[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Four penalties that even a blind person would call. Tell me this didn’t affect the outcome of the game. 

Four pieces of shit that play for the Oilers. The dirtiest team in hockey…

That was intent to injure on Huggy, that mofo McPiss knew what he was doing, it wasn't even subtle

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

I was creeping oilers pages on reddit.

They are having massive 1000 plus comment threads on playing either the avs or stars.

Implying that once our "puck luck" dries up this series is a cake walk.

And apparently we are worse than leaf fans lol.

I love it. We gotta take both in Edmonton. Just put a stranglehold on this series. We shut down mcdrai and they have nothing.

At least with the Leafs, it is the media that is mostly unbearable.

With the Oilers it is 100% their arrogant fans and somehow worse media. 

Hope they never win a cup with McDavid and have them be blamed for wasting his career. 

I know a lot Canucks fan hate Calgary more than Edmonton but fir me it is completely opposite. Hate these lottery and now pp merchants more than any other team maybe outside of the Leafs. 

• Cheers 3

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Four penalties that even a blind person would call. Tell me this didn’t affect the outcome of the game. 

Four pieces of shit that play for the Oilers. The dirtiest team in hockey…

3 of those are league reviewable 

the high stick was in game discussions worthy

because of those missed, next game will see some injured players/game misconducts

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

If the media wants to continue with how over-matched  / walked all over / never stood a chance comments about the Canucks in this series - they are certainly entitled to their opinions. Its up to the Canucks to light a fire and start playing with even more emotion + grit and as they said, ignore the noise.  Careless stick on McD clip but the Kane slew foot is bad.  I know the teams are hungry to win the cup - but not to the extent of illegal slew footing that may take a key player out of the series.  Clean hits and wearing down are part of the game and can be applied to ALL players - regardless if Petey  McDavid Hughes Draisatl etc. 

Up to RT and company to make the necessary adjustments / or personnel changes to hopefully grab game 03.  No question McD and Draisaitl are superb players that attack with speed.  It would be nice though if the Canucks can find some other areas on that team that they can exploit - besides the usual stuff they are doing now. 

Edmonton has come back so many times this year in the third so we will need a full 60m effort.

Hoping for a good result,

justwin.jpg

2 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Zadorav has quickly become a leader in the room and on the ice. Losing him to free agency would be a mistake. He has to be the #1 priority on D to sign. 

Hronek has 0 points in 8 games. That’s insane for how the regular season went for him. He’s definitely 2nd or 3rd in line to be signed after Myers.

I was thinking about that too. However, he does not seem to get setup for his slapper and is not given any pp time despite the 1st group being dreadful. He needs to be given the greenlight. His shot hurts and is effective.

6 hours ago, Darius said:

one of the main reasons i hate that team, aside from their large cast of unlikeable characters and well known dirtbags, is the smug media and fans that surround them.  Spector writes the Canucks never stood a chance last night when they put together the only dangerous players they have on one line...so you had to play them for half the game , get a bunch of non calls in your favor, get the game to OT ...but they never stood a chance? lol

Saw the article as well... what a load of tosh...

Oilers won it in OT ffs... the riding of McDirtbags d!ck is being taken to new heights...

I wish/ hope the knock McD or Drai into the next century...

And just spear him like Hogs was... its only a 2min pen and nothing extra from the league, so its open season. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CanuckFan said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-look-to-slow-down-edmonton-oilers-top-scorers

Notable quotes from Tocchet

“When you're defending all the time, you don't have juice to play offense,” Tocchet said. “When we do have it, I think we just have to possess it more, be willing to hold it more when we move our feet, and in the third period, especially in the third, we weren't in that mode. We were in the mode of just flip pucks out. … We need some players to dig in for us. You have to dig in if you want to win.”

Tocchet wants those minutes to come with a heavier toll. He felt his players backed off too much, understandably worried about losing 1-on-1 matchups if they challenged such skilled forwards.

“We're respecting them too much,” Tocchet said. “We're coming off checks. We were stick-checking too much and that was the disappointing thing for me.”

Let's see how our boys respond to being called out like that by the coach.

Yep... expect a feisty affair... pay back time. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, The Aquaman said:

It’s all good guys…..

I didn’t expect us to go up 2-0 in the series. This is a true Dog Fight. 

I am not trying to troll the Oilers….all they have is their PP. 

Game by Game.

I Love my Canucks, but this will be a 7 game series………..

Game 7, will be a flip of a coin…..50/50 chance.

Go Canucks!

I called a 4-2 series against the Predators.

You could easily be right... 

i expected a 6-7 games series from the start... 

• Like 1

oh man....after last games 3rd period we need to get back on track and not let that happen again. we need to close the gaps in our Dzone and wear the 2 man team down....we got this, we are better then them. lets prove it. GCG!!!

war battle GIF by HISTORY UK

9 hours ago, Slegr said:

All of the Sportsnet writers are brutal. Even our guy. They’re all a disgrace to journalism.

Pretty much all journalism is a disgrace to journalism.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

That was intent to injure on Huggy, that mofo McPiss knew what he was doing, it wasn't even subtle

That was 100% intentional. McDavid is the best player in the world, he knows how to use a stick and he's got the refs in his back pocket. He will do anything he can to win a Cup. Hope the Canucks do the same - whatever they have to do.

• Vintage 3

Posted (edited)

Mikheyev is quite useless, we can all agree. Sure he's fast, but so what. Fast going nowhere.

I have an idea how he can finally be useful. Two-handed slash across McFuck's face. Take the penalties and fines, suspensions etc. So what, move on to the 3rd round.

Edit - of course I'm joking 😜 but it would take that a-hole out

Edited by Nucker67
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

The team was really good for the majority of the previous game. It was 15 bad minutes that cost them. They will be more determined tonight coming off a loss and hopefully the Oilers get overconfident after game two. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

That was 100% intentional. McDavid is the best player in the world, he knows how to use a stick and he's got the refs in his back pocket. He will do anything he can to win a Cup. Hope the Canucks do the same - whatever they have to do.

Lol do what you have to do eh??? 

main-qimg-ef84aae6678d3302a2370e2c04394227.gif.e4ebfb75272d1ce15620e823ab5b93e5.gif

• ThereItIs 2

Hoping that last game lit a fire under the Canucks. Stinkin' Oil comes into our building and cuts open our captain's face? 

I hope the Canucks big boys come out to play tonight and really punish those jerks. Time to get back to being physical, we can beat these punks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2