[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

The addition of Karlsson with Petey is underrated, potential to pay off.

Aman is extremely reliable and responsible but as a Grocery Supervisor / Veterinary assistant & manager / 25 year seasoned career as a Janitor I would thought to have Podkolzin in the lineup over Aman.

Go Canucks Go!

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

Sounds like Karlsson is about to do some NHL playoff learnin' on the fly.  Too bad, Hoglander scored 24 goals this year.  Good luck with your experiment, coach.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

The addition of Karlsson with Petey is underrated, potential to pay off.

Aman is extremely reliable and responsible but as a Grocery Supervisor / Veterinary assistant & manager / 25 year seasoned career as a Janitor I would thought to have Podkolzin in the lineup over Aman.

Go Canucks Go!

I don't get it. What advantage does Aman have over Podkolzin?

Is Draisaitl's back playing? Or was that just an excuse he was lining up forthe pressers?

If it is, a good ol' Dan Hamhuis hip check is in order.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 1

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Just because I’m looking at the way we played the game rather than blaming the loss on referees makes me an Edmonton fan? Come on man, if it was a blowout due to 8 Edmonton PP’s then ok, it’s reffing. But when the game was tied and in overtime it’s time for your home team to kick into gear and win that game. We got absolutely molested 

Horseshit!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

My priority is teaching these pricks some manners. I want to see a serious beat down on McDavid. He should be a marked man. Screw the stripes and screw Bettman. Time to deliver the message we won’t roll over. 

I think we just check his wingers closely so they cannot receive a pass from mchighsticker.

It might force him to go closer to the net to try to do it himself. Zad,Myers,or Soucy will be waiting for him.

5 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Horseshit!

Yet game 1 his team was up 4-1 and couldn't close it out.

Short memory I guess. One good period does not make a series.

People gloating like Edmonton's sealed the deal. Far from it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

Aman in? So who does petey play with? Plugs. Upgrade on top 6 is a must in the offseason.

I would go 

Petey Lindholm Milky 

Suter Miller Brock 

joshua Bluegger Garland 

PDG Aman Lafferty 

mans just limit Aman’s minutes and play Bluegger a bit more 

Karlsson - playoff rookie ? Really the answer ? Petey has stepped it up 

wingers were bringing him down including Ilya 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I’ve never seen a Canuck team at any point in any playoff game in the last 30 years get dominated in the 3rd with the game tied like we did on Friday and it scared me. 

Umm.  Vegas was way more lopsided.   That was 15 straight periods. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

McDavid and Draisaitl have been full speed ahead since Christmas, clawing their way back into a playoff spot and almost took 1st in the Pacific. 

The only way to beat them is to play very physical and frustrate. A couple of really solid hits to Drai and who knows, maybe the back acts up again. Canucks got to keep hitting and hitting. 

They have not been logging 28 minute games since Christmas… their average TOI this season has been around 23 minutes. 

Posted (edited)

Karlsson has 4 NHL games under his belt (0 points).

Sure, let's throw him into the fire against the best player in the world on hockey's largest stage. What could go wrong?

Edited by Nucker67
  • Haha 1
  • chaos 1

Time to deploy our secret weapon on the powerplay. Cole in front of the Oiler's net instead of ours. Kidding

Seriously Petey has success coming out from behind the net, and being ready for a tip or slap shot before the Oiler's defense can react to him. Movement and rotation is the key.

• Cheers 2
  • chaos 1

Posted (edited)

BIG GAME

HUGE GAME

BIGGEST GAME

MUST WIN

JUST WIN

LOTTO LINE

HOPE FAITH SUPPORT

STANDARD RULES APPLY

OILERS SUCK

REFS SUCK

REFS BLIND

PASTE MCD INTO BOARDS

SHUT DOWN

OILERS SUCK

KARLSSON

KARLSSON

KARLSSON

RAINBOWS UNICORNS

NO FEAR

NO CRYING

SUCK IT UP

RIGHT WRONG

WIN!!!!!

gioated-family-guy.gif

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

piss on their silly orange towels...

Their fiery-orange pom-poms will play well while Fort Mac burns down..

Myopic, "Mickey-Mouse" organization, still pining for a return of the Gretzky era.

Gretzky was surrounded by a team and a half of talent.

McBaby has a nutsack-whacking diver on his wing, a dunce-cap-wearing pylon named Nurse on D, and a skatterbrain goalie who thinks the Canucks caught momentum after the Canucks scored 4 unanswered goals on him to win 5-4.

If that is not Mickey & Minny Mis-Management, I better phone Walt Disney and see what other characters he's got cookin'.

1Pj.gif

Posted (edited)

Aman in? Aman is speedy and good defensively so I think with Oilers having last change this is in case fourth line gets stuck out there vs McHistick? Karlsson with EP? Why not. Hogs hasn't done squat and maybe point per game AHLer Karlsson has some chemistry with EP. Also, Karlsson is a righty, maybe this helps with the looks vs Hogs.

Edited by Rekker
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Is Draisaitl's back playing? Or was that just an excuse he was lining up forthe pressers?

If it is, a good ol' Dan Hamhuis hip check is in order.

I keep thinking I would love to see a good ole hip check on McCrybaby

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I don't get it. What advantage does Aman have over Podkolzin?

Totally agree. Podz should be in, he brings more to the table then Aman IMO, Tocs a great coach but some of his decisions are real headscratchers, hope I'm eating crow at games end....Cole better step it up this game!!!

4 hours ago, Silent Man said:

Yes, absolutely, you’ve nailed it.

No accountability in NHL for refs.

In my line of work, the decisions I and my department are making affecting maybe a few thousand people, may be ten thousand 

And yet we have CRA, IRS, auditors all over us.

In NHL decisions made by referee directly affecting millions

In NBA referees have to present a written report on decisions for the last 2 min of the game.

In NHL you can’t even ask a question .

Brutal.

Yup

Ppl are naive. If this can happen in the NBA, what's stopping them in the NHL? Especially when referees are more shrouded in secrecy and can avoid scrutiny because of the lack of accountability and transparency that the NHL structure allows? 

The NBA has had an FBI investigation that led to a ref going to jail for match fixing 

https://www.complex.com/sports/a/brad-callas/tim-donaghy-kobe-bryant-foul

Also happens in soccer. 

The NHL has been safe only because the FBI doesn't give a crap about hockey. 

I'm not going as far to say there's match fixing in the NHL. 

Im just saying, refs are capable of some horrible stuff even at the highest level of a sport. 

To think there is no bias or an agenda for game management is beyond being naive. It's just plugging your ears and denying... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1