[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

1 minute ago, The Brock Star said:

Linus Karlsson was one of Abbotsford's better players down the stretch. Hopefully he can build off that here for game 3.

Not mentioned in the black aces call ups.

I'm sure Colliton and Johnson are now with canucks extended coaching and management staff.

So you make a good point.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Karlsson's ppg in the AHL which Podkolzin and Raty is not and Karlsson has scored more goals than both. At this point for Podkolzin, there must be a reason most coaches (a few Canucks coaches) dont like to play him going all the way back to his KHL days. I dont watch his game enough to comment, may be he is prone to mistakes? 

I don't put much stock in KHL usage. They do that to player's they expect to sign in the NHL. But yeah, it's a bit weird how underused he feels. I don't see a lot of mistake hockey from him. But I think his offensive upside is a bit weird. He reminds me of Gaunce to an extent. Like, his on ice play isn't bad, but he's not getting used.

7 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

The majority of people who watch sports make fun of fans who cry about officiating. That’s just the way it is. The more we cry, the more everyone outside the market hate us and the less we get “respect” which then comes full circle into the “why do we get no respect narrative”

Game 1,  think it was Suter? Blatantly gloved the puck and threw it out of the zone. 100% would’ve changed the outcome of that game. I didn’t hear near the crying about that on the other side. If you’re going to complain about officiating, complain about it on both sides. Otherwise worry about what your team has control over. 

Missed call happen, it’s part of the game, what bothers me was the high stick on Hughes, the refs had the tools to get the call right, they could have huddled, assessed a major and reviewed the play. They chose not to do this, at this point it’s no longer a missed call, it’s an intentionally non call. The other concern I have is our playoff record with Sutherland coaching, coincidence?

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Updated lines in first post for nucks, oilers are still a bunch of whiny babies

Oilers game day lineup just released:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952q25p9j4x20g677o44af

Coincidentally includes the refs as well.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

The majority of people who watch sports make fun of fans who cry about officiating. That’s just the way it is. The more we cry, the more everyone outside the market hate us and the less we get “respect” which then comes full circle into the “why do we get no respect narrative”

Game 1,  think it was Suter? Blatantly gloved the puck and threw it out of the zone. 100% would’ve changed the outcome of that game. I didn’t hear near the crying about that on the other side. If you’re going to complain about officiating, complain about it on both sides. Otherwise worry about what your team has control over. 

Can I see the survey you conducted?

Also...not crying. Discussing. I watch a LOT of sports and know there's a LOT of discussion taking place about officiating so I don't buy that it's isolated to us. It's just silly to pretend otherwise.

I don't go to the other side so.... Nor do I care what they say/think/eat/feel/slather themselves in.

As a fan of my team, I don't care if I'm not respected by Oiler fans. Image isn't everything to me....but my family and my team are.

• MillerTime 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There's even Great Tits.

Not just reporters, but.....

Birds_of_Sweden_2016_37.jpg

Long, long ago I asked a cute girl at the local pet store to show me a couple of Great Tits, we ended up dating.

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Lol wth is karlsson gunna do, been invisible.

at least podz forechecks and makes the odd nice pass

Karlsson has just come off 6 playoff games in Abby. He's also had a very good season in the minors.

He might have some jump to his game.

Podz would be a good choice as well, as he has played a lot of games with the team and is

very familiar with the systems and what the coaches want from him.

• Cheers 1

I’m just not sure what Karlsson brings to the game that Hoglander doesn’t? Coach has some weird complex with Hoggy and Karlsson is not the answer. Why not put POD in at least he will forecheck and hit and has played in the playoffs.

The storyline after this game will be Rick’s questionable lineup decisions, please feel free to quote me.

Going to the game tonight and don’t have a great feeling.. anyways I’ll be cheering the team on, Go Canucks Go!

Kinda comedic that on a team with Boeser Miller Lindholm Garland Joshua and to some degree Hoglander(creates well on his own but not with others) Pettersson can’t get better linemates…

If Tocchet is putting in Karlsson for offense, then that's a big mistake IMO. Getting into a track meet with the Oilers is certain elimination. This series is now a war, it should be physical and very demanding. WTF is Karlsson going to contribute?  They should be putting in Juulsen for his massive hits and Podkolzin for his fierce forechcking and hitting.