[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

10 minutes ago, Darius said:

This one is for you @-dlc-

If we only had a team full of Millers...we wouldn't need refs. Not that they do anything useful.

Love Miller...he just doesn't give a sh.

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

If you followed the GDT, it was ridiculous.   Now people are making videos and showing plays side by side that happened soon after each other.   

Lineman could have asked Sutherland to review that one.    Maybe they did, who knows, i've seen dozens of games where the ref missed it, but stopped the play to go check once blood is drawn coupled with a players reaction.    He's got to own this missed called.   At a pivotal moment in the game, you bet it affected the outcome.  

Respect too.   Usually I stay out of blaming refs,  as it often over time evens out.    The "conspiracy" theorists exist as a result of our own history with reffing does lean towards getting bent over at times more then the average team.   

Finally the team/players didn't make any excuses, and that's a positive too. 

I have no issues with people who were upset over the officiating this game (it was very bad), but I also think fans can't blame the one-sided third period on Sutherland.

What I hate the most is people who start accusing posters on this forum of not being fans, just because they're not obsessed about refs.  I have never seen her suggest the Canucks need to play better after a loss, ever.  It's always the refs.  The refs the refs the refs.  

I've gotta say, I'm loving playoff Myers too. He's got an attitude/edge that's awesome.

Big Z, Soucy, Joshua. Those guys need to take a few liberties themselves....most refs are ok and would at least let some of it go. 

Hurt them. Draisaitl's got a bad back....that's your bullseye.

• Like 2
  • chaos 1

Just now, Miss Korea said:

I have no issues with people who were upset over the officiating this game (it was very bad), but I also think fans can't blame the one-sided third period on Sutherland.

No one's done that.

It's a narrative some have inserted into the discussion to ignore the reffing. To not discuss it for what it was...total crap.

Not going to say anything about the refs, obviously they weren't great but it is what it is. Canucks need to be better though, they were not the better team last night.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

No one's saying it's the reason we lost.

33 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yes, the team played bad in the third.

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

What I hate the most is people who start accusing posters on this forum of not being fans, just because they're not obsessed about refs.  I have never seen her suggest the Canucks need to play better after a loss, ever.  It's always the refs.  The refs the refs the refs.  

"Her"

So you're going at one person out of all the people who feel the same. Weak. The witch hunt ends now because you're making stuff up.

This isn't about "her" so focus on the content.

2 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Not going to say anything about the refs, obviously they weren't great but it is what it is. Canucks need to be better though, they were not the better team last night.

For two periods they were.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Odd. said:

1 goal in his last 58 games.

Mikheyev is truly one of the most useless players I’ve seen the last 10 years. Megna and Chaput were more bearable to watch than him. Holy shit.

Ive been feeling the same. Put Podz I. That spot Pleeease 

• Like 1

Just now, Karma-Kazi44 said:

Ive been feeling the same. Put Podz I. That spot Pleeease 

He's got a feisty side that I think would serve us well right about now. He doesn't take much crap.

Just now, -dlc- said:

He's got a feisty side that I think would serve us well right about now. He doesn't take much crap.

Exactly. And I think he might be fresh and have some more energy. He can skate fairly well he’s no mikheyev but when was the last time mikheyev actually used his speed to score or set up a goal? I can’t actually remember 🤷‍♂️

• Cheers 1

Great game for the Nucks to put in their playoff binder, along with all the others so far.  The team

wasn't going to win every game and this one was lost in the 3rd.  The Oilers live the glory of their

OT win today, but there's lots of hockey left to play in this series.  Our team's greatest strength is

their resilience and I have no doubt they will come back with a solid game, just like they did after

the Preds won a convincing (4-1) in the 2nd game of that series.

It's never pretty when the Canucks win a hockey game.  It's always a grinding battle of wills until they

manage to grab a win and run with it.  They will have to be more methodical in their attempts to contain

McDavid and now with Drais playing on the same line, it will be very difficult to manage.  The Oilers are

beatable, but the Canucks will need to develop their game plan and not waiver away from it.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Karma-Kazi44 said:

Exactly. And I think he might be fresh and have some more energy. He can skate fairly well he’s no mikheyev but when was the last time mikheyev actually used his speed to score or set up a goal? I can’t actually remember 🤷‍♂️

I sometimes feel the same way I do about Mik as I did about Raymond. That speed can play against you too....other guys have to catch up. Maybe goes against the pace more than beats it?

He was in there battling on the boards but often getting beat. Podz is pretty solid and harder to move off the puck in my view.

Just now, -dlc- said:

I sometimes feel the same way I do about Mik as I did about Raymond. That speed can play against you too....other guys have to catch up. Maybe goes against the pace more than beats it?

He was in there battling on the boards but often getting beat. Podz is pretty solid and harder to move off the puck in my view.

It’s like Mik is a clone of Hansen hands of stone and Mason Raymond 100% 

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

All the refs have a 2 minute meeting to discuss a puck over the glass but no discussion about Hughe's bleeding because of 97's high stick?

There was a major difference between the two calls.

One was against Vancouver.

The other was not.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Quit whining.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Podz is strong on the puck, but much less experience killing penalties. When it comes to PK, I think that's why Mik is drawing in.

Similar for Juulsen. He's more physical, but more likely to put you in the Box than Cole.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

O-8  When Kelly Shithead refs our playoff games. 

You know Fuck this guy.

He can go take a Flying fuck on a rolling donut.

It's pretty telling.  The randomness of hockey should say we would have won at least 1 game with him officiating, but to be 0 for 8?  That's something else.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

All the refs have a 2 minute meeting to discuss a puck over the glass but no discussion about Hughe's bleeding because of 97's high stick?

This, so much this ^^^

• Like 1

If this is Miller doing this? Gone.

Lowlife pieces of crap. If this is how they win, it speaks volumes.

It'll come back to bite them in the ass. Or the feeble back.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

It's pretty telling.  The randomness of hockey should say we would have won at least 1 game with him officiating, but to be 0 for 8?  That's something else.

Auger level corruption.

Oilers fan because his sister's mother's uncle married his cousin's daughter in Alberta. So he's Albortion at heart.

They frequent the VD Dairy farm on Saturday nights.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

This is why the dirtbags are targeting Hughes. Dont get me wrong, love what this team has done and will continue to do but theres a part of me that thinks "what if we had Tanev paired with Hughes".  

Edited by Darius