[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

I've also never seen a team need to spam the shit out of their two best players to get a game to overtime against our third string goalie because they know that's all they have. 

Well we need to answer that or this will be a bloodbath in Edmonton. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Karlsson

The Becel Line

(soft like butta)

Karlsson looked absolutely lost when he was up here. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

As a hockey team, that should all be erased from your mind in the 3rd and in overtime. Skinner was extremely shaky, we needed to hold the puck. 

do you guys think they worked on getting better calls in practice or how to take the puck away from their top line? 

Yet you went back 30 years to make a point.

So erase what we've done. Erase the horrible officiating.

Just focus on that one period where, yes, they dominated and we scored on our own net to give them the win?

Probably won't but you go right ahead. 

Do the Oilers focus on how to whack guys in the face and groin with their sticks? Probably. 

You're setting up for a blood bath but Quinn already bled for his team, kept calm and carried on. The Oilers have yet to do be "hit" with our best. We'll see how they handle it if they take a few good head slams into the boards, groin whacks and sticks in the face. Probably not well.

Won't be responding, I get the gist here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Karlsson

The Becel Line

(soft like butta)

karlsson is greasy and likes to grind. 

• Upvote 2

This morning i woke up feeling god awful (allergies or cold) and I reached for one of my other old faithfuls, a can of soup, to try and make my throat less sore.

When traveling the remnants of what was twitter I stumbled upon Mikheyev's profile. And what did I find? He is souperman65. He was in fact a brand ambassador for soup.

This of course means that tonight he will score a goal for the Canucks.

image.jpeg.e85ba13046cd82bad961aa1cef510f11.jpeg

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Well we need to answer that or this will be a bloodbath in Edmonton. 

Have they ever created a bloodbath against us?

They won one game, in OT, against us...this entire year. They barely match up. 1.5 trick ponies. 

But if we do 'answer that', there will be a real bloodbath alright. It could be worse than what we usually do to them... 

Their rivers would run red. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

This morning i woke up feeling god awful (allergies or cold) and I reached for one of my other old faithfuls, a can of soup, to try and make my throat less sore.

When traveling the remnants of what was twitter I stumbled upon Mikheyev's profile. And what did I find? He is souperman65. He was in fact a brand ambassador for soup.

It does mean that. 😉

Feel better. 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Karlsson looked absolutely lost when he was up here. 

If they're going to put in a rookie prospect, why not use Bains. At least he looks like he'll do what he has to (go to the net). I just see Karlsson skating around the ice, hardly doing much at all.  And he certainly won't be a physical factor.  

Edited by Nucker67

Surprised no Raty, if not Podz I think Raty would be a good option. He has a good shot, has played LW this season and apparently excelled there. But I guess Aman has played games with the team at points this year. Karlsson and Aman in also sorta speaks to the coaching staff maybe being worried about faceoffs? Two centers in, two wingers out.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

It is very bad to take Jo-Bu's rum.

VERY.

BAD.

(Sorry it's been a while seen I've seen the movie)

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Yet you went back 30 years to make a point.

So erase what we've done. Erase the horrible officiating.

Just focus on that one period where we scored for the Oilers and they got the win?

Probably won't but you go right ahead. 

Do the Oilers focus on how to whack guys and groin with their sticks? Probably.

Won't be responding, I get the gist here.

The majority of people who watch sports make fun of fans who cry about officiating. That’s just the way it is. The more we cry, the more everyone outside the market hate us and the less we get “respect” which then comes full circle into the “why do we get no respect narrative”

Game 1,  think it was Suter? Blatantly gloved the puck and threw it out of the zone. 100% would’ve changed the outcome of that game. I didn’t hear near the crying about that on the other side. If you’re going to complain about officiating, complain about it on both sides. Otherwise worry about what your team has control over. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, LunarPoetry said:

100% He is a master weasel - he knows how to provoke and earn his paycheque through cheap clicks and responses. Imac is so much classier. Spectre is a good representative of the Oilers players and fans. Man I despise them all

It doesn't bother me, my capacity to despise Alberta has been topped a long time ago 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Surprised no Raty, if not Podz I think Raty would be a good option. He has a good shot, has played LW this season and apparently excelled there. But I guess Aman has played games with the team at points this year. Karlsson and Aman in also sorta speaks to the coaching staff maybe being worried about faceoffs? Two centers in, two wingers out.

Karlsson's ppg in the AHL which Podkolzin and Raty is not and Karlsson has scored more goals than both. At this point for Podkolzin, there must be a reason most coaches (a few Canucks coaches) dont like to play him going all the way back to his KHL days. I dont watch his game enough to comment, may be he is prone to mistakes? 

Just now, LaBamba said:

The majority of people who watch sports make fun of fans who cry about officiating. That’s just the way it is. The more we cry, the more everyone outside the market hate us and the less we get “respect” which then comes full circle into the “why do we get no respect narrative”

Game 1,  think it was Suter? Blatantly gloved the puck and threw it out of the zone. 100% would’ve changed the outcome of that game. I didn’t hear near the crying about that on the other side. If you’re going to complain about officiating, complain about it on both sides. Otherwise worry about what your team has control over. 

Don't compare a missed hand pass to a slew foot or stick cut, it makes you look like an Alberta apologist.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Just because I’m looking at the way we played the game rather than blaming the loss on referees makes me an Edmonton fan? Come on man, if it was a blowout due to 8 Edmonton PP’s then ok, it’s reffing. But when the game was tied and in overtime it’s time for your home team to kick into gear and win that game. We got absolutely molested 

The referring was the  reason why the game was tied .

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

If they're going to out in a rookie prospect, why not use Bains. At least he looks like he'll do what he has to (go to the net). I just see Karlsson skating around the ice, hardly doing much at all.  And he certainly won't be a physical factor.  

Unless he's injured, I find that sitting Hoglander an extremely silly move. 

Bains is not an NHL capable NHL player yet and Podkolzin hasn't magically became a star NHL player. He's doing OK in Abbotsford'

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I know you all don’t see it within our bubble here but reffing aside we had a chance to win the game and we didn’t touch the puck in the 3rd period. At that point it’s 0-0. The hypothetical scenarios of the goals we might have scored on power plays are irrelevant. 

You could say the same thing about the oilers in game 1...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1