[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

39 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm sticking to my prediction of a game for Soucy, but there was one clip I saw that raised an interesting question....If Sam Bennett's punch to the face of Brad Marchand isn't worthy of a suspension, what would Soucy's cross check be?

Now, I realize that most fans outside of Boston believe it should be legal to punch Marchand in the face, but the fact remains, Marchand was injured on the play and missed the next game. There is clear video evidence of the play and zero doubt that Bennett is responsible for Marchand's injury.

Yet, no supplemental discipline.

McDavid was not injured by the Soucy cross check and there is clear video evidence of him slashing CS before the cross check. Yet, the consensus among pundits (even ones not based in Alberta) is that Soucy deserves to be suspended.

Seems like something is off here....:classic_unsure:

Fact is, while it was a cross check, it was not aimed at his head...

He went down because of Z's cross check in the back, so there were no intend to hit him in the face...

He may get a game, which would only be because its McD, as have been said before Hogs got his nuts handed to him, and nothing...

I hope, I'm wrong, but I'm starting smell a bit of 2011 here... Hope its not so... TSN all calling for suspensions, and I wonder if the league wants a McD v. MacKinnon Western final for show case reasons...  If we have to go through that shit one more time.... not sure I can handle it...

Hope the bury McD next game... I don't even care if they lose the game, just nail his ass once an for all... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

He went down because of Z's cross check in the back, so there were no intend to hit him in the face...

He may get a game, which would only be because its McD, as have been said before Hogs got his nuts handed to him, and nothing...

I hope, I'm wrong, but I'm starting smell a bit of 2011 here... Hope its not so... TSN all calling for suspensions, and I wonder if the league wants a McD v. MacKinnon Western final for show case reasons...  If we have to go through that shit one more time.... not sure I can handle it...

Hope the bury McD next game... I don't even care if they lose the game, just nail his ass once an for all... 

Pretty much exactly what I said in my post prior to the one you responded to.

I don't buy into the conspiracy theories. Not now, nor in 2011. Missed calls happen, but there's no concerted league effort to try and scuttle the Canucks.

I realize that isn't a popular opinion around here, but it is what it is.

I honestly think it’s really important to be mean and hard to play against. Chris Pronger was an incredible hall of fame defenseman, but he was also one mean, often dirty guy to play against, suspended several times. He also took 3 different teams to the finals, winning with Anaheim in 2007. Chris Chelios? Couldn’t stand the guy, but he sure was effective as a mean-tempered competitor and won a couple Cups too. Finally we have a team that people might be afraid of

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

He did. But that play isn't reviewable, unless a penalty is called in the first place.

Sorry please explain this, as I may not know this...

If a player get high stick during the game, and the refs don't see this during the game, it can't be reviewed afterwards? 

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

McKinnon may not even make the Western final. Colorado’s already losing the series to Dallas.

I think the league’s just protecting their golden boy. 

• Cheers 1

Silvos is a huge reason why we have a 2-1 series lead. 

we are kinda lucky to be where we are. When the oilers step it up after being down the Canucks have a no answers and no zone time - we are hemmed in our zone for full periods 

Silvos has been excellent but he won’t be able to bail us out every time 

this series could very easily be 2-1 oilers.

if we can’t figure out a solution to the oilers when they are desperate we will be In trouble. The series is still young .

6 minutes ago, spook007 said:

2011 was a much different story. We’d already lost Hammer due to injury and Rome’s hit was definitely late and caused a significant head injury to Nathan Horton. 4 finals games was severe, but it was also a very dangerous late hit. Without 2 of our top 6 D, and a barely standing Ryan Kesler, we had little chance of winning that series. Amazing it even went 7 games 

• Cheers 2

Sorry please explain this, as I may not know this...

If a player get high stick during the game, and the refs don't see this during the game, it can't be reviewed afterwards? 

It can't be challenged by the opposing team. Otherwise, it would be an obvious call by RT and a 4 minute penalty for McDavid.

Reviews by DoPS are common for Major penalty calls, but I doubt there are any, over accidental high sticks, even when they draw blood.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This morning, apparently, everything's all good, Davy boy turning down the heat.

Of course now that the league will hand out suspensions and fines, he is very pragmatic... 

Not impressed at all...

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

we are kinda lucky to be where we are. When the oilers step it up after being down the Canucks have a no answers and no zone time - we are hemmed in our zone for full periods 

if we can’t figure out a solution to the oilers when they are desperate we will be In trouble. The series is still young .

I agree with you to an extent and you make valid points, but the same could be said for the Nashville series. We were outplayed for long stretches and could barely register very many shots on goal. But we’ve found ways to win hockey games. All that matters this time of year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

It can't be challenged by the opposing team. Otherwise, it would be an obvious call by RT and a 4 minute penalty for McDavid.

Reviews by DoPS are common for Major penalty calls, but I doubt there are any, over accidental high sticks, even when they draw blood.

Cheers got you... this was also how I thought it was, thanks.

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Agreed. I trusted Cole to learn from some of his misplays and he did. Unlike many here, I don’t consider the bad bounces off him his fault. Similarly, I trust Juulsen to play a disciplined and hard hitting game. Juulsen was great for us all year and many have him penciled in as our regular #6 next year. I’m looking forward to the fresh legs and big hits!

And pair him with big Z ..... Oilers won't know which wing is safest to attack on

Cheers got you... this was also how I thought it was, thanks.

It's not to let the zebras off the hook altogether though.

When they saw Huggy was leaking, they should have huddled with the linesmen and asked if anyone saw anything. I didn't see that happen....

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

2011 was a much different story. We’d already lost Hammer due to injury and Rome’s hit was definitely late and caused a significant head injury to Nathan Horton. 4 finals games was severe, but it was also a very dangerous late hit. Without 2 of our top 6 D, and a barely standing Ryan Kesler, we had little chance of winning that series. Amazing it even went 7 games 

Yeah my point was more, that some of the suspensions or lack off seemed to favour Bruins severely...

I know, we lost, because we didn't score enough goals... Injury was a major reason for that, but I seem to recall a few plays that was allowed, which I wonder would have been reviewed had it been the other way around... 

Yes I know, it still hurts... 🙄

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

And pair him with big Z ..... Oilers won't know which wing is safest to attack on

I think that's the smart play.

I like how both Myers and Z have played, but I think it's a good idea to have one of the guys with the giant wing span on each pairing....

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Grinch said:

And it could very well be 3 - 0 Canucks, were it not for a lucky bounce in the O/T goal in game 2

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Yeah my point was more, that some of the suspensions or lack off seemed to favour Bruins severely...

I know, we lost, because we didn't score enough goals... Injury was a major reason for that, but I seem to recall a few plays that was allowed, which I wonder would have been reviewed had it been the other way around... 

Yes I know, it still hurts... 🙄

yeah I know what you mean, the way that series was officiated, or wasn’t officiated will always bother us all. It turned into a back-alley street-fight and the rule book got tossed out the window. Boston got away with almost anything in that series

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

And it could very well be 3 - 0 Canucks, were it not for a lucky bounce in the O/T goal in game 2

Yep. Another thing my old Junior coach used to say was that "Excuses are for losers"....