[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

4 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

I’m surprisingly relaxed about last night’s result. It was a good close game, could have gone either way. I always expected this series to go 6 or 7 and now we just gotta win one in Edmonton to set up an awesome best of 3 showdown with home ice advantage!

Thank you for the positivity .. surprising how some are so quick to bash the players' efforts. it was a hard fought game we could have won. I mean we had the lead what 3 separate times ?? we knew the oilers weren't going to roll over and they are a 1 line team who will play that line until they die of exhaustion 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

OK, here's the game summary and then I'm done with that fiasco of a game.

I do take comfort in the fact that the Oilers have to use this script to steal a win that we scored their winning goal for them in.  If this was the Oilers and no penalties were called? We'd hear their cries all the way from the VD Chicken Farm.

Yes, the team played like crap in the third.

But there's also a momentum and a tone that refs can inflict on a game and one team can benefit from it. Handcuff one team while the other goes on a rampage. "You interfered....git".

"You high sticked...but it's ok Connor. I love you" *bum pat

441875791_10160902927990549_762262457634

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm impressed that Hockey for Dummies is now available in Braille.

He has the audio book. Listens to it on mute.

Is there a chance Sutherland will ref another game in this series? I'm not sure how the ref rotation works the playoffs. If we get to game 7, nhl might just put him to make sure Oils advance. 

im still convinced sutherland needs help. He essentially needs to be placed in an insane asylum, forced to see an optometrist, enter rehab for his crack addiction, go to a job fair and get a new job, go through a divorce, have his drivers lisence taken away, banned from public transport, and then sent to the international criminal court to be tried for war crimes. Maybe then he can rebuild his life into something respectable

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XxNaslundxX said:

im still convinced sutherland needs help. He essentially needs to be placed in an insane asylum, forced to see an optometrist, enter rehab for his crack addiction, go to a job fair and get a new job, go through a divorce, have his drivers lisence taken away, banned from public transport, and then sent to the international criminal court to be tried for war crimes. Maybe then he can rebuild his life into something respectable

Once a corrupt piece of shit, always a corrupt piece of shit....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

So what’s with Ian Cole? He is responsible for 3 of the Oiler goals in game 1 and scored the game winner for the Oilers in game 2.

I’ve never seen this before. Two games back to back like that. 

It’s time to replace him with Juulsen. 

I also hated Soucy's pinch which set up the McDavid breakaway for the tying goal, could see it in his eyes, he was going for the hit, put himself right out of position. 

7 minutes ago, Wing said:

Is there a chance Sutherland will ref another game in this series? I'm not sure how the ref rotation works the playoffs. If we get to game 7, nhl might just put him to make sure Oils advance. 

They have 22 refs and it's cut down each round, with Sutherland having reffed the most games.

So I'd guess yes. We have to endure the wrath of Pissy Kelly some more. Ugh

441870669_10160902930935549_361889841849442499073_10160902930970549_869865629393

• Sad 1

Just now, AlexanderM said:

I also hated Soucy's pinch which set up the McDavid breakaway for the tying goal, could see it in his eyes, he was going for the hit, put himself right out of position. 

Bad bad pinch

Hope Foote talks with him.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

OK, here's the game summary and then I'm done with that fiasco of a game.

I do take comfort in the fact that the Oilers have to use this script to steal a win that we scored their winning goal for them in.  If this was the Oilers and no penalties were called? We'd hear their cries all the way from the VD Chicken Farm.

Yes, the team played like crap in the third.

But there's also a momentum and a tone that refs can inflict on a game and one team can benefit from it. Handcuff one team while the other goes on a rampage. "You interfered....git".

"You high sticked...but it's ok Connor. I love you" *bum pat

441875791_10160902927990549_762262457634

To be fair, they missed that high stick on Zadorov in the first vs Hyman in front of the net. Regardless, the Canucks got screwed more. Garbage reffing as usual

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Bad bad pinch

Hope Foote talks with him.

Myers making a play for the puck instead of just trying to get in front of McWhiner was a huge gaff... poor Chaos Giraffe 🦒

4 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

Myers making a play for the puck instead of just trying to get in front of McWhiner was a huge gaff... poor Chaos Giraffe 🦒

He was noticeably not as effective after he got hurt in the first period imo. bit of a shame I was thinking if he's hurting then just stay off.

I thought the team played well and battled hard. The scum that is the Oilers clearly had the refs in their back pocket tonight. The fact that the coward McDickSmack was able to cut Hughes face with his stick with zero punishment is a pure indication of that. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

I think you start DeSmith next game. Not because I put any blame on Silovs, just simply because it gives Edmonton a different look and DeSmith won both games in Edmonton. 

Exactly what I was thinking. 

DeSmith got us to the dance. Play him he's earned it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I'm not worried, This team always seems to bounce back after a loss..I wasn't even mad last night. Fuck the refs though!

Same wasn’t mad either. Obviously the Oilers got away with ALOT but I know our team and I know we have more wins ahead of us 

• Cheers 1

Theres no way the coach gets away without criticism.Millers line was getting burried in the 3rd.He should have put Lindholms line on for a few shifts  against McDavid and given the first line a break.Also put Zedorov out against McDavid.Hughes and Hronik were overwhelmed for a lot of the night.Let some big boys bounce the Oilers first line for a while. 

Here’s my take (most likely will be an unpopular one) on the whole reffing thing. Over my life I was part of or involved with many sport teams in different countries, different sport, different levels. From National Junior Volleyball Team in Ukraine as a player, to division 2 Ukrainian Soccer League team as sports journalist, to coaching various junior club teams in basketball and volleyball in Canada. During all these times I observed not only our team but also athletes and coaches on other teams. Participated in special training camp led by legendary Soviet Volleyball coach Viacheslav Platonov. Had close friends on Dynamo Kyiv team from 2 periods of their highest achievements in Europe (1986 European Cup of Cup Winners and 1999 CL semi final) who learned from another legend Valeriy Lobanovsky. Every one of these sports has one thing in common - element of subjective refereeing. There was always one common trend that I always saw - majority of consistent winners in all these sports never complained about refereeing, not even internally in locker room conversations. Most of the consistent losers blame refs/pitch/fans/weather conditions on their losses. It’s all about the mindset of the winner - always look at yourself as the cause of your own misfortune and analyze how not to get into a situation where you are exposing yourself to a questionable decision by others.

Of course, during the heat of the moment in the middle of the game, anyone reacts to bad calls by a ref. It’s how you deal with that after the game, when you analyze your own performance - that’s what differentiates losers from winners.

I just hope that we as fans try to get into similar mindset. There were plenty self-inflicted harm that Canucks caused to themselves in the last 15 minutes of the 3rd period yesterday. We could have and should have won the game yesterday even with all the stupidity from the Special K and Co.

• Cheers 3