[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

7 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Its time for some Karmic justice

Kane, Mcdonkey youre both on notice for being marchand level dirty

corey perry, youre on notice for being the human embodiment of a buttplug

tick tock

Pairs nicely with that human shitstain Gary Buttman.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

there is actually so much riding on this

edmonton CANNOT win a stanley cup

like ever

mcdavid and draisaigl and nurse are AWFUL people. And corey perry? needs to finish out his career in the most embarassing and pathetic fashion possible.

this would be the most RIGHTEOUS and JUST outcome. 

good things must NOT be allowed to happen to the worst people (edmontons current crop of douchebuckets - both players and fans alike)

its up to the CANUCKS to prevent a truly awful thing from happening

this isnt about the canucks winning the cup

its about preventing EDMONTON from doing so. 

Edit: you are probably judging me for the above. Well, soon enough your hatred for the COILERs will surpass your love for our canucks. trust me. I just arrived there sooner.

you shall not pass the lord of the rings GIF

Don't worry about that. Even if we fall to them, Avs/Dal will take care of them handidly after we are done with them. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure about these lines but the coaching staff has gotten us this far.

We don’t need to matchup Miller against the McDavid line all night. We have Lindholm and Pettersson who are both good defensively as well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Shexy silovs sunday

IMG_5952.thumb.jpeg.090bc8f67ef71be3bec4a357889ae24c.jpeg

He only has 1 job. Get us a win in Edmonton and hopefully Demko will take care of the rest. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jason10009 said:

It's interesting to observe that Tocchet and the affected players remained neutral over the missed calls from the referee officials after the last game. That implies the sports betting industry is massive and precedes hockey as a true competitive sport. Anyhow, it's just entertainment and I will continue watching and supporting our 'nucks!

Or, they realize they got away with a number of infractions that weren't called either.  Maybe not as egrigous as the missed call on the Hughes play, but they've missed a number of potential calls against Vancouver too.

All things bring equal they probably don't want the series being called tighter.  Edmonton has had 4 powerplays in total in the series and has scored on 2 of them.  With how ineffective Vancouver's pp has been in the playoffs so far,   more powerplays for both teams is a bigger boon to Edmonton than it is Vancouver.  

Edited by qwijjibo

3 minutes ago, tas said:

big zed has to find a way to be a villain tonight. a hit, a goal, a fight, whatever. 

All of the above

3 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Or, they realize they got away with a number of infractions that weren't called either.  Maybe not as egrigous as the missed call on the Hughes play, but they've missed a number of potential talks against Vancouver too.

All things bring equal they probably don't want the series being called tighter.  Edmonton has had 4 powerplays in total in the series and has scored on 2 of them.  With how ineffective Vancouver's pp has been in the playoffs so far,   more powerplays for both teams is a bigger boon to Edmonton than it is Vancouver.  

Last game Canucks were 1-3 and Edm was 1-3. If McD gets sent off for. 4 minutes for the high stick and Kane gets a major for the slew foot, I don’t see a problem. 

• Like 2

Is that for sure that Hogz  is out and Karlsson is in?!?!?!??!? Hmmmm. Interesting. Also I see PDG's out and Aman's in. Interesting moves.

A different look for our playoff lineup which could prove advantageous. Unfamiliarity to the Oilers could make for a stand out performance of certain players for us. Cool. I await anxiously for the contest to begin.

Let's go!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PistolPete13 said:

Last game Canucks were 1-3 and Edm was 1-3. If McD gets sent off for. 4 minutes for the high stick and Kane gets a major for the slew foot, I don’t see a problem. 

What I'm saying is there have been a number of missed calls going both ways and calling the series tighter where both teams are getting more powerplays favours Edmonton. Thier pp is deadly. Vancouvers, not so much 

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

8 games into the playoff if the players are still playing the exact same style of hockey and the coach can't get thru to the players how he wants to play? then it's on the coach and his message is simply not getting across.

Tocc has taken us from a bottom 5 team to a top 5 team with perhaps the best coaching staff we’ve ever had. His nomination as best coach in the NHL supports that. You know the phrase ‘you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink’?  I don’t blame Tocc for that shitty 3rd period last game. The Canucks have little playoff experience and some folks appear to be too respectful of McJesus. Also, handling McJesus and Drysaddle on different lines is one thing, but handling them together is a very challenging task for any team in the NHL. Do we need to make adjustments? Of course; and Tocc has described them explicitly. Can  we take better advantage of their weaker lines? Yes we can. If this series goes South, I won’t be blaming Tocc.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Sativika said:

Is that for sure that Hogz  is out and Karlsson is in?!?!?!??!? Hmmmm. Interesting. Also I see PDG's out and Aman's in. Interesting moves.

We won't see Karlsson on the 1st powerplay, but he should strengthen the 2nd unit for their 11 secs time.

And Aman certainly adds to our pk corps - he is revered in Abby for his 2 shorties in the same penalty kill

2 hours ago, jesscode said:

Not only has he been not producing, he'd been invisible.

That's not true... He does his spinny thing in the corner then loses the puck. 😂