I still feel we need more than what we saw over the entirety of the game from a player making 7.35m (and an upcoming top 5 contract).

Edited by 43isprime
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Pretty much the entire Oiler offense goes thru McDavid and Draisaitl. Canucks should be able to work that to their advantage. I was a little disappointed that either Pizza or Lafferty didn't do a little head hunting. 

It's not in their DNA.   Brady Tkachuk would not take it if he was on our team.  

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
13 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Pretty much the entire Oiler offense goes thru McDavid and Draisaitl. Canucks should be able to work that to their advantage. I was a little disappointed that either Pizza or Lafferty didn't do a little head hunting. 

It's not in their DNA.   Brady Tkachuk would not take it if he was on our team.