[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

14 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Cole might bounce back and be good with his veteran experience. 

Cole is ok; bit of bad luck; and perhaps a tad long in the tooth; but I would love to see him stun Kane.

Ian Cole brings a lot to the table; the past is the past; the future is lots more Big Hits from Ian Cole.

Wilson's a big guy, but..

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

That's such horse shit. Juulsen's an upgrade on Cole. What is it like 3-4 goals now through 2 games directly involved mistakes by Cole? I think the experience card's all used up.

Juulsen is undisciplined. He took what 3 penalties in a single game against Nashville? And there was plenty of times he took 2 or more penalties in the regular season. 

You might be eager to give a Powerplay that’s clicking at 50% 2-3 extra penalties a game. But ANYone who knows ANYthing about hockey probably wouldn’t want to put themselves at this disadvantage. And I’d bet that Cole would be out tonight if they felt they had a better option. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Cole's won a couple of Cups, and the Canucks need his experience. He made some bad mistakes in this series, but he's competitive...

His time has come and gone. We are in place where mistakes cannot be acceptable.  Let's not enable this player. He's done  He won't be resigned here and I am shocked that he is in the line up tonight 

It's interesting to observe that Tocchet and the affected players remained neutral over the missed calls from the referee officials after the last game. That implies the sports betting industry is massive and precedes hockey as a true competitive sport. Anyhow, it's just entertainment and I will continue watching and supporting our 'nucks!

56 minutes ago, EverSince71 said:

Being of Scandinavian decent myself ( Norwegian ), thank you for correcting the bone head analogy or origin of the name ...seems like a racial slur by Satiar shah!

Denmark here, highly doubt the word surrender was even in there vocabulary, let alone a last name meaning. He's an idiot. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

You understand why they’re not playing Juulsen right??

Cole might bounce back and be good with his veteran experience. 

Juulsen will cost the Canucks 2 goals. 

In just 2 games, Cole cost us 4 goals, one of which was the OT winner against us. There is your veteran. No thanks

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I made my Sunday sacrifice and flagellation.

4 hrs of landscaping. Hands feel numb.

Go Nucks!

Same , now time for some pizza , a cold beverage and not to hear that douchie sounding goal horn.

go canucks go !

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Go Nucks!

Did you also operate a weed wacker? Because those are the worst despite the convenience!

1 minute ago, jason10009 said:

It's interesting to observe that Tocchet and the affected players remained neutral over the missed calls from the referee officials after the last game. That implies the sports betting industry is massive and precedes hockey as a true competitive sport. Anyhow, it's just entertainment and I will continue watching and supporting our 'nucks!

I heard they film the hockey games on the same set as they filmed the moon landing.

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Mikheyev has looked alright but not great, Hoglander the same. I'd take one of them out and play Karlsson or Hoglander. Aman will get destroyed defensively.

Juulsen can't come in for Cole, I get it if Myers is injured but surely not. Juulsen will cost us far more goals playing against McDavid than Cole has. He'll try and throw a big hit and will get feasted on defensively.

We're not far off to be honest, stick with the game plan but Petey's linemates have been absolute trash - he could use some help.

Another wild option if they want to load up their top line is to load up our defence:

Miller - Lindholm - Suter

Hoglander - Petey - Boeser

Garland - Blueger - Joshua

Mikheyev - Aman - Karlsson

Try and get that top defensive line out there against McDavid and hope our middle 2 lines can feast on their bottom 9 which is very likely.

???

1 minute ago, jason10009 said:

Did you also operate a weed wacker? Because those are the worst despite the convenience!

The wacker, the hedge hog, the lawn mower, the leaf blower.

The Dewalt family was out and about chez bishop all day. 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

The wacker, the hedge hog, the lawn mower, the leaf blower.

The Dewalt family was out and about chez bishop all day. 

Nice. I did yard work earlier this week and the dandelions came back with a yellow vengeance. Grrrr.....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Go Nucks!

I’d cuddle with my wife if I thought it would help but luckily I’m not superstitious.

• Haha 1

in case we haven't talked about refs for tonight, it'll be chris rooney, who the canucks have a 10-0-1 record with over the last 3 years, and graham skilliter, who seems to have a heavy home team bias (home team 60%+ win rate).

let's see which side wins. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EverSince71 said:

Being of Scandinavian decent myself ( Norwegian ), thank you for correcting the bone head analogy or origin of the name ...seems like a racial slur by Satiar shah!

He picked the Oilers to win the Cup at the beginning of the season.  He shouldn’t have a job on Vancouver radio.

• Cheers 1

Taking out Cole would be a big mistake

I would rather dress 7 d men if we want Juulsen in rather than scratching Cole. 

Edmonton is too fast for Juulsen. He might be ok if he plays like mid season Juulsen but after all this time sitting, I think he would get exposed. 

He sure didn't look good in the Nashville game except Edmonton is faster and more dangerous. 

Karlsson in over Hogz... Not sure except maybe they want a more defense minded player who's stronger along the boards out there? 

Maybe Peteys line will take a lot of the matchup against Mcdavid and free up Miller and Lindholm lines? 

1 hour ago, Googlie said:
Who makes up this crap?

Interesting they’re playing Karlsson, because his name means surrender in Swedish

Here's the real skinny ..... His name means "Son of Man"

The origin of the distinguished Karlsson family can be traced to the historic Scandinavian country of Sweden. The surname Karlsson is derived from the Germanic personal name Carl, which means man. This name was very popular in Sweden, where it was the name of several kings, including the current monarch, King Carl XVI Gustaf. The suffix -sson and its variants are translatable as son of.

Even better, Sat grew up in Sweden.  He's fluent in Swedish.  🙄