[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

FWIW; Oilers have had a chat with a league official, and been told they will be watched as much as the Canucks. 

Huh? I haven't heard this?

“Post is not good goaltending”

lol,

it’s not great shooting either,.   Draistyl is not on the same drugs the Oilers were in the 90’s !

he’s on pain killing hallucinogenics ! Numb.

All will end soon.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

noticed early in the game, Draisaitl was crosschecked in the back and he fell over, then crosschecked again and he fell over again. Did it 3 times I think.

I wasn't sure if he was actually hurt or if he was trying to get on the PP

Lol, its Divesaitle. He was diving as usual. He's female dog.

Edited by Rekker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

And it is one game from our 3rd pair LHD NOT Hughes, Hronek, or Zad. It is not the end of the world...maybe actually good, as I bet Soucy would have been hobbled a bit by the ankle shot block that kept him out 1/2 a period. This way they are forced to play Juulsen.

for what it's worth Myers and Soucy the 2nd pairing right now and main match up pair with the McDrai line.  Hyman should also get a game, I haven't seen any supplemental disciple for him yet.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Sometimes video cameras can be misleading. I mean; What's really happening here?

FWIW; Oilers have had a chat with a league official, and been told they will be watched as much as the Canucks. 

Big Z required stitches to his face

35 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I noticed early in the game, Draisaitl was crosschecked in the back and he fell over, then crosschecked again and he fell over again. Did it 3 times I think.

I wasn't sure if he was actually hurt or if he was trying to get on the PP. No penalty called anyway, but he might be hurting too. 

Keep up with the big hits on McDavid and Draisaitl. They'll either break them or they'll be so frustrated they'll make their own mistakes, take bad penalties.

If they re-sign Zadorov, I'm getting a jersey

IMG_0547.gif

Hyman/DOPS are such rats.  Z is intentionally crosschecked in the face, gets stitches and nothing.  Lots of different ways to get revenge and I hope to see it

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

We always knew we would be up against it when playing the Oilers.

We have the depth to still have a better D than they do. 
Demko’s coming back and if Juulsen goes in that isn’t making things easier for them. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Sometimes video cameras can be misleading. I mean; What's really happening here?

Let's just move past this. Who cares about Hyman's retaliation.....he should have after McD got X-checked twice!

The way the Canucks organization handle these situations is all class now; no point in pissing the league off. I'm sure RT, PA, and JR respectfully discussed all the other questionable stuff that's happened in the series after Soucy's call. In turn, it sounds like the league put Oilers on notice that those things would not be tolerated going fwd. In all honesty, that is great for us. Any stupid shit by them will be 5 and a game. I don't think guys like Nurse and Kane are capable of not doing it, so......

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Rekker said:

Yip. That particular play bugs me because they could of huddled up, called a major and reviewed it. Dropped ball there. 

That was certainly a way they could have played it.  Truthfully, at full speed, I thought it was a follow though and I guess thats what the officials must have thought as well 

Posted (edited)

I think all of this is great.

We won, but the Oil moaning and the league farting around gives the Canucks lots of reasons to be piss off anyway.

Good stuff, we should be in a revved up mood tomorrow. 

Let's bury these whiny entitled tarts.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I think all of this is great.

We won, but the Oil moaning and the league farting around gives the Canucks lots of reasons to be piss off anyway.

Good stuff, we should be in revved up mood tomorrow. 

Let's bury these whiny entitled tarts.

to some extent, it shouldn't matter what lineup the canucks dress.

disciplined, well-coached, structured, physical, aggressive hockey trumps road hockey. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think the team should appoint her as an honorary Canuck. 😁

Buy her a Zadorov jersey. Get her tickets behind the Oilers bench, and taunt the F out of those oily bastards 😅

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Let's just move past this. Who cares about Hyman's retaliation.....he should have after McD got X-checked twice!

The way the Canucks organization handle these situations is all class now; no point in pissing the league off. I'm sure RT, PA, and JR respectfully discussed all the other questionable stuff that's happened in the series after Soucy's call. In turn, it sounds like the league put Oilers on notice that those things would not be tolerated going fwd. In all honesty, that is great for us. Any stupid shit by them will be 5 and a game. I don't think guys like Nurse and Kane are capable of not doing it, so......

I think that's a positive way to look at it. 

Like it or not. McDavid is the golden boy and after all the crying they had to do something. 

Suspended Soucy for 1 game. 

Canucks probably lobbied behind the scenes for

1) Spear to the nuts on Hogz

2) Kane Slew foot 

3) slash to Hughes' face

4)Hyman crosscheck to Z's face

All not punished and the league understands canucks should probably be up 3-0 in the series and are clearly the better team. 

If Soucy's 1 game is the sacrificial lamb to call a fair series going forward, this favors the Canucks. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, tas said:

to some extent, it shouldn't matter what lineup the canucks dress.

disciplined, well-coached, structured, physical, aggressive hockey trumps road hockey. 

Aggressive?  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Aggressive?  

yeah, when they need to be. they contest everything, especially in the neutral zone. when they get a lead, they tend to sit back a bit, but they'll learn. 

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 1

I think one key/concern the Canucks need to gameplan for tomorrow is when the Oil send 3 fwds deep on the forecheck.  Only Hughes/Garland were able to exit the zone w their skating ability-the rest of the D were flipping the puck out or rimming it around and losing possession.  If the Canucks can break that forecheck they’ll destroy EDM going the other way

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1