[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

55 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

How did you get viewing party tickets for round 2? I couldn't find a link on the Canucks site. Update: they do mention a viewing party in Abbotsford.

I'm subscribed to the canucks mailing list. They've been sending out emails with links to ticketmaster when they announce the viewing party! I missed out on Game 4 and they're already sold out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Yup

Ppl are naive. If this can happen in the NBA, what's stopping them in the NHL? Especially when referees are more shrouded in secrecy and can avoid scrutiny because of the lack of accountability and transparency that the NHL structure allows? 

The NBA has had an FBI investigation that led to a ref going to jail for match fixing 

https://www.complex.com/sports/a/brad-callas/tim-donaghy-kobe-bryant-foul

Also happens in soccer. 

The NHL has been safe only because the FBI doesn't give a crap about hockey. 

I'm not going as far to say there's match fixing in the NHL. 

Im just saying, refs are capable of some horrible stuff even at the highest level of a sport. 

To think there is no bias or an agenda for game management is beyond being naive. It's just plugging your ears and denying... 

There's definitely something wrong with a business that has rules that say coaches and players can be fined/disciplined for speaking out. But refs don't have to speak at all.

It's archaic. There's a do what I say not what I do feeling here.

Any progressive respectable business allows for transparency and open communication.

Sweeping things under the rug and stuffing them into closets is very old gentleman's (the word was used loosely) club.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I really hope tocchet have changed his mentality on the game plan for this game. The best way to win is attack Edmonton and not sit back and wait for a mistake and counter. Can’t just let Edmonton continue to push and we wait for our chance. The more we defend the higher probability we get a penalty. This ain’t the Nashville where we can say we ain’t scare of their offence. LA defensive turtled how well did that work for them teams that beaten Edmonton in the playoff. None of them are playing a defensive style or hockey LA or Vancouver is trying to play

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Long, long ago I asked a cute girl at the local pet store to show me a couple of Great Tits, we ended up dating.

So, are you still stuck on first base?  Or has she dumped your Dumb Ass?

15 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I really hope tocchet have changed his mentality on the game plan for this game. The best way to win is attack Edmonton and not sit back and wait for a mistake and counter. Can’t just let Edmonton continue to push and we wait for our chance. The more we defend the higher probability we get a penalty. This ain’t the Nashville where we can say we ain’t scare of their offence. LA defensive turtled how well did that work for them teams that beaten Edmonton in the playoff. None of them are playing a defensive style or hockey LA or Vancouver is trying to play

When has Tocc ever advocated that we “sit back and wait”?

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Ok. - time to jump in to defend my boy .......

Let's get this out of the way:  LK is not a 4th line banger/crasher/energy guy

1. He's a goal scorer - he broke Petey's rookie record in the Swedish top league

2. He is Abby's leading point producer at a point per game. And leading PP with 7 goals out of his 23 scored 

3. He is not "soft" - was second in PIMs last season, but this season cut back on taking retaliatory penalties, but drew 12 more than he took

4. He thrives in the dirty areas - in his brief audition Tocchet commented he was one of our best board players, and his "office" is in the goalie's face

5. Is a big body (still listed at 6'1" and 178, but in a late season interview said he was 6'2" and 190)

In short, he could be to Petey what Boeser is to JT.

(Ofc I am biased - I've liked him ever since we acquired him 5 years ago  ...  but my judgement is faulty too - I liked Dahlen)

I agree with you. Let’s be optimistic. Also, not just 23 goals with Abby, he had 37 assists. 60 points in 60 games in the AHL is not shabby. Plus he is supposed to be responsible defensively.

GCG!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Thinking, with Karlsson in, I'm a bit nervous about that, but he does produce in the AHL and the Oilers know little about him. Maybe he could get himself open occasionally, as I doubt the Oilers will spend much time worrying about him. Linus the Ninja. You don't see him and then BAM!!!  Goal. 🥳

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Ok. - time to jump in to defend my boy .......

Let's get this out of the way:  LK is not a 4th line banger/crasher/energy guy

1. He's a goal scorer - he broke Petey's rookie record in the Swedish top league

2. He is Abby's leading point producer at a point per game. And leading PP with 7 goals out of his 23 scored 

3. He is not "soft" - was second in PIMs last season, but this season cut back on taking retaliatory penalties, but drew 12 more than he took

4. He thrives in the dirty areas - in his brief audition Tocchet commented he was one of our best board players, and his "office" is in the goalie's face

5. Is a big body (still listed at 6'1" and 178, but in a late season interview said he was 6'2" and 190)

In short, he could be to Petey what Boeser is to JT.

(Ofc I am biased - I've liked him ever since we acquired him 5 years ago  ...  but my judgement is faulty too - I liked Dahlen)

Great points on Karlsson!

I think to add to your list.

He’s a right handed shot which they may want to give Petey a right handed option to dish plays to.

He definitely deserves to have a try in the top 6. Just like Bains did with Miller this year.

Karlsson when he was called up never got a sniff of time in the top 6. So this experiment could pay off.

Coach Toc loved him while he was up. Called him “sticky” along the boards…we can use some sticky as Peteys line has lost out on lots of board battles and are routinely getting out muscled. Karlsson could be a key piece to get Petey some more possession time in the offensive zone.

I think all other lines have been good 5 v 5. But Peteys line needs a mix up. And this could be a sneaky good move. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

There's definitely something wrong with a business that has rules that say coaches and players can be fined/disciplined for speaking out. But refs don't have to speak at all.

It's archaic. There's a do what I say not what I do feeling here.

Any progressive respectable business allows for transparency and open communication.

Sweeping things under the rug and stuffing them into closets is very old gentleman's (the word was used loosely) club.

I think the concern the refs explaining themselves would actually be the refs dending themselves. It would become an endless courtroom-like drama that would inflame every fan base and overshadow the sport. 

I look no further than Tocchet for the right attitude. I thouht the players would follow his lead so was surprised when Zadorov "fell." 

Bench him! 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I think Draisaitl is playing hurt and it's only a matter of one big hit to possibly put him out, or at least slow him down. I believe the Oilers are playing him with McDavid, so he can hide in spots while the Canucks focus on Connie. I am so hoping the Canucks crash bodies in this game, I want to see violent, massive hits on any Oiler.

It’s pretty obvious and it’s insane to me the nucks didn’t target him last game. There was only one noticeable hit on him all game by Joshua. Petey and Hughes constantly get targeted and instead of doing the same to others the nucks just sit back and play scared. I stopped watching last game. 

Edited by NucksNation
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rush said:

Surprised to see it being Linus. the right shot factor might be a thing tho. the few moments petey had on the ice with garland during line changes.. they instantly clicked. 

Coupla Momessos is what the young gun wants

Coupla Bertuzzies is what the young gun needs

25 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

When has Tocc ever advocated that we “sit back and wait”?

He doesn’t but that’s definitely the style we have played so far in the playoff short of game 1 of round 2

One of our members/mods? has connections to the intelligence community and can maybe confirm this.  I heard through the grapevine that leon rides sidesaddle and mcwhiner pees sitting down.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

So, are you still stuck on first base?  Or has she dumped your Dumb Ass?

I moved on long long ago. Had lots of girls chasing me back then, they thought I looked like Tony Tanti. Ah, the good ol’ days.