[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

8 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Tocc has taken us from a bottom 5 team to a top 5 team with perhaps the best coaching staff we’ve ever had. His nomination as best coach in the NHL supports that. You know the phrase ‘you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink’?  I don’t blame Tocc for that shitty 3rd period last game. The Canucks have little playoff experience and some folks appear to be too respectful of McJesus. Also, handling McJesus and Drysaddle on different lines is one thing, but handling them together is a very challenging task for any team in the NHL. Do we need to make adjustments? Of course; and Tocc has described them explicitly. Can  we take better advantage of their weaker lines? Yes we can. If this series goes South, I won’t be blaming Tocc.

After game two, I was watching (sorry @-dlc-) an Oilers podcast where a guest (the guy who's on the panel with Kevin and Friedman) said that each GameDay the refs meet with the coaches to explain their "rules of engagement" and he was pretty certain Tocchet would have been told that any crosscheck to Draisaitl's back would result in an attempt to Iinjure penalty.

If true, it would explain why he went untouched all game

10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

image.gif.8e11ea536d065652be77f6e4023c4218.gif

To all the ‘Mum’ Members here, and on behalf of all Members to their Mum’s. 

You are all the best and the best of us and without you or them, we’d be pieces of shit. 

If you don’t have a Mom, @-dlc- is willing to adopt you. 

Go Canuck Moms Go!!!!

wouldn't be any mothers without us motherf....nevermind.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Darius said:

The non stop oiler circle jerk has started on sportsnet, time to flip the channel and check the beer situation.

I’m watching Boston lose, much better.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Darius said:

The non stop oiler circle jerk has started on sportsnet, time to flip the channel and check the beer situation.

It's embarrassing. If it's not the Leafs, it's the Oilers they are fawning over. 

• Cheers 1

Man, this pre game show is kinda painful to watch. Alot of it is just pumping the Oilers tires....... hopefully their tires blow out!!!! Cmon guys!!!!! Let's go!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

image.gif.8e11ea536d065652be77f6e4023c4218.gif

If you don’t have a Mom, @-dlc- is willing to adopt you. 

Go Canuck Moms Go!!!!

When I met Petey I told him I'd be his Vancouver Mom if he ever needs me.

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Rekker said:

It's embarrassing. If it's not the Leafs, it's the Oilers they are fawning over. 

Overhyped scorers, bad d, shaky goaltender - oilers are leafs west

Cue scooby doo meme

• ThereItIs 1

I LOVE 650.

They've been shredding Spectacle for the past hour or so. Glorious. Nailed it completely and are having so much fun with the whole "surrender" BS.

This is Tocchet's series to win or lose.

I still think the Canucks on balance have the better team.

But coaching adjustments need to be made to deal with McDavid and Draisaitl...

Can't have this collapse to the net, passive style of defending.

And critically, the team needs to attack and keep the play in the Oilers end.

Oilers are a cr*p defensive team if you pressure them... but if you let them have the puck and let them dance around in your end, you lose.

Need to clog up the neutral zone, hit Draisaitl relentlessly, and stay on McDavid's body... don't watch the puck.

• Like 2