[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

Who sits if RT pulls a forward out? I doubt it is Hogs. He checks to many boxes. For me it is Mik. Sit Mik out and put Karlsson in. He was leading the Baby Canucks during the Calder. He has a solid physical game and will go to the net. He doesn't have Mik's foot speed but does have a good defensive game. Whether you sit Cole for Juulson is more of a question mark. Juulson is capable IMHO but this is playoffs and Cole has the experience. Foote and Tocchet will be huddled on these decisions. 

• Upvote 1

Simply put a must win game, if they win they'll have a lot of momentum whereas I'm not sure how much adversity and duration their stars can last. We have to grind this down, the longer it goes the better chance we have.

They'll have a lot of chances against our bottom guys with the matchup game but hopefully that means we can target theirs.

6-4 Canucks in a wild one

Mikheyev has looked alright but not great, Hoglander the same. I'd take one of them out and play Karlsson or Hoglander. Aman will get destroyed defensively.

Juulsen can't come in for Cole, I get it if Myers is injured but surely not. Juulsen will cost us far more goals playing against McDavid than Cole has. He'll try and throw a big hit and will get feasted on defensively.

We're not far off to be honest, stick with the game plan but Petey's linemates have been absolute trash - he could use some help.

Another wild option if they want to load up their top line is to load up our defence:

Miller - Lindholm - Suter

Hoglander - Petey - Boeser

Garland - Blueger - Joshua

Mikheyev - Aman - Karlsson

Try and get that top defensive line out there against McDavid and hope our middle 2 lines can feast on their bottom 9 which is very likely.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Hoping that last game lit a fire under the Canucks. Stinkin' Oil comes into our building and cuts open our captain's face? 

I hope the Canucks big boys come out to play tonight and really punish those jerks. Time to get back to being physical, we can beat these punks.

We have to play them harder than we played NSH, which was pretty hard.   If we can do that, back to how things went for the Oilers in the regular season.  

As for playing last game, there is no excuse's on the way to winning a cup,  and if our stars have an open season like deal, then it's up to the players to decide a plan of action.   Agree with Tochett, we gave them way too much respect in the 3rd and played scared.    Wouldn't skate with it and were happy to give up possession by flipping the puck out.     Play the body and their sticks.   

Demko is coming back...just need to split in EDM.     It's best of 5 now.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

You know, if anyone here believes that Vancouver will beat Edmonton this series, I do, AND wants to risk a bit of cash then there is a guaranteed win with the minimum being $500 on a $300 bet. WOOHOO, I don't gamble much (other than weekly lottery tickets) but I like dem odds.

Bet $100 that Vancouver wins the series 4 - 1 and win $1200 ... 13:1 odds

Bet $100 that Vancouver wins the series 4 - 2 and win $750 ... 8.5:1 odds

Bet $100 that Vancouver wins the series 4 - 3 and win $500 ... 6:1 odds

So the bookies are saying, well more a case of the punters are saying so with their bets, that Vancouver will NOT win the series. I would take the arbitrage bet and will. Should make a live appearance in Game 5 all that much more exciting should our beloved Canucks take both games in Edmonton - where the only good thing to come out of that city was my exhaust on the way out every time I have the misfortune of being there. 

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

I'm open to seeing Juulsen but I think it's best as a 7thD/12th forward. Get him going on the 4th line and lay heavy hits on the fore check. If our other 6 D are good to go I think they have to stay. There is no way Cole can cost us another goal, it has been a very weird 2 games for him.

Does anyone else really question the durability of McDavid and Draisaitl logging the minutes they are? 

They logged 27-28 minutes last game and close to that the game before. Miller was our highest TOI with 23. 

I am hoping in and believing that effectiveness and or injury is going to take effect with this type of ice time. 

Anyone know what their average TOI was for the Kings series?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Careless stick on McD clip

I'm not sure you have watched the replays enough times.

McDavid made sure to hit him in the face.

He looked back to confirm, and then skulked away.*

*Skulked away: another way of saying 'skated away with a somewhat satisfied look on his face that could not hide the anxiety he felt that he was going to go off for at least 2 minutes and maybe the game' etc.

He looked like a kid who just smacked his little sister and stole her cookie and mom was right there in front of him when he tried to get away.

Completely FN Intentional.  (And mom was a cheating, lying, crooked referee for not whacking his ass!)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Knoblauch is a knob.  I saw the interviews with Zadarov, Tocchet and him talking about the officiating last game.

Knob said something like - "every game, fans will complain about reffing" - sorry, don't insult our intelligence.

There are missed calls every game and that's expected - but the crap the Oilers got away with last game were not just "missed calls".  
Deliberate intent to injure / cheap shots.   That's bad sportsmanship.

Go Canucks GO!

It took that level of shit reffing for them to win, it won't happen again hopefully.

• Cheers 4

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Knoblauch is a knob.  I saw the interviews with Zadarov, Tocchet and him talking about the officiating last game.

Knob said something like - "every game, fans will complain about reffing" - sorry, don't insult our intelligence.

There are missed calls every game and that's expected - but the crap the Oilers got away with last game were not just "missed calls".  
Deliberate intent to injure / cheap shots.   That's bad sportsmanship.

Go Canucks GO!

I'm usually not one to complain about the officiating, but even I thought it was poor last game. The McDavid high stick was blatant. If that's called, I think we win the game.

Per aspera ad astra... GCG!

e: The Canucks are 0-8 in playoff games where Sutherland refs.

Edited by 112
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

I was creeping oilers pages on reddit.

They are having massive 1000 plus comment threads on playing either the avs or stars.

Implying that once our "puck luck" dries up this series is a cake walk.

And apparently we are worse than leaf fans lol.

I love it. We gotta take both in Edmonton. Just put a stranglehold on this series. We shut down mcdrai and they have nothing.

"We want Florida"

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 112 said:

e: The Canucks are 0-8 in playoff games where Sutherland refs.

Here is where you have to hope old man Rutherford can have a chat with Gary, there's clearly a problem here with this one prick.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Swizzey said:

Does anyone else really question the durability of McDavid and Draisaitl logging the minutes they are? 

They logged 27-28 minutes last game and close to that the game before. Miller was our highest TOI with 23. 

I am hoping in and believing that effectiveness and or injury is going to take effect with this type of ice time. 

Anyone know what their average TOI was for the Kings series?

McDavid and Draisaitl have been full speed ahead since Christmas, clawing their way back into a playoff spot and almost took 1st in the Pacific. 

The only way to beat them is to play very physical and frustrate. A couple of really solid hits to Drai and who knows, maybe the back acts up again. Canucks got to keep hitting and hitting. 

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Here is where you have to hope old man Rutherford can have a chat with Gary, there's clearly a problem here with this one prick.

Gary don't care!

Edited by Moeknows
  • ThereItIs 3

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

McDavid and Draisaitl have been full speed ahead since Christmas, clawing their way back into a playoff spot and almost took 1st in the Pacific. 

The only way to beat them is to play very physical and frustrate. A couple of really solid hits to Drai and who knows, maybe the back acts up again. Canucks got to keep hitting and hitting. 

Thing is, they both constantly bitch and whine at the refs. Every break what isn't shown on TV is them approaching them for entire conferences. Constantly. It's ridiculous and there honestly shouldn't be provision for players to do that throughout the game. If it's after a call or play that is whistled down, sure. But not to buddy up and plead an entire case.

Hit them, be on them like glue and make them lose composure. McDavid's a priss and gets frustrated and will lash out.

This guy gets it:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Hoping that last game lit a fire under the Canucks. Stinkin' Oil comes into our building and cuts open our captain's face? 

I hope the Canucks big boys come out to play tonight and really punish those jerks. Time to get back to being physical, we can beat these punks.

I am still in shock after last game’s referring.

I am old enough to understand that that was a message from the league.

Now the big question is how our players take it?

Some might say- there is no way the big guys allow us to win, so why I should give it 120% and put my health on line?

But I believe the team response will be

fuck these scumbegs and lowlifes, let win it whatever it costs.

I believe in the character of this core.

GCG!

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

0-8 with Sutherland?  Apparently he's from Richmond.  Sometimes when a person wants to show that he doesn't have bias, they unconsciously show negative bias and it certainly looks that way without looking at specifics.  You'd think that if there is statistical bias that they wouldn't have him ref Vancouver games.  Wouldn't Vegas demand it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, they both constantly bitch and whine at the refs. Every break what isn't shown on TV is them approaching them for entire conferences. Constantly. It's ridiculous and there honestly shouldn't be provision for players to do that throughout the game. If it's after a call or play that is whistled down, sure. But not to buddy up and plead an entire case.

Hit them, be on them like glue and make them lose composure. McDavid's a priss and gets frustrated and will lash out.

This guy gets it:

Add Hyman to that list too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Mikheyev is quite useless, we can all agree. Sure he's fast, but so what. Fast going nowhere.

I have an idea how he can finally be useful. Two-handed slash across McFuck's face. Take the penalties and fines, suspensions etc. So what, move on to the 3rd round.

Edit - of course I'm joking 😜 but it would take that a-hole out

This is close to something I have been asking for for years.

That is, to have available to call up, speedy mean wingers, not centers or defencemen, but expendable meathooks that can do the necessary.

A couple of wingers like this on Petey's line and see how much room he gets out there and how the goals and apples stack up.

Plus, the douchebags will not be so eager to step out of line.

Deserving Douchebags List:   (please add your personal faves)

• McFucking Cheap Shot Whiner-and Diver
  • Diving Diva Dry-Nut-Sacker
  • Krooked Kane
  • Dunce Darnell

When their top players get gooned like they are trying to do to ours, the ice chips will settle like dust in a high-noon shoot-out.

Canucks New Hire:  Shootout Coach:

73wS.gif