[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

36 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

because our guys werent looking to cheapshot him

make the hit when theres a legit one available otherwise stay honorable

You don't have to cheapshot a guy, just finish the hit on him, and finish the hit often. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

55 minutes ago, Grinder1 said:

I think I agree with some posters to reunite the Joshua,Blueger,Garland line.  Play Lindholm with Petterson. And also move Mikheyev and Hoglander to the 4th.  Just need a  center for them though. 

Our best line during the season.  

The Labor Ready Line!

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, BPA said:

Don’t worry.  Our resident Ref apologist will say Refs miss things all the time.

He will say we have to adjust. Not sure how to adjust to another team blatantly getting way with dangerous penalties.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, FanInNorway said:

This is so stupid.  Now the league has set their bar that this is okay to do.

Guess it's time to hit them back

yea send out a fourth liner to go spear mcwhiner in the balls and see if it gets called….. spoiler it will be 5 and a game 

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

If this is Miller doing this? Gone.

Lowlife pieces of crap. If this is how they win, it speaks volumes.

It'll come back to bite them in the ass. Or the feeble back.

Edmonton used to be my favourite team back in the day when Wayne Gretzky played for them.  Wayne Gretzky is my all time favourite player.

I can tell you 100%, Gretzky's team was not at all like the current Edmonton team.  The current Edmonton team is trash with some of the worst pieces of shit that I have seen in watching hockey for 30+ years.  McDavid, Draisaitl, Kane, Nurse, the loser who gave Hoglander the cheap shot in the balls, Perry, Bouchard.  I've never seen so many losers on one team in all of my life.  Even worse than 2011 Boston and 2024 Boston.

I even saw Bouchard give the "dive" hand gesture to Petey when he purposely tripped him up.  These guys won't win anything, mark my words.  The Canucks are going to take these guys in 6 or 7 games...

• Like 4

F*ck Mcdavid and the oilers. Blatant high stick by Mcdavid on Hughes. I really hope someone on the Canucks make them pay next game. 

I would make re-signing Zadorav one of the number one priorities when we start signing our UFA’s. He’s a solid piece to build our defence around. I’m not overly sold on Hronek’s play. Cole…there is not much to say. Horrible luck in the last couple games, obviously no one wants to mess up but I think he’s played himself off the team for next year. We need to add younger guys. Myers I would bring back with Cole’s money. No more than 3-3.5M for the giraffe. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I keep looking at some of this shit and I don't believe this was even called, or seen, for that matter. 

I;d say get the guy next game but that's in Dumpton.

They both got penalties. Hogs for a mild crosscheck before this. The spear to the balls was retaliation.

Hogs crosscheck in this video here... at 1:20.  Complete ineptitude of the refs, they knew they were shitting the bed so started making up calls all over the place for "game management"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grinder1 said:

I think I agree with some posters to reunite the Joshua,Blueger,Garland line.  Play Lindholm with Petterson. And also move Mikheyev and Hoglander to the 4th.  Just need a  center for them though. 

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Lindholm-Petey

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland 

PDG-Lafferty-Mikheyev

4C becomes our problem in my opinion. Who do you go with Lafferty or Aman?

13 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

It is unsustainable over the course of the entire playoffs but is absolutely sustainable over 5-7 games.

Beating Vancouver in round 2 is Oilers best case scenario this year. They’re emptying the tank to do it. 

If they manage to get past our Canucks, Dallas or Colorado will anihilate them. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Beating Vancouver in round 2 is Oilers best case scenario this year. They’re emptying the tank to do it. 

If they manage to get past our Canucks, Dallas or Colorado will anihilate them. 

Top 6 TOI of all players in game 2

mcdavid, drysatle, Hughes, Hyman, ekholm

5 oilers 

yes they were desperate they rode their big guys hard 

our bottom 6 got stuck on ice 

we made some major gaffs defensively- Soucy, Myers, Cole 

ovetsll have played great but some major mistakes 

oilers lag depth majorly 

it’s gonna be McD, draisatl, Hyman, RNH, Bouchard, ekholm vs Canucks 

• Cheers 2
  • Wiener 1

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Quinn's more man than Connor and Leon and the rest of the Albertan hillbillies put together.

Guy just takes a licking and keeps on ticking. McDavid would still be crying if he took that high stick. I can just see the pain in the post game whimpers. Quiinn's a beauty. F them.

That roughian Pius Suter brushes past McDiver and #97 falls to the ice like he was shot. That dive was Neymar-like.

McDavid is the best player in the world right now, but he tarnishes his reputation when he resorts to cheap tactics. 

It worked though.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Edmonton used to be my favourite team back in the day when Wayne Gretzky played for them.  Wayne Gretzky is my all time favourite player.

I can tell you 100%, Gretzky's team was not at all like the current Edmonton team.  The current Edmonton team is trash with some of the worst pieces of shit that I have seen in watching hockey for 30+ years.  McDavid, Draisaitl, Kane, Nurse, the loser who gave Hoglander the cheap shot in the balls, Perry, Bouchard.  I've never seen so many losers on one team in all of my life.  Even worse than 2011 Boston and 2024 Boston.

I even saw Bouchard give the "dive" hand gesture to Petey when he purposely tripped him up.  These guys won't win anything, mark my words.  The Canucks are going to take these guys in 6 or 7 games...

They are a pathetic bunch of scumbags... they really are... 

I hope you are right as that is my prediction as well, but unfortunately nobody cares about good or bad, as long as the are winning.

I was disappointed yesterday about the non call on Hughes, but the rest was so so... they are a trash team that dives and fells hard done to non stop... But that is for the refs to deal with... The call on Suter followed by the non call on McD taking down Petey...  That I don't get... 

However I'm disappointed with the league showing their true colours again, for not dealing with the spear on Hoglander.... It seems to be the way they want it... We just have to be bigger than that, as they have shown us, we are on our own...

More importantly, why the hell has nobody nailed McD.... Really nailed him? Fuck how good they are on the PP, send him he'd first into the boards, or by a clean hit if possible...

All of this, play it clean BS obviously haven't done the trick. and they are going to dive anyway... I'm starting to think, how Boston beat us... we were supposed to win with out PP in the finals, but didn't... Oilers won't win anything neither living of their PP only...

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

That roughian Pius Suter brushes past McDiver and #97 falls to the ice like he was shot. That dive was Neymar-like.

McDavid is the best player in the world right now, but he tarnishes his reputation when he resorts to cheap tactics. 

It worked though.

The frustrating part was not that it worked, as Suter didn't have to do it, but that McD did the same to Petey and no call? 

Hogs got speared and the league turns a blind eye, but had a Canuck done it different story... 

McD is a piece of shit... as a human and as pro... it may end up getting him a cup, but he'll be remembered for being a cheat as much as a super player...

Can I just add the question are we in a situation, where it's a case of 'if you can't beat them join them'?... If Hogs had gone down and was needing to be carried of the ice, would the calls still have been the same... Or if Hughes had gone down holding his face, would the call have been made?... pretty piss poor if you ask me, but I am starting to get the feeling, that it works for the way NHL is being reffed now...

Edited by spook007
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

441418140_10160903142780549_224947836559

Sutherland. French for incompetent senseless bastard without eyes.

Like I said before. The league want a Mac v Mc next round. Our guys (and Dallas) will need to play through the blatant cheating by the refs. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1