[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

I never said he didn't.......I've repeatedly said it was a missed call.  Shit happens, it's how you respond to it that matters 

so pointing out that the reffing sucked isnt an excuse then?  its possible that the reffing sucked and the team played poorly for stretches?

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It was hockey ... not "their" hockey.

lol, Crossbar, its time for me to hit the sack.  This bad beer ive been drinking has put me in a bad mood after this game and im arguing with Stawns ..its like a dog chasing its tail...

• Haha 2

Kelly Sutherland is the biggest POS ref I've ever seen.

Darnell Nurse is a coward.

Evander Kane is a loser.

Oilers are a dirty bunch of wankers.

They didn't even win that game...we scored their winning goal for them.

F the Oilers and their trash city.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Darius said:

so pointing out that the reffing sucked isnt an excuse then?  its possible that the reffing sucked and the team played poorly for stretches?

Lol ... re: your last post ...

You're getting sucked into their talking points. Let them have this one. It was close.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Kelly Sutherland is the biggest POS ref I've ever seen.

Darnell Nurse is a coward.

Evander Kane is a loser.

Oilers are a dirty bunch of wankers.

They didn't even win that game...we scored their winning goal for them.

F the Oilers and their trash city.

Geez Deb, you didn’t mention stawns in your post.

• Haha 1

Oh I see the ref rah rah team is here defending them. I better go before I get a misconduct because there is NO excuse for allowing what happened to Quinn to go without any kind of call. Absolute horse poop. And of course Myers gets called for something very minor.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Quit being a jackass, they had the options to make the correct call, they used them against us, they neglected them on the high stick, it’s not a missed call, it’s negligence.

It's a missed call, I don't see anyone arguing that.  

Personal insults because someone has a different perspective.........that's such a good look

27 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

A few minutes before McDavid scored.

Nope.....the missed call on Hughes was in the second period, when the game was 2-2.   Mcdavid scored at 5:27 of the third period, so he wouldn't have been in the box instead of scoring the tying goal.

One has no effect on the other

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... re: your last post ...

You're getting sucked into their talking points. Let them have this one. It was close.

its a beautiful thing.  No expectations at the start of the year and here we are tied in a series with the media's golden boys.  Would have taken this position every day of the week in October.  The rest is just noise...

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Darius said:

I never said it didn't.  I said it wasn't an excuse for the Canucks poor play in the third or losing the game.

People were already playing victim this afternoon.  So predictable with the same group of poster..........game after game after game

12 minutes ago, Darius said:

Well victimhood doesn't usually sit well in the stomach

Oilers aren't that good really. Neutralize 97 and 29 and they have crappy defense and goaltending, and a bottom 6 that does jack-all. Skinner is an NHL starter yet has looked far worse than Silovs. I'm not convinced the oilers are anything but overhyped. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I never said it didn't.  I said it wasn't an excuse for the Canucks poor play in the third or losing the game.

People were already playing victim this afternoon.  So predictable with the same group of poster..........game after game after game

You're mighty predictable yourself. Not in the mood for this crap.

The Canucks played well except for the last bit. They lost the game on a crappy own goal. 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

It is unsustainable over the course of the entire playoffs but is absolutely sustainable over 5-7 games.

Maybe... with games every 2 days this time around, it should be tougher to keep that up.

20 minutes ago, 24K said:

It is an insult to the Oilers as they are cup or bust.

But to me I do not want to ever see McDavid win a cup with the Oilers so them getting blasted by DAL/COL makes me perfectly happy.

What they do after beating us means nothing to me.  I just want Vancouver to get through and nothing else.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The_Cherry said:

Still so mad about the OT goal 

Hey Ian Cole, here’s a tip for you…you have to score on the other net 

That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC

After a solid first round too 

The difference… Classy vs cheesy..

Our guys..

And then there’s the Oils… 😂🤣😂

(The only trophies they’ll be holding this season, so they make the most of it I guess?!?)

1 minute ago, Win2024 said:

Oilers aren't that good really. Neutralize 97 and 29 and they have crappy defense and goaltending, and a bottom 6 that does jack-all. Skinner is an NHL starter yet has looked far worse than Silovs. I'm not convinced the oilers are anything but overhyped. 

Problem is it is very hard to neutralize 97 and 29 together. The best hope for that is they tire themselves out over the series playing like half of the game. Our problem is our depth scoring that should be feasting on their otherwise depleted and inferior lines did not show up this game.

We need scoring from Hogz, Mik, Joshua, Lindholm, etc. to make their 1 line team pay the price.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's a missed call, I don't see anyone arguing that.  

Personal insults because someone has a different perspective.........that's such a good look

Your perspective is crap. The refs were awful. The Oilers aren't God. Miller's awesome.

And you dish it out so take some. You've called the fans here chuds. Now victims. Try to live by your own standards.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 1