[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

12 hours ago, TortorellasRant said:

No goals from Mikheyev, Blueger, Hronek, Hoglander, Lafferty, PDG.. a third of the line up contributing nothing on the score sheet. Not going to win a Cup with that.

So you expected 6 goals on top of the 3. So 9 goals total. Insanity 

13 hours ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

He often does. I still can't believe he hasn't been quietly shown the door by now.  He doesn't seem to be able to be neutral and hasn't for years.

League wants Rags vs Edm or Colorado in the Cup final. Sutherland is one of their useful idiots brought in to make sure that happens. Pretty clear, that you don’t touch 97, and you ignore fouls committed by 97. Meanwhile it’s open season on Hughes.

People wonder why Canucks looked slow in the 3rd period? Look no further than Kane’s slew foot on QH. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Chon derry said:

Watching the rerun of mcds high stick he actually looks back at Hughes to place his stick where it was whilst Hughes was completely Unaware. Not incidental at all. Sneaky bullshit and I hope someone causes him some trauma. 

He's going to get his own.    

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I don't understand this one.  Not even a fine?  Are we seriously saying it's OK to spear guys in the groin area now?  That it's just part of the heat of battle?  Yeesh...

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

So you expected 6 goals on top of the 3. So 9 goals total. Insanity 

Number of goals is irrelevant.  The way you perceive the comment says alot about your knowledge. We need goals from them period. 

1 minute ago, NucksNation said:

One thing that really pissed me off is that the team barely went after Draisaitl. The only one who hit him all night was Joshua. Dude barely played last game  because he was hurt and we don’t hit him every chance we get? 

because our guys werent looking to cheapshot him

make the hit when theres a legit one available otherwise stay honorable

4 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

because our guys werent looking to cheapshot him

make the hit when theres a legit one available otherwise stay honorable

I didn’t say cheapshot, no one was finishing their checks on him. When we finish all our checks we dominate teams. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

441884668_10160903014690549_796967216781

Pictures don't lie.

I’ll refer you to our resident referee apologist. He’ll explain all of it away in a heartbeat.

I guess Knoblauch doesn’t have to tell his players to stay out of the box. In that regard  he out coached Toc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like the previous series, prob a good time for the team to get out on the road.

Seen this movie before, where the league F***s over Van with their rigged-reff-antics.

Hopefully it serves as a galvanizing effect for our guys.

Past coupla' yrs, they've given us some great efforts in that edmunchuk-dump..let's hope for a couple more!

• Cheers 3

14 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Casey DeSmith you're up.

Not sure how it looked on tv but I was 10 rows up from Silovs for 2 periods last night and the kid was the only reason it took so long for the Coils to get the lead/win. I haven't seen the replay of the winning goal however so maybe that was what led you to this. Gonna watch the recording of the game later this afternoon

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Grandmaster said:

None of his previous playoff “experience” has panned out for us. In fact, it’s to the contrary. A permanent break from the team would do good for the Canucks. 

I think that's why Tocchet stuck with him, because if it were another player I think he would have sat. Juulsen should get a chance so Cole can sit and watch and figure out why he's struggling.

12 hours ago, stawns said:

A missed call, for sure, but that didn't lose them the game, in any way.  You can't play like that and expect to win, especially against the oilers 

Easy to say, impossible to prove. Conversely, McD goes off for four minutes and Canucks score one, possibly two goals on the pp. Game over.

Then the narrative becomes Oilers can’t take indisciplined stick infractions. and expect to beat Vancouver. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

441884668_10160903014690549_796967216781

Pictures don't lie.

Don’t worry.  Our resident Ref apologist will say Refs miss things all the time.

Hughes: ‘From my perspective, I got hit in the face. That’s all I know.’
“I’ll just leave it at that. Obviously, I haven’t looked at the (high stick) clip, so I can’t comment. But from my perspective, I got hit in the face. That’s all I know.”

The officiating odyssey started with Darnell Nurse twice treating Elias Pattersson like a piñata in the opening period. And when he rammed the Swedish centre from behind in the sequence, and his head was slammed into the endboards, nothing was called. 

It was at least a minor and could have been a major. It set a bad tone for a bad night.

And it was another situation where Pettersson could have went off, but he put a diplomatic spin on it.