[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Sid used to do this too, but someone must have talked him out of it. 

It’s no coincidence he won Cups after he stopped doing it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

It wasn’t the hit, it was shoving him down after. Should have called nothing though, but offset minors is fair enough.

Well, half the oiler bench was grabbing/punching at Zad

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Only some fans, which isn't significant.  The team management were very specific about acquiring Lindy.

They knew what he could add to the team.

Hats off to Silov.  Kid's doing great...the Nucks backup next season.

I don't mean amongst fans. I meant in "media circles." They just alluded to it on the U.S. TNT broadcast.

Just now, Slegr said:

I’d be okay with 8 years. We saw Chara go a long time, and Big Z would be great long term.

Take some of Hroneks money and give it to him at this point. I think they need to make a deal for another right handed dman. Hronek was ok but I think he’s been a disappointment overall this year. I definitely thought he would get more goals from his shot which hasn’t happened at all.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, AmyTheGma said:

You can tell Juice takes a shot whenever he gets the chance too.  I don’t get all the hate, I like that he isn’t a total homer.  He seems objective to me, but maybe tries a bit to not seem like a Homer.

When juice explains a call that goes against us he's usually right.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Pure961089 said:

The problem with the Oilers is they can't play McDavid and Drais 60 mins a game.  

I mean they can. Nothing stopping them in the rules. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Got a summary? Spector is the biggest homer in sports 'journalism'. 

Batch said it was slightly ironic that it was the oilers and their fans who would be bitching about refs after spector told the canucks not to. 

Let's do this thing nucks

come on souperman, i want it

Edited by OldFaithfulcap

One thing I will say is that barring a catastrophic 3rd by the refs, nobody can blame the refs for anything this game.  The Canucks need to close this out.  It has been a nice one for the Canucks in terms of calls.

2 minutes ago, Cocanuck said:

I think even the nhl saw the calls and missed calls in last game.  At least this game seems more even officiating wise

Definately. Something was said by someone to someone. Games 2 and 3 are worlds apart. 

3 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

McDavid being a whiney little bitch. What else is new? Oh, let's see, the sky is blue, water is wet, and I'm STILL telling him to SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!

Gretzky was the same early in his career. I guess it comes from being the best in every league he's played in so no one has called them on it?

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

Well, half the oiler bench was grabbing/punching at Zad

Yeah, I think no calls or 2 calls was fair. Neither team should have had a PP.

• Like 1