[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

41 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Edmonton used to be my favourite team back in the day when Wayne Gretzky played for them.  Wayne Gretzky is my all time favourite player.

I can tell you 100%, Gretzky's team was not at all like the current Edmonton team.  The current Edmonton team is trash with some of the worst pieces of shit that I have seen in watching hockey for 30+ years.  McDavid, Draisaitl, Kane, Nurse, the loser who gave Hoglander the cheap shot in the balls, Perry, Bouchard.  I've never seen so many losers on one team in all of my life.  Even worse than 2011 Boston and 2024 Boston.

I even saw Bouchard give the "dive" hand gesture to Petey when he purposely tripped him up.  These guys won't win anything, mark my words.  The Canucks are going to take these guys in 6 or 7 games...

Good post EP,   Even IF the Oilers get past us, their “type” of hockey with the cheap shots , is going to bring more singular attention to their own players..  who will , and should in this series,  have a player or 2 on their team targeted every game.

Im surprised the DOPSaftey isn’t sitting Kane for a game for his slew foot on Hughes.

(someone else can post the slo-mo version)

It was a definite slew foot , easily seen by all,

one where Kane could have easily cut Hughes Calf muscle or worse..

and something Kane has been fined for before.

Regardless, our D men should pummel him with massive hits and face washes all night.

Then Draistyl, the McD.

Just get McD and Draistyl out of the game and that  team is nothing, has nothing ,. And loses.

Wouldnt mind seeing Juulz in to give Cole a maintenance day..   give Juulz the green light..  he’s waiting for it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

441418140_10160903142780549_224947836559

441416794_10160903144930549_203691200295

Sutherland. French for incompetent senseless bastard without eyes.

Totally got Eff'd over last night, Sad thing is that all of us called it beforehand. I don't care though, Karma always bites back and I'm so chill with this team..Bring it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, quattrob said:

Still pissed at what Myers did causing that breakaway goal by Mcd... like Soucy made a mistake why would you risk poke checking the puck when you know mcd is on the ice... Tocchet says it's fine to make 1 mistake but when you make another 1 on top of 1 then that's the problem.. it's part of playing within structure which they have been preaching.  

in all honesty Myers would of got blown by him, he gambled cause he was already leaning to get that puck. he should of just taken the body instead reaching. 

20 minutes ago, spook007 said:

The frustrating part was not that it worked, as Suter didn't have to do it, but that McD did the same to Petey and no call? 

Hogs got speared and the league turns a blind eye, but had a Canuck done it different story... 

McD is a piece of shit... as a human and as pro... it may end up getting him a cup, but he'll be remembered for being a cheat as much as a super player...

Can I just add the question are we in a situation, where it's a case of 'if you can't beat them join them'?... If Hogs had gone down and was needing to be carried of the ice, would the calls still have been the same... Or if Hughes had gone down holding his face, would the call have been made?... pretty piss poor if you ask me, but I am starting to get the feeling, that it works for the way NHL is being reffed now...

I have bad memories of it working for the 2011 Canucks until the Cup final, when it didn’t work at all. 

I would rather.see this team finish their checks against Edmonton’s top five, next game. If the stripes are going to call penalties, then get your money’s worth and make them limp off. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Edmonton used to be my favourite team back in the day when Wayne Gretzky played for them.  Wayne Gretzky is my all time favourite player.

I can tell you 100%, Gretzky's team was not at all like the current Edmonton team.  The current Edmonton team is trash with some of the worst pieces of shit that I have seen in watching hockey for 30+ years.  McDavid, Draisaitl, Kane, Nurse, the loser who gave Hoglander the cheap shot in the balls, Perry, Bouchard.  I've never seen so many losers on one team in all of my life.  Even worse than 2011 Boston and 2024 Boston.

I even saw Bouchard give the "dive" hand gesture to Petey when he purposely tripped him up.  These guys won't win anything, mark my words.  The Canucks are going to take these guys in 6 or 7 games...

I want this more than anything. Cups are hard to win and if Canucks get by Oilers, gonna be tough. But if no cup, runner up to a cup win would be blasting that diving, dirty, whiney, overrated, scumbag group in Edmonton out of the playoffs. I bet the Canucks are pissed and this could get real intense yet.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Wouldnt mind seeing Juulz in to give Cole

I have preferred Coles over Juls up untill last game. Now I think it's Juls time and encourage his hits. Inflict some pain please. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

You would hope they put Podz in before Karlsson. Was not impressed with Karlsson when he played earlier. Just a whole bunch of Meh. 

I think Pods would bring some new energy and finished checks. Pods please. 

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I have bad memories of it working for the 2011 Canucks until the Cup final, when it didn’t work at all. 

I would rather.see this team finish their checks against Edmonton’s top five, next game. If the stripes are going to call penalties, then get your money’s worth and make them limp off. 

That's exactly how I see it as well... F them, if they are going to knock us out let them do so in wheel chairs, so they won't go any further.... I am sick of turning the other cheek, because we are so scared of their PP...

If we can beat them, don't just bend over and let them have it their way... Lets put up a fight...

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

You would hope they put Podz in before Karlsson. Was not impressed with Karlsson when he played earlier. Just a whole bunch of Meh. 

Eh, I'd assume Tochett knows what he's doing

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

That's exactly how I see it as well... F them, if they are going to knock us out let them do so in wheel chairs, so they won't go any further.... I am sick of turning the other cheek, because we are so scared of their PP...

If we can beat them, don't just bend over and let them have it their way... Lets put up a fight...

Go down swinging, it's how I live my life and how I hope my favorite team plays. I trust Tochett, Foote. Those two will know what to say, and when to say it. 

• Like 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Pettersson is going to be instrumental in this series. He’s got a goal now. Things will start to build going forward. 

Ya. He's inching closer to breaking out. I know it's not how it should be with him and folks are ready to kick him to the curb, but its not always a straight line for developing young players. Petey hates losing and he will keep trying to make a difference. I have no doubt in his will to win.

• Vintage 1

If you asked me 2 months ago would you rather keep Zads or Hronek? I'd say both.

But now. I dunno, if we had a good deal in place at the draft for Hronek and got a younger, more all around RHD with an edge I'd take it.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1