[PGT] Shitmonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 2

1 hour ago, BarneyKook said:

They both got penalties. Hogs for a mild crosscheck before this. The spear to the balls was retaliation.

Hogs crosscheck in this video here... at 1:20.  Complete ineptitude of the refs, they knew they were shitting the bed so started making up calls all over the place for "game management"

Kelly is such a POS 

We don't need a referee sucks chant, we need a kellly kellly mock like we do with Skinner. 

What are we now with Kelly reffing 0-7-2?

Is that even possible? 

Next time he refs, I don't care, blow one game where we dress guys like Podz, Aman Juulsen who won't get playing time and take the whole game to cross check, spear, board, slew foot Mcdavid in the face. Chances are, with Kelly reffing, we'll lose the game anyway. Those guys will get a 2 game suspension and still be needed next time we need them to dress. 

That spear on Hogz deserves a suspension 

That high stick on Hughes deserves a 5min call on the ice and then video review and then brought down to a a double minor after video review. 

If it was a follow through, they can waive off the penalty. 

Not to go that route was very telling that the refs didn't want that to happen. That was the safest way to make the right call and they ignored it. 

I can see why, the high sticking didn't even happen behind the scenes, it happened right in front of the puck carrier and I'm sure there were eyes on that play. 

That would have given us a 4 on 3 PP followed by a 5 on 3 for 30 seconds and then more time on 5 v 4 PP

That was the pivitol point in the game where we could have blown it open. 

Honestly, This is just my opinion. Change things up a bit. Start DeSmith, Bring in some muscle in Juulsen , Cole ain't doing us no favors and bring in the Podz!

Hit everything on sight! Drai was scared to chase the puck the game before, Crunch him!

15 hours ago, stawns said:

But they didn't.  There's no such thing as "what if", there's only "what is".  You have to play the game as it happens, not how you want it to happen

You might have wanted those calls, but they didn't happen, so they don't impact the game.  Is it the fault of a missed call that Vancouver gets hemmed in their zone for 25 mins?  Did a missed call put that puck in it's own net?

No, the Canucks did all those things and the Canucks lost that game.  Missed calls had nothing to do with it.  Quit with making excuses for poor play

Missed calls  most certainly DO impact games.

Just like bad calls can and usually do.

The Nucks didn’t play great for the third that’s on them  but to say the obvious missed 4 minute high stick and a brutal slew foot wouldnt have an impact is pretty silly. 

meanwhile mcbaby falls down pretty easy way worse crap was happening but nucks get called which did impact the game.

If you don’t think good or bad officiating impacts the game and the flow  you’re 💯 wrong. 

Really the only  one making excuse is for why the officiating was so shitty. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

You would hope they put Podz in before Karlsson. Was not impressed with Karlsson when he played earlier. Just a whole bunch of Meh. 

I honestly don't get all the Podz love that is happening in this thread. He did nothing for Abbotsford in the playoffs and scored no goals in 19 games with Vancouver this season. He's like a hamster on a treadmill; he goes everywhere at 100 miles an hour but never gets anywhere. And he can't put the puck in the ocean with a dump truck. Just exactly what does he bring that can make a difference in a tight series?

1 hour ago, BarneyKook said:

They both got penalties. Hogs for a mild crosscheck before this. The spear to the balls was retaliation.

Hogs crosscheck in this video here... at 1:20.  Complete ineptitude of the refs, they knew they were shitting the bed so started making up calls all over the place for "game management"

Having to deal with corrupt officiating like this can definitely take players off of their game.

This league is a joke. I have said it before and I will say again I'm only here for The Canucks.

Once they are eliminated I am out. It's all I can take. The talk should be about how good  or crappy the players played. Instead the stripes steal the show. No way I can support that kind crap. Every time I see mccrybaby getting away with that intentional high stick I get angrier and angrier. Plus all the other dangerous penalties the stripes turned a blind eye to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Five and a game should be the least for this.  Do not play this down.

It was a no brainer to call the 5 and go to video review. Especially if you're not sure what happened. 

That allows them to waive off the penalty entirely (if it was a follow through), decrease it to a double minor or keep the 5 min. 

To not even confer with the other 3 on the ice and ignore it like nothing ever happened when the play happened directly in front of the puck carrier reeks of foul play. 

If it was called properly, it would have been a 4 on 3 followed by a brief 5 on 3 and then a 5 on 4 PP. 

Hogz spear happened right in front of the refs. That should have been a 5 and a game on Ryan and a 2 min cross check for a weak cross check on Hogz. 

The slew foots by Kane were more subtle but we've seen Hogz given a 5 min major and thrown out of the game for the same thing this year 

That hit on Petey was bad but I felt like he turned into it and sometimes those aren't called. 

Anyway, the refs screwed us last night. 

It didn't help that we had nothing left in the tank in the 3rd though. 

Game was there for the taking and we didn't show up in the 3rd.

This team is the team that shows up even when refs are garbage so I thought we would yesterday as well. 

Unfortunate tip by Cole. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

Totally got Eff'd over last night, Sad thing is that all of us called it beforehand. I don't care though, Karma always bites back and I'm so chill with this team..Bring it!

And the scummy stripe is right there watching.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If you asked me 2 months ago would you rather keep Zads or Hronek? I'd say both.

But now. I dunno, if we had a good deal in place at the draft for Hronek and got a younger, more all around RHD with an edge I'd take it.

Yip. His lack of offence since mid way point of the season, and now the playoffs means he's not worth his asking price. I'd rather have Zads and a cheaper replacement to play with Hughes. I really like Hroneks' defensive and all round game, but his contact has to start with a six. Maybe even less.

Edited by Rekker
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

It was a no brainer to call the 5 and go to video review. Especially if you're not sure what happened. 

That allows them to waive off the penalty entirely (if it was a follow through), decrease it to a double minor or keep the 5 min. 

To not even confer with the other 3 on the ice and ignore it like nothing ever happened when the play happened directly in front of the puck carrier reeks of foul play. 

If it was called properly, it would have been a 4 on 3 followed by a brief 5 on 3 and then a 5 on 4 PP. 

Hogz spear happened right in front of the refs. That should have been a 5 and a game on Ryan and a 2 min cross check for a weak cross check on Hogz. 

The slew foots by Kane were more subtle but we've seen Hogz given a 5 min major and thrown out of the game for the same thing this year 

That hit on Petey was bad but I felt like he turned into it and sometimes those aren't called. 

Anyway, the refs screwed us last night. 

It didn't help that we had nothing left in the tank in the 3rd though. 

Game was there for the taking and we didn't show up in the 3rd.

This team is the team that shows up even when refs are garbage so I thought we would yesterday as well. 

Unfortunate tip by Cole. 

That game was rigged, it was why Sutherland was assigned it, plus review wouldn’t have changed anything 

IMG_1482.thumb.jpeg.e55b98d3cfc155ce71f861cf4f589b6e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I honestly don't get all the Podz love that is happening in this thread. He did nothing for Abbotsford in the playoffs and scored no goals in 19 games with Vancouver this season. He's like a hamster on a treadmill; he goes everywhere at 100 miles an hour but never gets anywhere. And he can't put the puck in the ocean with a dump truck. Just exactly what does he bring that can make a difference in a tight series?

What exactly has Hogs done? Or Laffy? Or PDG? Or Mikheyev? I mean, Podz literally can't be worse than the ghosts we been throwing out there. but there's the potential he brings energy to the team. PDG, Hogs, Mikheyev and Lafferty combined have the same number of goals this post season as Podkolzin and, lemme check my notes, they have a combined 32 games played whereas Podz has, lemme check my notes again, 0 games played.

I dunno man, I don't get the love for throwing those guys out there continuously expecting change. We don't become great all of a sudden, but again, I don't think we get worse scratching Hogs or PDG for Podz. Fresh legs, new energy. Kid would be making his playoff debut. Might breathe life into the team.

Edited by JeremyCuddles
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

25 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Honestly, This is just my opinion. Change things up a bit. Start DeSmith, Bring in some muscle in Juulsen , Cole ain't doing us no favors and bring in the Podz!

Hit everything on sight! Drai was scared to chase the puck the game before, Crunch him!

You're acting like we're down 3-0 in the series. We're tied, and if it wasn't for another Cole bone head play we could be up 2-0. No reason to change anything up. It's a best of 7 series. We're gonna lose some games

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Somewhat of a semi neutral You tube, but it's fairly decent in picking up the Oiler garbage;  (the yellow means chicken shit).

This video was well done. 

It does show the other side of it. 

Missed high stick by us on Hyman and a too many men by us missed. 

They missed 4 min on us and missed 4 min on Mcdavid, 5 on Ryan, missed the 2x 2min slewfoot on Kane 

13 min to 4 min... 

• Vintage 1

Ok I want to focus on game 3 because I think we will have a huge bounce back game after what happened in 3rd period. 

We don’t need to apologize or make excuses for wanting the best for our team… Regarding Huggy missed penalty. If it was McBitch that was cut on that play and “ no one” saw it initially they, the 4 officials would’ve huddled and then assessed a major on Hughes for spear to face so they can look at it then rescind the major to a double minor for high stick and get the call. The NHL has implemented things like this to help referees in moments like last night. But Sutherland for whatever reason always has a plan against us.

So in saying all of that we are the better “team” We will win this series and don’t be surprised we come back home with a strangle hold 3-1 series lead like we did in Nash series.

love this team, respect to all on these boards Go Canucks Go!

IMG_1104.gif

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

You're acting like we're down 3-0 in the series. We're tied, and if it wasn't for another Cole bone head play we could be up 2-0. No reason to change anything up. It's a best of 7 series. We're gonna lose some games

The only change I suggested was DeSmith, He's had their number and is a diff look..Nothing against Silv..Hodz is probably coming out of the line-up anyway as per Tocch..And Cole is kind of a no-brainer.

2 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Ok I want to focus on game 3 because I think we will have a huge bounce back game after what happened in 3rd period. 

We don’t need to apologize or make excuses for wanting the best for our team… Regarding Huggy missed penalty. If it was McBitch that was cut on that play and “ no one” saw it initially they, the 4 officials would’ve huddled and then assessed a major on Hughes for spear to face so they can look at it then rescind the major to a double minor for high stick and get the call. The NHL has implemented things like this to help referees in moments like last night. But Sutherland for whatever reason always has a plan against us.

So in saying all of that we are the better “team” We will win this series and don’t be surprised we come back home with a strangle hold 3-1 series lead like we did in Nash series.

love this team, respect to all on these boards Go Canucks Go!

IMG_1104.gif

Agreed with everything here. 

Would have loved for this team to overcome Sutherland's BS but good news is, we probably don't have him for a while now 

Would love to see us kick the crap out of them in Edmonton. 

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Agreed with everything here. 

Would have loved for this team to overcome Sutherland's BS but good news is, we probably don't have him for a while now 

Would love to see us kick the crap out of them in Edmonton. 

lol yeah NHL will monitor our series and if we win the next 2 in Edmonton they will reassign him for our game 5 to help the Coil try to extend the series lol

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We need to bring the heat on McD, more hits and hammer, keep pasting him into boards. Punish that line relentlessly.

I think maybe Tocchet thought he could afford to let off the pressure on Mcdavid ever so slightly because of the results of the first game. Not allowing McD a shot on net for the first time ever. 

But after the results of the 2nd game , he will probably go full bore against McD again. 

The Oilers were targeting Hughs so next game , the Canucks will be head hunting McDrai and Bouchard.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

This video was well done. 

It does show the other side of it. 

Missed high stick by us on Hyman and a too many men by us missed. 

They missed 4 min on us and missed 4 min on Mcdavid, 5 on Ryan, missed the 2x 2min slewfoot on Kane 

13 min to 4 min... 

Oh frick, spare me the too many men bs.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Pastafarian said:

Oh frick, spare me the too many men bs.

Id have to watch it again. 

Im assuming the video was done correctly (even though some players are out of the screen) 

Would love to see it though. 

8 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

lol yeah NHL will monitor our series and if we win the next 2 in Edmonton they will reassign him for our game 5 to help the Coil try to extend the series lol

Oh yeah, series can't end in 5. We need to extend it.

They should just blow game 5 and run Mcdavid and Drais all game and when we lose, say the cliche things like lack of discipline cost us the game, we need to stay out of the box etc. 

Might as well get our moneys worth if they are gonna rig it. 

• Like 1

read somewhere that the main reason that the NHL/Bettman/Bet365 HAS to have the oilers beat us is to try to set up a McDavid vs Mckinnon matchup next round. 

I surely do hope that the Stars win in 5 so that that possibility is gonezo... Then maybe they let us actually play a fairly reffed game 6/7... here's hoping anyway

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'll take this loss. The law of averages was going to rear it's head regardless. Going up 2/0 would make it our series to lose and a lot of pressure would come with that. 

Right now , the Oilers got their rocks off and are almost overly confident again. That's where we want them. 

Knob panic stacked his top line and now he's stuck doing that again. He was arrogant enough to think he could load manage McDrai to beat the Canucks. And save them for round 3.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1