[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

F McBaby and F Divesatl. 

Pretty much the entire Oiler offense goes thru McDavid and Draisaitl. Canucks should be able to work that to their advantage. I was a little disappointed that either Pizza or Lafferty didn't do a little head hunting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone describing the infractions as “missed calls” is using a long straw to blow smoke up your a$$.

The calls were not “missed calls”.
They were deliberately not made.

Four officials, four angles, four opportunities. Any of those four could have requested plays be reviewed. The tape doesn’t lie.

Beat someone down enough and they will become frustrated, distracted and deflated. Pain, injury and disadvantage due to consistent lop-sided game control will wear a team down and affect the outcome. The games as much mental as it is physical. 

• Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 1

After sleeping on it the OT goal stings but the Canucks made a lot of mistakes that put us into that position. Soucy's bad pinch and the team just not skating for the 3rd period. Also, something has to be done about Kane's dirty hits on the forecheck. Missing the high stick was also atrocious but if it's missed I get that refs make mistakes. But the slew foot needs to be addressed. The Canucks lost the physical match up yesterday and it showed.

4 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Anyone describing the infractions as “missed calls” is using a long straw to blow smoke up your a$$.

The calls were not “missed calls”.
They were deliberately not made.

Four officials, four angles, four opportunities. Any of those four could have requested plays be reviewed. The tape doesn’t lie.

Beat someone down enough and they will become frustrated, distracted and deflated. Pain, injury and disadvantage due to consistent lop-sided game control will wear a team down and affect the outcome. The games as much mental as it is physical. 

Yup. Series management by refs who were directed by the league. The league wants a Mc v Mac Conference matchup. Our boys will need to play through a lot of cheating. 

Colin Campbell has retired and I don't think there are any direct connection to the Dept. of Player Safety or the referee assignments related to the Oilers. Yes Campbell oversaw the denigration of the Canuck roster in 2011 so that his son playing for the Bruins would get his CUP. No conflict, right? OK I am in full conspiracy mode. My hope is that the game last night is reviewed by the NHL brass and that the refs from last night are downgraded or at a minimum reprimanded. 

Bottom line of what happened is that the Canucks coming out of Van to Edmonton with a 2 - 0 led in the series would have been a serious advantage. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, hockeyville88 said:

Why!? Silovs was terrific 

I agree, I like DeSmith but to me, he is purely a backup I think he struggles when given multiple starts.

4 minutes ago, Reg said:

"We're in this series". Game on bitches.

How can we look at it any other way? We are now 5-0-1 against them this year.  It took them stacking all their offence and playing them for nearly half the game to squeak out an OT win.  

• Like 1

Oilers for half of the 2nd and all of the 3rd absolutely dominated zone. 

canucks were pinned with no signs of getting out of it 

blame Cole all you want the out come would still have been same 

Thats a tough game to lose. it was there for the taking in OT but we looked gassed at the start of the third. All the energy from Game 1 was not there for the third period or overtime.

The missed call on the Mc David High stick just blows me away especially with the puck right there. How do 4 officials not see that with the play being there and two superstars being right in that mix. You have to be looking at the play dont you?

The elbow to Peteys head should have been deliberate attempt to injure as well as the slew foot on Hughes. You can be sure that if any Canucks did that to Mc D they would call it. I am all for the physical nature of the playoffs but attempts to injure players has to be called. on Either team

Cole needs to sit. I like what he has brought to the team this year but he needs a rest for a couple games. One mistake we wouldnt grill him for but he was awful in game one and followed it up with a bad play on the OT goal. He wasnt the reason the Canucks lost but he wasnt the reason they won either. He doesnt have to be a difference maker but he needs to be more solid than this. Juulsen next game please.

Soucy going for the hit on the play at the Oiler blue line was a major mistake. If we want to talk about Juulsen going for the hit and getting out of the play that was a classic example. It didnt help him that his D partner falls down like a baby giraffe there but really that was the TSN turning point. Play for the hit along the boards where you can. To attempt an open ice against a shifty player like MC D its a 50/50 play and you get burned a lot by it. Its a different play at your own blue line.

Silovs has been adequate especially against a power house Offensive team. Hard to defend against your own team as well. Hes not getting much support from Cole for sure and really I thought our D wasnt very good last night. They looked fatigued. 

Zadorov has been good in the playoffs. That was the same goal he scored on Saros in round one. It gave us the lead in that game as well and we blew that game also. Maybe he could save those goals for OT.  All kidding aside pay this guy he is worth it.

Lets hope we do not get Sutherland again for the playoffs. that record has to be noted by the league. I dont advocate for blaming the refs.  The breaks tend to even out in a series and year. Our turn is coming. 1-1 going to Edmonton i think is ok. we could have been up 2-0 with a bounce but they got it. Their third period was better than ours and they got the bounce in OT. Lets file it in the garbage can. We know we can win in Edmonton. Lets go do it again. Even a split in their barn give us a best of three with two in our house. I called Canucks in 6 i stick with that call. Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Series management by refs who were directed by the league. The league wants a Mc v Mac Conference matchup. Our boys will need to play through a lot of cheating. 

It is really unfortunate there is no recourse for teams (not to mention fans) to comment on the officiating. There is zero transparency about how the performance of on-ice officials are assessed (not to mention the results). It is yet one more reason the NHL is not in the same league as the other so-called professional sport leagues. 

• ThereItIs 1

Playoffs are filled with assholes. The team with the most assholes typically wins. Canucks play with too much respect for McDavid and Draisait and it cost them. Where were the crushing hits to Drai? Y'know, his sore back? I saw one big hit. Every time those two had the puck in our zone, the Canucks would collapse in, giving them too much time and space to make the plays to score. Canucks just sat back and waited to see what they would do. Fucking attack! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

I'm actually serious one of our players is going to get seriously injured. High sticks not called, Boarding penalty on EP40 and slough foot on Hughes someone is going to get seriously injured

oh, you mean kinda like Mason Raymond getting his back broke in 2011.... and no call on the play?  He was never even close to as good after his 'recovery'

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Playoffs are filled with assholes. The team with the most assholes typically wins. Canucks play with too much respect for McDavid and Draisait and it cost them. Where were the crushing hits to Drai? Y'know, his sore back? I saw one big hit. Every time those two had the puck in our zone, the Canucks would collapse in, giving them too much time and space to make the plays to score. Canucks just sat back and waited to see what they would do. Fucking attack! 

fuck yeah GIF

great now I got the team America world police assholes speech stuck in my head. 

id post it but I might get in “trouble”

7 hours ago, Kragar said:

And when that is only one of 4-5 missed calls, that really tilts the ice. It can be awful difficult to overcome that kind of bias.

the BIGGEST problem is that most of those missed calls should've been MAJORs... McD 4 min high stick, Nurse ( on Petey ) 5 and a game for boarding, Kane on Hughes 5 for intent to injure (slew foot) 5 min major. 

wait... on second thought... maybe we WANT Nurse on the ice, a $9 million pylon...hmm might have to thin on that one. 

• ThereItIs 1

Tocc and Hughes took the high road and didnt call out the poor officiating ref cause they know that's not why they lost the game, and doing that almost never ends up getting an advantage, and sometimes the opposite.

Tocc was pretty critical of how the team just threw pucks away in the third giving oils all the possession. Hope the team adjusts from this in game 3. We really need our depth guys to step up if we want to beat 97/29. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If this is true then what can a fan do? Probably nothing.

So then why would we watch. ? 

31 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

After sleeping on it the OT goal stings but the Canucks made a lot of mistakes that put us into that position. Soucy's bad pinch and the team just not skating for the 3rd period. Also, something has to be done about Kane's dirty hits on the forecheck. Missing the high stick was also atrocious but if it's missed I get that refs make mistakes. But the slew foot needs to be addressed. The Canucks lost the physical match up yesterday and it showed.

Thing is, they didn't lose the physical match up. They didn't fight back dirty and their physical play has integrity. The stuff the Oilers are getting away with is absolute garbage. 

If the game is called even half decently we have more of an advantage and likely win that game.

Yes, they wore down and the third was mostly in our end. I guarantee if Myers took a run at them like they do Petey and Quinn there'd be a suspension looming. It's really lopsided and this bs about having to find a way despite it is just that.

They played 2 teams last night. McDavid makes me puke...he's CONSTANTLY at the refs despite them slanting things in the Oilers' favour. Good player, total princess. Dirty team and I hope they slam Draisaitl into the boards at every opportunity. 

• Like 2

Miller punches McDavid in the face in a scrum, and later McDavid slices Hughes' face open with his stick. Kane targeting Hughes. Pettersson getting boarded was so bad - Oilers going after the Canucks slight players. What a bunch of f'n cowards.

2 minutes ago, Wing said:

Tocc and Hughes took the high road and didnt call out the poor officiating ref cause they know that's not why they lost the game, and doing that almost never ends up getting an advantage, and sometimes the opposite.

Tocc was pretty critical of how the team just threw pucks away in the third giving oils all the possession. Hope the team adjusts from this in game 3. We really need our depth guys to step up if we want to beat 97/29. 

I don't think it's because "they knew"...I think they knew it just gets worse if they do.

Believe me, he knows that was a dirty highstick that was basically ignored. He's just taking one for the team.

9 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

You're bang on. It's really frustrating when our D just watches (like they're frozen in one place) the opposition rather than challenge them in our own end.

Just now, Nucker67 said:

Miller punches McDavid in the face in a scrum, and later McDavid slices Hughes' face open with his stick. Kane targeting Hughes. Pettersson getting boarded was so bad - Oilers going after the Canucks slight players. What a bunch of f'n cowards.

And Nurse constantly skates in, throws random punch or takes dirty shots then quickly off to the bench before someone can return the favour. 

Their team is full of d bags.

• Vintage 1

So ... how is the waaaaaa, I'm a baby factor, in here this morning? I'm guessing it's on high and all the complainers will be doing what they do. Don't mention the fact we sucked big billy goats balls.

17 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Myers gets called for basically putting his stick too near a guy.

And they were targeting Draisaitl...but in the 3rd they changed how they were playing and that was the demise.

• Vintage 1