[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G3 (Series tied 1-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Sun May 12 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET - Edmonton

Just now, LaBamba said:

I know you all don’t see it within our bubble here but reffing aside we had a chance to win the game and we didn’t touch the puck in the 3rd period. At that point it’s 0-0. The hypothetical scenarios of the goals we might have scored on power plays are irrelevant. 

There's always a chance. It's why they play 7 game series.  Hockey needs a series to figure out the better squad. 

What's important for you to remember, and this is high level hockey insight.. always make sure you keep this in mind...     F*ck. Edm.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Why not both?

It's not like the refs arn't a big part of it, often.

This Witney fook needs to wind his yappy neck in. His shit city, with their 1.5 trick pony team, can take their pompoms and eat a large cow pie. 

I mean why you gotta even defend the drunk feeble dorkwad?

Does Edm have a forum you could hang in? 

Just because I’m looking at the way we played the game rather than blaming the loss on referees makes me an Edmonton fan? Come on man, if it was a blowout due to 8 Edmonton PP’s then ok, it’s reffing. But when the game was tied and in overtime it’s time for your home team to kick into gear and win that game. We got absolutely molested 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, LaBamba said:

Just because I’m looking at the way we played the game rather than blaming the loss on referees makes me an Edmonton fan? Come on man, if it was a blowout due to 8 Edmonton PP’s then ok, it’s reffing. But when the game was tied and in overtime it’s time for your home team to kick into gear and win that game. We got absolutely molested 

NO

ONE'S

BLAMING

THE 

REFS 

FOR

THE 

LOSS

We're addressing the reffing. So quit spinning it differently. You've made your point. As one sided as it is.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not the line I'd come up with but they don't pay me so I'm covered.

Yeah I don't know if Hoggy would be the guy I'd take out.  Maybe drop him down the 4th line & pull out PDG? I'm guessing they are trying to find someone to get Petey the puck, he is right handed that's the thing I can think of.

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Yep, my home team.  Sorta, yours too-ish?

Dont take it too hard.

In the playoffs I become massively tribal. If your not with us, youre against us. Maybe I could see you as a second tier fan, I've read your posts... Just imo of course.

F*ck all other teams, 

I get that too.

"Go with the flow". Right now Oil's flowing so ride that bus I guess. A little undecided it seems.

But this is not the time/place to fly their flag. Nope.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, tas said:

the canucks weren't great from the opening puck drop, but edmonton was terrible through two periods, and then the two best players in the world willed their team to a dominant third period, while the canucks played way too conservatively. 

despite that, they only tied the game on a bonehead defensive play by soucy/myers, and won the game on a fluke bounce due to bad defensive positioning. 

if that's the best edmonton has, they should be deeply concerned. 

This is an intelligent post that actually critiques the game itself. Refreshing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Cali Canuck said:

Aman over Podz and Hogs?  Interesting decision.  Free Podz.

Podz seems so good on the forecheck - the type of player you would think would expose the oilers D by pressuring and turning over pucks.

My guess is they dont trust him defensively?

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

This is an intelligent post that actually critiques the game itself. Refreshing. 

So which is it?

Did they win on a fluke bounce or did they decimate us? Because without that fluke goal who knows? We often take advantage of a team after they've been run around (2 guys) and wear down and then we strike. Happens.

Intelligent posts only please/thank you.

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

And the NHL loves using Quinn in their promos. Like take care of the kid for chrissake. 

He rarely complains and just sucks it up but the squeaky wheels are the oil. Getting all the attention in a good way. Don't bleed on McDavid or you're getting tossed. I'd love to know what Lalaland said to Quinn after that. Idiot. He looks like your typical wanna be cop power monger.

Is Sutherland senile? He was right there when Petey was sent head first into the boards too.

And the NHL loves using Quinn in their promos.”

Yes, in a very bizarre way with the tag line “make Canada proud” or some such.

Has nobody told these clowns that Quinn is American? SMH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I know you all don’t see it within our bubble here but reffing aside we had a chance to win the game and we didn’t touch the puck in the 3rd period. At that point it’s 0-0. The hypothetical scenarios of the goals we might have scored on power plays are irrelevant. 

They won in ot in part thanks to Myers falling down, they got the lucky ot break. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

I guess they pulled Hogz out because he didn't get the puck to an open Pettersson on a few occasions last game.  Karlsson in the lineup seems odd but the coaches know best.  Go Canucks Go

• Upvote 1

Just now, PeteyBoeser said:

Canucks need to win in decisive fashion tonight. We only won a one goal game except for that empty net goal in game 1. 

Teams aren't just rolling over other teams a whole lot though. The intensity is amp'd up and there are many close games.

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

the refereeing was also very bad, as there were several blatant, obvious, missed calls in both directions, the most grievous of which working against the canucks, whether by design or incompetence. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I guess making a circle motion with a towel is just too difficult for the average Albertan. 

Apparently they also have "orange men" which is completely stupid. 

trump-dance-ymca.gifSZgAvx.gif

• Haha 2