[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

one of the main reasons i hate that team, aside from their large cast of unlikeable characters and well known dirtbags, is the smug media and fans that surround them.  Spector writes the Canucks never stood a chance last night when they put together the only dangerous players they have on one line...so you had to play them for half the game , get a bunch of non calls in your favor, get the game to OT ...but they never stood a chance? lol

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Love this guy on and off the ice, and he can back it up with his performance. Hope they see him as more of a priority than Hronek to be honest. Gritty performer + character guy… we need more of them!

Go get em in Oil country!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Stay out of the penalty box and we’ve got this

Edmonton isn’t that good after their top two guys

We need to get some decent refs that can spot an obvious high sticking penalty - like what the fuck was that all about and Hughes was even cut…

We should’ve won that game what a joke…

Onward to Edmonton

Go Canucks Go!!!

best of five series starts Sunday

Vancouver Canucks GIF by Aman Brah

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

With the 5 on 5 play, I don't see why they would adjust a lot from last game. They need to stay calmer in their own end and trust their breakout system vs. dumping it out (which they did way too much in the 3rd period in Game 2). That might have been fatigue from chasing a lot during the game but that is just going to allow Edmonton to stay on the offense. Staying out of the box will continue to be huge - hopefully that is the last they see of Sutherland.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Darius said:

one of the main reasons i hate that team, aside from their large cast of unlikeable characters and well known dirtbags, is the smug media and fans that surround them.  Spector writes the Canucks never stood a chance last night when they put together the only dangerous players they have on one line...so you had to play them for half the game , get a bunch of non calls in your favor, get the game to OT ...but they never stood a chance? lol

That is why eve if we lose, I would live nothing else to see Dal/Avs pummel them in the wcf. They can't keep up being a 1 line them against them after going through us if they do get pass us. 

I for one would love to see McDavid and Drasitle never win a cup. At least not with Edmonton. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

It’s all good guys…..

I didn’t expect us to go up 2-0 in the series. This is a true Dog Fight. 

I am not trying to troll the Oilers….all they have is their PP. 

Game by Game.

I Love my Canucks, but this will be a 7 game series………..

Game 7, will be a flip of a coin…..50/50 chance.

Go Canucks!

I called a 4-2 series against the Predators.

Edited by The Aquaman
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Darius said:

He looks like he should be working at Freshco Customer service. WTF does he even know? Pretty much nothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Spector is always good for a laugh. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, NoCupSyndrome said:

Spector is always good for a laugh. 

All of the Sportsnet writers are brutal. Even our guy. They’re all a disgrace to journalism.

• Cheers 3

I was creeping oilers pages on reddit.

They are having massive 1000 plus comment threads on playing either the avs or stars.

Implying that once our "puck luck" dries up this series is a cake walk.

And apparently we are worse than leaf fans lol.

I love it. We gotta take both in Edmonton. Just put a stranglehold on this series. We shut down mcdrai and they have nothing.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I’m surprised for the style of play Hoglander has that he’s only got 1 assist in 8 games. Seems like he would excel in the playoffs. 

Does not help that Lafferty, Hronek, Myers, and Mikheyev have goose eggs so far in the playoffs. Guys that you thought would provide a little offence.

Miller with 9 pts in 8 games leading the way.

Boeser with 8 pts in 8 games.

Nice surprises in Zadorav and Joshua with 7 pts each in 8 games.

Hughes with 6 pts in 8 games and Lindholm with 5 pts in 8 games isn’t bad either. 

• Cheers 1