[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Auger level corruption.

Oilers fan because his sister's mother's uncle married his cousin's daughter in Alberta. So he's Albortion at heart.

They frequent the VD Dairy farm on Saturday nights.

I think that's just his great uncle. 😋

• Haha 1

Quinn's more man than Connor and Leon and the rest of the Albertan hillbillies put together.

Guy just takes a licking and keeps on ticking. McDavid would still be crying if he took that high stick. I can just see the pain in the post game whimpers. Quiinn's a beauty. F them.

it was embarrassing how much McDavid line whined at the refs.  Hughes took cheap shots and just kept doing his outstanding job.

• Cheers 3

11 hours ago, Coconuts said:

McDavid'd, we couldn't stop him

But it was never likely to be a sweep

He should have been banned from playing anymore this serie after that high stick against Hughes. 
it was very close to take an eye and it was deliberately. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, LillStrimma said:

He should have been banned from playing anymore this serie after that high stick against Hughes. 
it was very close to take an eye and it was deliberately. 

That's never gonna happen, we can go around in circles about it all we like but superstars getting special treatment ain't new. 

End of the day, the key to beating the Oil is quieting McDavid and Draisaitl and we weren't good enough at doing that last night. 

This is how it played out with them on the ice.

This is what Miller had to say about it.

T

Pal; That's a directed push, even shove. If you think that's a JT Miller punch, wait till the next game is coiler town!

His team-mates had to come to aid. Davy boy can dish out the illegal hits, spears, probably ear biting, 

but there aint no way he can go one on one with JT Miller..🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Pal; That's a directed push, even shove. If you think that's a JT Miller punch, wait till the next game is coiler town!

His team-mates had to come to aid. Davy boy can dish out the illegal hits, spears, probably ear biting, 

but there aint no way he can go one on one with JT Miller..🤣

And his refs are right there too...got your back stuff.

How many Oilers does it take to contain a Miller? All of them. 

Love that Myers gets his glove in faces too.  "On standby JT"

• Like 2

Patiently awaiting to hear

about some supplemental discipline for the blatant attempt to castrate Hogs , Kane’s Multiple slew foots , McCrybaby’s deliberate high stick … I also think Big Z would have got at least a game had he smashed 97 or 29 head first into the boards the way Nurse did to Petey!!!!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I don't think McDavid or Draisaitl are particularly dirty players.

That's on you then.

I know they are.

Also...it's not victimhood. Why must we label these discussions, which is all that they are? It's not like our team is up there crying...they're not. That's McDavid's schtick.

But I do agree...at some point it's time to turn the page. We're venting, and that's perfectly ok. If we're going to be subjected to that kind of crap there's a bit of a release afterward. We pay damn good money to watch these games and the expectation is that the refs do their jobs. I'm in for $550 so far (I know, that's on me) and I may be jobless in August. These refs probably should be too. Maybe I can apply for the vacancy when they're let go, I can skate and I can see.

F the Oilers. F the refs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darius said:

This is why the dirtbags are targeting Hughes. Dont get me wrong, love what this team has done and will continue to do but theres a part of me that thinks "what if we had Tanev paired with Hughes".  

And that's why he should win the Norris this year.  No questions asked.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

It is annoying how much McDavid dives & whines. If boarding & slewfoots are legal I hope we get take a few good runs at McDavid.

Would love to see the Oilers media crying had those plays happened against McD.

Anyways on the game, I thought the Canucks really struggled on their clears. Can't prolong their possession when there's a play to be made. Canucks played pretty well, even protected the house decently well when the ice was tilted, Soucy just makes a terrible play & McDavid has no problem staying on his feet when there's a scoring chance to be had of course. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

It is annoying how much McDavid dives & whines. If boarding & slewfoots are legal I hope we get take a few good runs at McDavid.

Would love to see the Oilers media crying had those plays happened against McD.

Anyways on the game, I thought the Canucks really struggled on their clears. Can't prolong their possession when there's a play to be made. Canucks played pretty well, even protected the house decently well when the ice was tilted, Soucy just makes a terrible play & McDavid has no problem staying on his feet when there's a scoring chance to be had of course. 

First game of the playoffs for the Canucks where the refs were horrible. Hopefully it's the last time that dick Sutherland has any say in the series.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Darius said:

This is why the dirtbags are targeting Hughes. Dont get me wrong, love what this team has done and will continue to do but theres a part of me that thinks "what if we had Tanev paired with Hughes".  

Imho we do not need a 7 mill D man playing with Hughes 

Mita a waste 

tanev would be a great fit so would a nasty big bodied RD man  - Dylan Demelo 

you can prob get tanev and Demelo for similar prior of Hroneks new AAV and less totsl money 

ex Hronek 7.5x 8

tanev 4.25 x 3

Demelo 4.5 x 3

• Vintage 2

That's on you then.

I know they are.

Also...it's not victimhood. Why must we label these discussions, which is all that they are? It's not like our team is up there crying...they're not. That's McDavid's schtick.

But I do agree...at some point it's time to turn the page. We're venting, and that's perfectly ok.

F the Oilers. F the refs.

I am not disagreeing with the venting process which I did earlier on. If McDavid and Draisaitl are pushing the envelope then the Canucks have to do the same thing. This is why I said the team has to amp up their physical play. In 2011 the Bruins beat the Canucks using their physical game. I don't want to see that happen again. This is why I suggested that I hoped to see more from PDG and Lafferty. Perhaps the Black Aces have a banger they can use. IMHO the Canucks should be looking at the Hughes hi stick, Petey's hit into the boards, Kane's slew foots and the spear on Hogs as a galvanizing force for some payback. Not stupid stuff but a really directed physical game where the Oilers know why. Oilers would be fools if they did not expect it. In my mind the Canucks did not come close to a response that was good enough. 

• Cheers 1

The Oilers have one line. And needed the refs in their back pockets to help take that one.

We'll see how long that holds up.

Honestly if that's their game plan to play Mcdavid and Draisatl over 25min a game, then we really just need to hit them to oblivion to really wear them down.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I am not disagreeing with the venting process which I did earlier on. If McDavid and Draisaitl are pushing the envelope then the Canucks have to do the same thing. This is why I said the team has to amp up their physical play. In 2011 the Bruins beat the Canucks using their physical game. I don't want to see that happen again. This is why I suggested that I hoped to see more from PDG and Lafferty. Perhaps the Black Aces have a banger they can use. IMHO the Canucks should be looking at the Hughes hi stick, Petey's hit into the boards, Kane's slew foots and the spear on Hogs as a galvanizing force for some payback. Not stupid stuff but a really directed physical game where the Oilers know why. Oilers would be fools if they did not expect it. In my mind the Canucks did not come close to a response that was good enough. 

I agree with this 100%, yes. I was calling for it.

I'd rather they go down swinging and I think in the third we saw a bit of "what do we do now?"

You smash them into oblivion and don't let them get away with that stuff.

But it'll also probably mean Myers and/or Zadorov will be suspended. That's the reality that we face.

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, stawns said:

How does it tilt the ice?  It's something that didn't happen.  What tilted the ice is that the oilers played MCD and drai every second shift ov the third and Vancouver were overwhelmed and passive.  Missed calls had nothing to do with that.

Missed calls didn't just happen to the canucks

Penalties often change the flow of the game. When a team gets away with (especially obvious) penalties, their momentum continues when it shouldn't... tilting the ice. Bad reffing has a significant impact on the game.  Sometimes teams can overcome that, sometimes they can't.

Aside from the obvious 4 mins McD didn't have to serve, twice an Oiler grabbed the stick out of a Canuck player's hands and tossed it aside (missing this same call in game 1 contributed to the Oilers' first goal, btw), and the missed calls pointed out in this thread already, that's a lot of time the Oilers should be on the defensive. Or, even better, that's more times we score, putting the Oilers off their game.

And to earlier points you make, sure, the players have to just bear down and try harder... because they can't call out the refs. We don't have those limitations, and we can shine light on the truth. The players have to focus as best they can on the next shift. We don't. We get to express our anger at the bullshit, and hope the team overcomes it. It doesn't invalidate the excuse, we just know that the players can't dwell on it like we can.

• Upvote 1