[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

1 minute ago, TortorellasRant said:

We absolutely played poorly for 25 minutes straight, but it's also irrelevant because you expect a game to be called fairly and when Hughes is slew footed and then high sticked in the face while the puck is RIGHT THERE in both instances indicates the officials have no intent of calling an unbiased game. That, or they're grossly incompetent and should perhaps go back to minor hockey. Either way, both of those scenarios are fucked but that's what it is.

Why would expect that?  You never expect because refs are human and calling a game is subjective.  In 100+ years of NHL hockey, no one should ever have expected that.  That's simply not reality 

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

No one in the world has ever anticipated McD and Drai together - you are serving up facts 

lol for sure...every talking head on the radio was calling it and according to this particular poster it was some shrewd move by Knoblauch.  I can coach that team the way he ran the lines tonight - just tap 97 and his buddy every other shift and hope the other 3 trash lines can kill the clock and not get scored on.

• Like 1

Just now, TortorellasRant said:

Have you googled Kelly Sutherland and look at the threads complaining about him, going back years.

LMAO

He has been an awful ref for decades. 

13 minutes ago, quattrob said:

Tocchet said in postgame interview that our guys are respecting mcd and drai a little too much... and giving them too much time/room.. too much flipping it out of zone only to give possession back to Coilers to continue pressure.  I saw that too.. Way too much respect/scared when Mcd and Drai on the ice.

I’m scared and I’m in my living room 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Blue said:

And so you expect a Canucks sweep ?

Would have been nice, but no. I'm just pissed we let the chance to go up 2-0 slip away with shooting ourselves in the foot.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Cole needs to sit. He's costed us 4 goals this series. 

Juulsen time

Its literally so bad, at some point it reflects poorly on the coaching staff and the brass. Like wtf are they

doing? Why is Mik and Petey in a funk for so long? Why are we over celebrating Soucy I dont. Get. it.

Cole has learned his craft from the Luca Sbisa "school for defensemen who want to sabotage their team

but be totally obvious about it", Idk how else to call it hes so bad. 

Luca Sbisa I once said would generate more points for the oposition than for us and cole has like 2 goals and like 4 

assists for edmonton.

Edited by Shirotashi

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

People defending the refs really are just being argumentative. And it's the usual "I gotta be right" sections of the forum. Reddit has fans from around the league saying this was one of the worst officiated games they've seen. I am not saying we lost because of them, but to defend them is beyond dumb at this point. Lol.

100% agree. The Canucks need to be better, no doubt. However, the officiating was so poor you'd think Ray Charles and Helen Keller were in stripes tonight.

I 1000% believe this is a Kelly fucking inbred southerland Oilers win. The mcdavid 4 minute high stick and kane slew foot penalties that were "normal" nhl plays were soo outrageously blatant favoritism that it actually made me realize there was zero chance we were winning this game.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

He clearly didn't expect them to put McD and Drai on the same line and didn't make any adjustment at all.  I wanted to see him load up the lotto line to go head to head, which he did in OT, but didn't put them out against their big line.  The lotto line got hemmed in against the Oilers 3rd line and the McD's line came out after the change and won the game

Out coached

You can't just do in game adjustment when dealing with 97/29. They are too good to make adjustments on the fly without going over tape. Expect adjustment next game if that is the standard. Also you just have to accept that those two together are too good and probably no one can shut them down together.

So let me get this straight. You want the lotto line to go against 97/29 but they lost to them at the end. So how does that help?

In a series I will only consider a coach to be out coached is no adjustments are made game to game. I am all ears if the same thing happens next game.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

This is gonna be a long couple days, I assume it's 2 days travel time to Edmonton for games 3 and 4? This loss stinks cause I actually think that was a very winnable game. Had the lead 3 separate times. I don't care we got outplayed in the 3rd, we were better in the first two periods. The Coilers had some pretty meh chances even with the zone domination, til Soucy and Myers threw the game away. Cole was not gonna be denied his 4th goal in 2 games.

Nope game 3 sunday. No two day rest actually is giving us an advantage seeing how 97/29 is just gonna play 30min every game from here on out.

Edited by 24K

1 minute ago, Fantomex said:

100% agree. The Canucks need to be better, no doubt. However, the officiating was so poor you'd think Ray Charles and Helen Keller were in stripes tonight.

Ray Charles would be a homer ref, he’d just listen to the crowd. Hellen Keller would be an adventure being that she is also deaf. Either way, better. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, 24K said:

Nope game 3 sunday. No two day rest actually is giving us an advantage seeing how 97/29 is just gonna play 30min every game from here on out.

Thank the hockey gods. I do not want 2 day breaks. It's playoffs baby. Let them grind it out. Especially if they wanna throw McWhiner and Crysaitl out there every other shift.

18 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

He was. He was also crazy lucky. Desmith has good mojo in Edmonton. Two good wins.

DeSmith has poor rebound control. I can’t see that being successful against an Oilers team that crashes the net so much

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

People defending the refs really are just being argumentative. And it's the usual "I gotta be right" sections of the forum. Reddit has fans from around the league saying this was one of the worst officiated games they've seen. I am not saying we lost because of them, but to defend them is beyond dumb at this point. Lol.

1000%  Defending it is simply ridiculous and/or trolling.  Overall we did not play well enough to win but the reffing had a massive impact on the game, and that really sucks. It just should not be the case, period.