[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

36 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:
Agree Petey needs to step it up but we won despite of that,calling him feeble and such rubs me the wrong way,he’s by no way a liability out there and I’m glad he’s in the line up some people can’t get past his salary wich he isn’t even making yet, the nit picking is pissing me off relax and enjoy our success so far ffs,let’s wait till next season and rip him apart if that’s the case he’s getting invaluable experience and he’s young.let him grow

Petey needs one or two wingers who can help him out. It's kind of hard for him to have success when he's playing with two 4th liners. That line should have at least six goals this playoffs on Mik's chances alone, but play after play have died on his stick, he's had so many chances and couldn't put the puck in the ocean from the pier. Hogs has looked awful this playoffs, many times Petey's been in position to get a good look and Hogs hasn't gotten him the puck. Tonight, Karlsson gets inserted, a brand new winger with whom Petey has yet to develop chemistry. I thought Karlsson played well, he was out there late in the third. Let's see what happens if they get a few games together, Karlsson was a PPG player in Abby, its good to see what the team has in him. I expect him to be given a good shot to make the team in camp, we will need some value contracts after we get done signing our UFAs. In comparison, look at how unsuccessful McJesus was in game one, and he has a 50-goal scorer on his wing. But put Draisaitl on his line and things were much different for "the best player in hockey." What Petey and his line are doing well is defending. Their line gave up zero HDCA, and had one HDCF. That's at least the second game in a row that Petey's line has given up zero high danger chances, even though Edmonton had last change. On another note, I thought Myers was great, and he was the high minute man for the game for the Canucks.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mikey said:

Petey had 18 points in the bubble 

7 goals 11 assists in 17 games.  But this year is different.  Should put the 649 line in for the first 10 minutes in game 4 so they can weather the storm. Get the lead and shuffle the lines back

In the bubble playoffs didn’t he have what’s his nuts who has been on half the teams in the league already or was he on the lotto line?
Tyler Tiffoli - Didn’t Petey play with him?

Yeah he definitely played with a whole lot of fire during the covid playoffs until we played against Vegas… Then he disappeared pretty much if my memory serves me correctly…

yeah it begs to ask what the fuck has happened to him?
He ought to be stronger on his skates but the guy falls down all the time

either he didn’t train properly in the off-season or he has an injury or there’s something not right between his ears or is it got a drug problem or something? 

I wish we will find out eventually because it’s driving me a little crazy -

the guy should be owning the league by now - he has shown so much promise - but how can that translate when the guy is way too weak on his skates and disappears…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Honestly. You’re amongst the worst ‘Supporters’.

The fact that you haven’t made any positive posts in the GDT and posts in the PGT pisses me off. 

Tell/Show me I’m wrong. 

Otherwise, you’ll be allowed to post after July. 

Why you all up on someone's opinion?  I ain't been on CDC forever and never posted on here.  Enjoy the win and get the hate out your mouth.

I_AM_CANUCKIAN

*edit I just made an account as I read all the time just don't like the condescending attitude.  We all Canucks fans for the majority.  You ain't special.  I remember you from CDC.  You ain't special

Edited by I_AM_CANUCKIAN

The fact that you haven’t made any positive posts in the GDT and posts in the PGT pisses me off. 

Tell/Show me I’m wrong. 

You'll be allowed?  Thanks boss.  Get a grip.

• ThereItIs 1

Tell/Show me I’m wrong. 

I think you're over reacting a bit, la bambas not nearly as bad as some posters, but let's just all enjoy the W, I was getting a bit worried too near the end, was getting tense. But let's goooo, fuckin eh, missed playoffs so much1

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

The Soilers, waiting for Gary Buttman to send in the Irish barber, Gill ‘O Tine, to discipline Soucy

7hnHI2o5AM_2HGVwu0fSAkWZN2ENkOoO4gcQYbjASumwfojlFvBwI2ctWdf_v9TlxYpZq1brbcg6RwlREKwGp1Q5Pk_wkP5eMV5_q6xpeKqWAjdX3JLjROJULu2O7LbXYOnIocj_1qoccGnYI_bzPrI

Ain't happening you whiny bitches!! McBitchface and Crysaitl are getting POUNDED next game. Just like the pounding the two Betty Bitches probably received at the hands of their spouses' unlubed dildoes (the kraken-looking one) when they dragged their sorry asses home to their respective spouses. 

Keep sleeping on the Canucks and they'll just keep winning. Enjoy, rest, and get cracking for the next one.

Now get out there and back up my words for me on Tuesday, boys!

How is the dating scene for a late 20s woman? : r/SeattleWA

The dildos of consequence arriving unlubed...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

What is in fact Sad is that what was stated is exactly (almost word for word) what everyone has been talking about for weeks on AM650, Donnie & Dhali, the Atlantic, Global sports, TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN ......just to name a few.     EP40 has withered up into a snow-flake and we all expect an $11,000,000.00 Million Dollar player (The highest ever paid player in history of this this team - and in the same $ Ball-Park as Mcbaby and MacKinnon) should be playing like such and not falling down ever shift, getting tossed around like salad, afraid to clock players at the right time and unable to score while playing most of the time on the fringes and in the shadows of the rink.     

I don't know about you, but I'd say we're "a bit fortunate" that our other players have stepped up to win games while our Top Player has disappeared under pressure and this should not only be concerning to the coach but fans like you and others as well and needs to be called out because this poor level of play has been going on for 3 months and getting worse.  If it wasn't for his earlier success this season, his prominance and BIG BUCK contract, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him sidelined with Hoglander tonight too.   

Name checks out.  +1!

13 minutes ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Agree Petey needs to step it up but we won despite of that,calling him feeble and such rubs me the wrong way,he’s by no way a liability out there and I’m glad he’s in the line up some people can’t get past his salary wich he isn’t even making yet, the nit picking is pissing me off relax and enjoy our success so far ffs,let’s wait till next season and rip him apart if that’s the case he’s getting invaluable experience and he’s young.let him grow

Petey needs one or two wingers who can help him out. It's kind of hard for him to have success when he's playing with two 4th liners. That line should have at least six goals this playoffs on Mik's chances alone, but play after play have died on his stick, he's had so many chances and couldn't put the puck in the ocean from the pier. Hogs has looked awful this playoffs, many times Petey's been in position to get a good look and Hogs hasn't gotten him the puck. Tonight, Karlsson gets inserted, a brand new winger with whom Petey has yet to develop chemistry. I thought Karlsson played well, he was out there late in the third. Let's see what happens if they get a few games together, Karlsson was a PPG player in Abby, its good to see what the team has in him. I expect him to be given a good shot to make the team in camp, we will need some value contracts after we get done signing our UFAs. In comparison, look at how unsuccessful McJesus was in game one, and he has a 50-goal scorer on his wing. But put Draisaitl on his line and things were much different for "the best player in hockey." What Petey and his line are doing well is defending. Their line gave up zero HDCA, and had one HDCF. That's at least the second game in a row that Petey's line has given up zero high danger chances, even though Edmonton had last change. On another note, I thought Myers was great, and he was the high minute man for the game for the Canucks.

Putting the blame on Pettersson's wingers is retarded. The organization has tried to get him wingers. Boeser was on his wing and his production dried up. Mikheyev is signed. Kuzmenko is signed. We tried Lindholm for a bit. So it is not for the lack of trying, and we should keep on trying. It would be money if we can get a winger like Hyman though, 5.5mil cap hit. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Glad we won, but we shouldn’t have getting outshot 3-to-1. 

While I think, I know, what you mean,  it worked treat. 
got a comfortable lead and protected it. 
why unhappy? Why open up and risk suckerpunched?

They Kept McD fairly quiet again. 

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Oh look, Kane tried to injure Zadorov with a kick to the head.  Is there a bigger piece of shit in NHL history?

KANE = POS…

His fav band…

5 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ok but we have been outshot 90-33 the last two games. Nothing to brag about there. They can’t keep trying to only play defense in third periods. They need to have some sort of attack going forward.

Its works, no?

While we like to play on the front foot, McDiver and Dry fish are pretty good hockey players. 
When the boys get a commanding lead, don't play too offensive and let McD get a counter goal like game 2...

If we did lead, I'm sure we'd have a lot more shots... 

5 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya but the only reason he got it to the head was because he was falling after Big Z’s crosscheck. He wasn’t going for the head at all, just the way he fell forwards.

Spot on... its clear he pushes his stick forward just to keep him at bay. He already started the motion, when McD went forwards...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canuckleheads Fan said:

Also remember the Sedins, took them a few seasons too

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Putting the blame on Pettersson's wingers is retarded. The organization has tried to get him wingers. Boeser was on his wing and his production dried up. Mikheyev is signed. Kuzmenko is signed. We tried Lindholm for a bit. So it is not for the lack of trying, and we should keep on trying. It would be money if we can get a winger like Hyman though, 5.5mil cap hit. 

Name a top forward in this league that doesn't play with another top forward. Matthews, McDavid, McKinnon, Crosby, Barkov, Pointe, etc. ALL have a top-line running mate. Nobody will argue that when Lindholm was tried with Petey, he was NOT the player he's been in the playoffs. He was hurt and only now is playing like the player we traded for. Both he and Petey are more comfortable at center, and Tocchet likes both of them in the middle. I was hoping that he and Hogs would develop some chemistry but that hasn't happened, hopefully it will happen with Karlsson. Also, I don't believe that Petey's not playing hurt. I think he's playing the best he can right now and working harder on defense than offense. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, IBatch said:

Said it before the game, there would be retribution.   This is no longer a Horvat led rodeo.   Soucy, Myers and Zadarov aren't fun to play against, especially in the post season.    Doubt they are even close to done, McDavid will think twice about pulling some stupid shit like he did at the end of a game or play.   That's just the D,  Joshua and Miller aren't too fun either, and Lindholm is pretty good too. 

Bam ⭐.... ^^^^ There it is^^^^

Playing this Canucks team hurts......... and they are pretty good too 😉

Edited by spook007
spelling
  • MillerTime 1