[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

6 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

0-8 with Sutherland?  Apparently he's from Richmond.  Sometimes when a person wants to show that he doesn't have bias, they unconsciously show negative bias and it certainly looks that way without looking at specifics.  You'd think that if there is statistical bias that they wouldn't have him ref Vancouver games.  Wouldn't Vegas demand it? 

The other Richmond ref is also not in our favour....Trevor Hanson. I know his Dad and you nailed it in my opinion. (Don't think JT likes him much...in his mic'd up you hear him going at him).

Trying to maybe show they're fair by being unfair. Giving the "other" team the advantage for their own credibility, which kind of backfires.

I really want to know how Sutherland justifies his decisions. We deserve to know.

I've actually stopped watching other games now....was totally into it but the NHL just pisses me off. So no. Sunny days, I have better things to do. My team only. I've lost any faith in this league affording teams a level playing field. We have an uphill battle here with McWhiney and Crysaitl getting pacified.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Redhdlois said:

Add Hyman to that list too. 

Nurse always just skates to the bench before he has to answer for his antics. Some say it's smart but it's actually cowardly. Hit and run.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

And the NHL loves using Quinn in their promos. Like take care of the kid for chrissake. 

He rarely complains and just sucks it up but the squeaky wheels are the oil. Getting all the attention in a good way. Don't bleed on McDavid or you're getting tossed. I'd love to know what he said to Quinn after that. Idiot. He looks like your typical wanna be cop power monger.

Is Sutherland senile? He was right there when Petey was sent head first into the boards too.

Maybe that's an angle, you could be onto something. If the NHL Players Association says players participation for promotional purposes will cease until the NHL brings some greater level of accountability and transparency to the performance of on-ice officials. The CBA is due for an overhaul in a couple of years so perhaps now is an opportune time. It is reasonable to expect there are a motivated cadre of fans in each NHL city that could possibly get behind an influence campaign to support the NHLPA and nudge the league to be more open and responsible 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The other Richmond ref is also not in our favour....Trevor Hanson. I know his Dad and you nailed it in my opinion. (Don't think JT likes him much...in his mic'd up you hear him going at him).

Trying to maybe show they're fair by being unfair. Giving the "other" team the advantage for their own credibility, which kind of backfires.

I really want to know how Sutherland justifies his decisions. We deserve to know.

I've actually stopped watching other games now....was totally into it but the NHL just pisses me off. So no. Sunny days, I have better things to do. My team only. I've lost any faith in this league affording teams a level playing field. We have an uphill battle here with McWhiney and Crysaitl getting pacified.

The thing is, Knoblauch complained publicly about the reffing.  Does that negate anything from the Canucks camp?  Rutherford could quietly discuss this with the league, I think it's more his style.  It's true that things were let go both ways.  The Oilers want more power plays.  But drawing blood usually doesn't get ignored.  It was a very bad missed call and is not a product of putting the whistles away.  Some things must be called.  The optics are bad.  Nothing gets people's attention like blood.

Edited by Crabcakes

1 hour ago, Poler said:

Any word on who is referee for this game?

They should post that as far in advance as possible. They must know early enough because the stripes will already be there or on their way. That way people can take the officiating into consideration before  either buying a ticket, or if they have tickets they can hopefully unload them to some one who is all right with corrupt or incompetent officiating. Because creeps like sutherland can ruin what should be a( expensive)  fun experience.

441573415_10160904445980549_709506772482

Flew my imaginary drone over beautiful Edmonton and I think I may have spotted the VD Farm where their fans (as pictured) are hell bent on keeping us lowly Vancouver people out! Damn, there goes the summer vacation plan.

6 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

The thing is, Knoblauch complained publicly about the reffing.  Does that negate anything from the Canucks camp?  Rutherford could quietly discuss this with the league, I think it's more his style.  It's true that things were let go both ways.  The Oilers want more power plays.  But drawing blood usually doesn't get ignored.  It was a very bad missed call and is not a product of putting the whistles away.  Some things must be called.  The optics are bad.  Nothing gets people's attention like blood.

I'm wondering if the league has talked to Sutherland about how he handled that Hughes situation, in addition to the other blatant non-calls. Or, did they just turn a blind eye because the infraction was from McDavid and the Oilers? 

Just now, Nucker67 said:

I'm wondering if the league has talked to Sutherland about how he handled that Hughes situation, in addition to the other blatant non-calls. Or, did they just turn a blind eye because the infraction was from McDavid and the Oilers? 

Connor's Mom may have sent an email and a box of cookies. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

And the NHL loves using Quinn in their promos. Like take care of the kid for chrissake. 

He rarely complains and just sucks it up but the squeaky wheels are the oil. Getting all the attention in a good way. Don't bleed on McDavid or you're getting tossed. I'd love to know what he said to Quinn after that. Idiot. He looks like your typical wanna be cop power monger.

Is Sutherland senile? He was right there when Petey was sent head first into the boards too.

This angers me to no end. Quinn never dives or turtles or complains, yet players keep getting away with cheap shots on him. Imagine what would happen if he and Petey behaved the way McDiver does? Where are the embellishment calls? 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Wouldn't skate with it and were happy to give up possession by flipping the puck out.

Keep the puck.

Eat it if you have to.

Shoot it at their heads if you have to dump it.

Never give up the puck.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I have been at this point for some years already. I can't support this league. I do support my team and will continue  to do that. Once they are out so am I. It's given me alot more free time the last few years. I'm hoping for less free time this year and the coming years. 

• Like 2

Short flight so not really a travel day. Nothing to do in Edmonton so no chance of the guys being hung over. No crappy Calgary wind shear to make it a scary flight.

We got this.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Demko is coming back

Can you confirm?

Also, DeSmith is probably healthy again and She Loves You deserves a respite after giving outstanding service (especially for a young, '3rd string'(?) tendie.

A healthy Demko could catapult us into the next round..

giphy.gif

Just imagine the Canucks playing a full 60 mins. We haven't seen anything close to that yet.

Here is hoping tonight is the night and the city of chumps will be in tears.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Who sits if RT pulls a forward out? I doubt it is Hogs. He checks to many boxes. For me it is Mik. Sit Mik out and put Karlsson in. He was leading the Baby Canucks during the Calder. He has a solid physical game and will go to the net. He doesn't have Mik's foot speed but does have a good defensive game. Whether you sit Cole for Juulson is more of a question mark. Juulson is capable IMHO but this is playoffs and Cole has the experience. Foote and Tocchet will be huddled on these decisions. 

I wouldn't mind a look at Podz.  Up and coming power forward with excellent skills. 

Hard worker (pillar 1).  Team player (pillar 2) I forget pillar 3 right now lol. 

Edit: oh yeah, structure.  Abby fans can maybe confirm Podkolzin's AHL development of good NHL structure.

Edited by Goal_thecup

46 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yes, absolutely, you’ve nailed it.

No accountability in NHL for refs.

In my line of work, the decisions I and my department are making affecting maybe a few thousand people, may be ten thousand 

And yet we have CRA, IRS, auditors all over us.

In NHL decisions made by referee directly affecting millions

In NBA referees have to present a written report on decisions for the last 2 min of the game.

In NHL you can’t even ask a question .

Brutal.

• Thanks 1

Thinking Drai is still feeling his ailment, take it to him first. Make mcpuke a target after.

Then we can irritate the hell out of nurse. Heads need to role for coilers.