[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

46 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Anyone describing the infractions as “missed calls” is using a long straw to blow smoke up your a$$.

The calls were not “missed calls”.
They were deliberately not made.

Four officials, four angles, four opportunities. Any of those four could have requested plays be reviewed. The tape doesn’t lie.

Beat someone down enough and they will become frustrated, distracted and deflated. Pain, injury and disadvantage due to consistent lop-sided game control will wear a team down and affect the outcome. The games as much mental as it is physical. 

Except it is a faux pas for a linesman to make that call for some stupid reason. So in reality it's 2 officials, 2 angles etc.

I don't moderate much any more because I enjoy the banter.

But I will tell you I'm stepping back now to monitor those in here only to seemingly poke and prod after a tough loss.

Calling people babies/names who are discussing an atrociously reffed game just won't fly here. So mod hat is now on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Miller punches McDavid in the face in a scrum, and later McDavid slices Hughes' face open with his stick. Kane targeting Hughes. Pettersson getting boarded was so bad - Oilers going after the Canucks slight players. What a bunch of f'n cowards.

Or, just being smart. Nothing to do with being cowards.

That's how you win NHL hockey games.

2 hours ago, Joe King said:

More than likely game seven.

that means we HAVE to end this in 6 or less

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

If this is true then what can a fan do? Probably nothing.

So then why would we watch. ? 

We watch and cheer for our boys to push through the cheating refs (directed by the league) and win. 
And we watch to laugh at McWiner and all who think he’s something special. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Or, just being smart. Nothing to do with being cowards.

That's how you win NHL hockey games.

They barely squeaked a win out. I wouldn't really call their game plan strong if that's what it relies on. They'll get penalized when we get a ref with integrity on the job. So that plan's only good for so long.

That's actually playing a scared game. They're not confident enough in their skill.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We watch and cheer for our boys to push through the cheating refs (directed by the league) and win. 
And we watch to laugh at McWiner and all who think he’s something special. 

He's an excellent player. He skates like a rabbit being chased by a kid. And pouts at the refs like they promised to take him to Toys R Us and didn't.

I hope our team gets down and dirty too if that's how this is going to unfold. Take the penalties. Smash them in the face with your sticks. "Playoff hockey" to some.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Relax, have a drink, the series is tied and it ain't the end of the world

Good advice. I like it.

I am way too wound up but the Oilers were being shamed and had to pull some dirty stuff out of the bag to win. We'll see how far that takes them.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

After sleeping on it the OT goal stings but the Canucks made a lot of mistakes that put us into that position. Soucy's bad pinch and the team just not skating for the 3rd period. Also, something has to be done about Kane's dirty hits on the forecheck. Missing the high stick was also atrocious but if it's missed I get that refs make mistakes. But the slew foot needs to be addressed. The Canucks lost the physical match up yesterday and it showed.

I saw that POS do two slew foot checks. One on the Hughes and the other on Z. I always thought that was a call? How they missed McJesus' stick to Hughes face was beyond me. 4 officials, Toronto following the game, and how many live TV broadcasts to witness it?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

So ... how is the waaaaaa, I'm a baby factor, in here this morning? I'm guessing it's on high and all the complainers will be doing what they do. Don't mention the fact we sucked big billy goats balls.

Holy fk, do you just revel in our losses much. Or just enjoy attacking fellow posters. High horse must be nice. Fsakes.

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Good advice. I like it.

I am way too wound up but the Oilers were being shamed and had to pull some dirty stuff out of the bag to win. We'll see how far that takes them.

Lot of hockey to be played and nothing will change last night's result, the guys will watch tape and prepare for the next one 

Going up 2-0 would have been great but this was probably always gonna go 5-6 games one way or another 

They lost a game but they're not in a bad spot

• Cheers 1

I think this road trip will be good for the Canucks, get them away from the home town pressure. They'll bond more on the road (them against the world), and I'm hoping Big Z, Myers, Soucy, Miller etc. are steamed at how this game ended and they want payback. Seeing Hughes get cut by that whiney f'er, I'm hoping this lights a fire under this team. 

1 minute ago, Johngould21 said:

I saw that POS do two slew foot checks. One on the Hughes and the other on Z. I always thought that was a call? How they missed McJesus' stick to Hughes face was beyond me. 4 officials, Toronto following the game, and how many live TV broadcasts to witness it?

Zero integrity in their game. If that's how you have to win it's desperation play not great play.

I think the team'll adjust to it. We have the manpower to.

9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Holy fk, do you just revel in our losses much. Or just enjoy attacking fellow posters. High horse must be nice. Fsakes.

I find those comments really immature. 

It's ok to be pissed off.

It's ok to call out the refs without it being the reason we lost. People connect dots in order to ignore a valid talking point.

And it certainly is a factor if a team can openly high stick a guy and make him bleed and not sit in the box. No follow through and I feel it was intentional. McDavid's got some Marchand in him. Slew foots. Obvious boarding calls. Nothin. And then the Myers call....really? I'm all for them putting the whistles away but allow both teams the same liberties.

Those ace refs saw interference on one side though. Eagle eyed then.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Nope just sick and tired of the complaining and constant finger pointing like children. It's sickening. But go ahead if it make you feel better. I'm out, so enjoy it. I got a good sense of this place today.

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Trolls love to troll. I've actually started to ignore some users on here instead of feeding them... Damn I must be getting old!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Nope just sick and tired of the complaining and constant finger pointing like children. It's sickening. But go ahead if it make you feel better. I'm out, so enjoy it. I got a good sense of this place today.

As long as your happy. 

7 hours ago, 43isprime said:

At the time the contract was signed, many called it a discount for a "back-to-back 100 pt center", for "one of the best players in the league," etc. How often did we hear things like "when he's playing well he can take over games"? Well, what good is that if you can't count on him doing it on a game by game basis, and when the stakes are the highest?

Now the refrain has turned to "he's still getting better" and that "he'll grow into the contract". Sure, I guess we can hope he does, but that's a hell of a gamble and certainly not the discount people were claiming it was.

As I've always said, I like the player, he does the right things, he's versatile, plays the full 200 feet, but for 11.6m there has to be more than just that.

What would I have done? I think I would have waited until I saw what he was like in an actual playoffs (even he himself said the Bubble was nothing like this). He had already been playing poorly for a while prior to the contract signing, and it seems management just chose to overlook it.

I also thought the demand from the Pettersson side was too high. Did you see the interview with Friedman right before the playoffs started where he said the competitiveness in him was what made him want to get a higher number than Nylander? He always said he wanted to play on a winning team - I guess we'll see if we can be successful with him making 11.6m instead of 7.35m, in an albeit higher cap.

Hate to see what gets written when he DOESN"T score a goal last night, if this is what he gets for scoring a goal last night. 

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

LOL aren't you doing that in this comment?

Reel it in. If you're sick and tired of it take a time out. I can help with that.

• ThereItIs 1