[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

IMG_9738.thumb.jpeg.dd22fe2c75369c424c9f2c78b4382c4a.jpeg

I never paid attention to that chicken podcast or whatever it's called of theirs until Whitney starts trashing talking on our series. And then I realize how punchable his face is...

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

😆 todays edition of "What did the drunk Edmonton homer tweet?" 

The funny thing is, he is 100% correct on this one. Everyone blaming the refs but forgetting to mention that they absolutely hammered the dogshit out of us in the 3rd. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

26tPo9rksWnfPo4HS.webp

I guess making a circle motion with a towel is just too difficult for the average Albertan. 

Apparently they also have "orange men" which is completely stupid. 

• Haha 1

Just now, LaBamba said:

The funny thing is, he is 100% correct on this one. Everyone blaming the refs but forgetting to mention that they absolutely hammered the dogshit out of us in the 3rd. 

The reffing up until last game has been pretty good for the playoffs so far. If you're actually suggesting Sutherland isn't biased, you're in denial. That guy is trash, most people in the league wouldn't have a problem agreeing with that. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

The third period….not the entire game as Edm media claims

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

IMG_9738.thumb.jpeg.dd22fe2c75369c424c9f2c78b4382c4a.jpeg

Nurse'll get his. That's their go to....hit in the face with the stick. Skill alone won't get it done over there so this is Plan B.

Also Ryan Whitney:

441403444_10160896023850549_129590679581

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

The reffing up until last game has been pretty good for the playoffs so far. If you're actually suggesting Sutherland isn't biased, you're in denial. That guy is trash, most people in the league wouldn't have a problem agreeing with that. 

I’m not saying the reffing was bad, what I’m saying is we didn’t take control of what we had control over. When you’re tied in the 3rd at home and don’t touch the puck, the refs have little to do with that. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Not blaming the refs.

Calling out the refs and if you agree with a captain getting a stick in the face and bleeding with NO call, go join them over there. 

So one out of 2 periods. They got lucky...WE scored their winning goal for them. Not sure that'll always be the case. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I’m not saying the reffing was bad, what I’m saying is we didn’t take control of what we had control over. When you’re tied in the 3rd at home and don’t touch the puck, the refs have little to do with that. 

Yeah they sat back...happens.

You're not saying the reffing was bad but that doesn't mean we can't. It was. If that bleeding cheek was McDavid's? You think they wouldn't address it?

Let Miller, Myers and Z get away with some of that stuff and see how the game unfolds. Much differently. Yet we get...interference calls? They see those?

Rah rah rah though. Sure.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Illegally and without receiving due punishment from the refs.

'Funny' how that works out in their favour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redhdlois said:

The third period….not the entire game as Edm media claims

We only got 19 shots on net. It wasn’t as bad the entire game but Edmonton definitely deserved to win based on their effort and dominance. 

• Sad 1

Just now, LaBamba said:

I don't think anyone is blaming the ref's for our play, its the non-calls on the slew foots and letting mcdickhead cut Hughes. If we get a 4 minute penalty, 1/2 of it 4 on 3 I think we win that game. And so did Sutherland. 

• ThereItIs 1

Why not both?

It's not like the refs arn't a big part of it, often.

This Witney fook needs to wind his yappy neck in. His shit city, with their 1.5 trick pony team, can take their pompoms and eat a large cow pie. 

I mean why you gotta even defend the drunk feeble dorkwad?

Does Edm have a forum you could hang in? 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

We only got 19 shots on net. It wasn’t as bad the entire game but Edmonton definitely deserved to win based on their effort and dominance. 

Go tell someone who cares. "We" don't. 

And no. 

• Upvote 1

I know you all don’t see it within our bubble here but reffing aside we had a chance to win the game and we didn’t touch the puck in the 3rd period. At that point it’s 0-0. The hypothetical scenarios of the goals we might have scored on power plays are irrelevant. 

• Haha 1

I know you all don’t see it within our bubble here but reffing aside we had a chance to win the game and we didn’t touch the puck in the 3rd period. At that point it’s 0-0. The hypothetical scenarios of the goals we might have scored on power plays are irrelevant. 

Our bubble is Vancouver.

I understand from previous posts, yours is in Alberta.  

"Reffing aside"???? LOL Convenient to just overlook a huge factor in the game. Go with the flow stuff I guess.

It's not about "hypothetical goals". It's about momentum and handcuffing one team while allowing another to run rampant. If you don't see that clean your glasses. If Zadorov smashes McDoofus in the face with his stick and makes him bleed and gets away with it, McDavid would be taken out of the play as he chases the refs all over the ice screaming for a call. He loses it. 

But sure, just ignore the impact this stuff has on a game. That's called tunnel vision.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2