[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

12 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Having seen this replay with the skates pointing up, dangerous regardless if it was an Oiler or Canuck.   I would not want a Canuck hitting McD or anyone else like this for that matter because you can get cut in the leg area. What is Kane thinking?  Geez

A clean heavy hit is one thing but pointing up skates not so good. Yikes.

Who cares about a cut…. It is basically a hit from behind; Hughes had no control as he crashed onto the boards. Honestly a bush league play that should get a review by the league and a suspension. It was 100% intent to injure….not simply a missed call..

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

good attitude to have. in the grand scheme of things so far this year we have beat the 5 times out of 6 and the 6th time took them to OT with McDavid doing everything possible on the score board and in the refs ear.

Gotta keep it in perspective. We're not going to win every game. We could've had that one. Didn't go out way.

Just get back at it in their barn! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fantomex said:

Are you suggesting that if the blatant missed calls were called, the outcome would be the same? 6+ more penalty minutes wouldn't have changed anything?

But they didn't.  There's no such thing as "what if", there's only "what is".  You have to play the game as it happens, not how you want it to happen

You might have wanted those calls, but they didn't happen, so they don't impact the game.  Is it the fault of a missed call that Vancouver gets hemmed in their zone for 25 mins?  Did a missed call put that puck in it's own net?

No, the Canucks did all those things and the Canucks lost that game.  Missed calls had nothing to do with it.  Quit with making excuses for poor play

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I am gonna cry myself to sleep. Don't stress yourselves too much my friends. Series is far from over.

Dont cry Jeremy - they got Skinner in net and dummy Darnel / Ceci combo...we are far from out of this.

• Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Combover said:

Between the super shitty reffing and Cole 

we were in tough 

Edmonton is such a one line team with a terrible goaltender. 

If they think they're gonna win this series spamming the shit out of McDavid and Draisaitl they're gonna be in for a very rude awakening. 

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

The shots were 15-2 in the third and McD and Drai were out every second shift.  He needed to come up with a better strategy to deal with that, in game.  That's, literally, his job description 

Yes, but it’s quite simple; Soucy was a moron to pinch there. You DON’T pinch in that situation with McDavid on the ice.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Darius said:

and you hanging around a loss like this to talk down to everyone as if you somehow know better is as expected.

Please do not forget - 43 years of Pro/high level hockey. Always says it is SO IMPORTANT to get playoff experience to learn how to win and go through the grind.....

Yet - wanted to trade Miller, and still maintains this. This is so bizarre as we would not even be close to the  playoffs or have advanced without our Beast Miller.

Keep it up, you are brilliant 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

You know he's not the only official on the ice, right?   

And I agree, it was a missed call

so why let someone known for missed calls work the playoffs?

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

and you hanging around a loss like this to talk down to everyone as if you somehow know better is as expected.

I'm here win or lose, but there's always more to dissect with a loss.  

Yes we sat back too much… but you can’t be this bad at officiating..

And then this too was not picked up by any commentary. Shorty would have been on it for sure. Too many men in OT..

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Do you really think coaches don't and aren't expected to coach in game?  What do you consider line matching to be?

The kind of adjustment/coaching needed to contain McDrai ain't a simple matter of matching the lines. It has to be a more structural change and that just can't be done in game.

Also Toch tried to line match to Miller's line as much as possible and they did contain them though ugly it is.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

so why let someone known for missed calls work the playoffs?

Every ref in the 100+ year history of the game misses calls.  Kelly Sutherland didn't make Vancouver play that way for 25 mins.  That's completely, 100% on them.  

Guaranteed the actual team isn't making excuses for their poor play tonight, why are you?  They played terribly for 25 mins, can't we just admit and accept that?

2 minutes ago, TortorellasRant said:

Did the NHL post anything about the Canucks winning the first game on their Twitter or IG? Because they had almost nothing on Facebook about it.

Yup, lots

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I do know McDavid wouldn’t have scored if he was sitting for 4, quit making excuses for poor officiating.

When was the play, I forget?  

This one was lost because the team stopped doing the details. There was parts of the game that was good.

- Miller

- Petey

- Zadorov

But Cole, yikes. Soucy sort of seems to be a high risk/high reward. When everyone keeps it simple the team does better.

Now Hronek. Not sure but he's worse than Petey for pulling a vanishing act. You see he's trying but he's not even putting a lot of effort into his shot.

The two non-calls. First on Petey (Sorry Juice that was NOT a clean hit), and the high stick on Hughes. I think that popped the balloon on the team.

I hope Sutherland just refs Eastern Conference games, because he's horrible.

Learn from it. Play more like Game 1. Start cutting down the passing lanes and keep Edmonton to the outside. And get back to being dominant in the face off dot.

• Like 2