[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Stupid move; you basically 100% disengage Skinner at that point. Pickard is no better.

They need to sign a piece of plywood in the offseason.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

My concern with Juulsen is the bad penalties. He has to play a clean game (big legal hits)

No different than Cole…. Except Cole leading all defence in goals scored in playoffs.😂

21 minutes ago, BPA said:

Some media / analysts are saying for EDM to start Pickard in game 4.

Who do they think their goalie coach is, Ian Clarke? 

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

He's way faster and better at handling the puck. It was obvious from just watching him for a few minutes. Skinner has been getting whooped by the Canucks all year. They have to try Pickard. He could get hot or have our number 

He faced 3 shots….3! Look at the goals from yesterday; hard to fault Skinner on any of them. A tip, point blank giveaway, sick foot to stick pass, and a Boeser snipe. Pickard fairs no better on those shots.

19 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I have thought Petterson has been looking better and better as the series goes on. It is hard for him to stack the offensive stats when he’s playing with guys that have zero finish right now (Mik & Hogs). His PP has been great this series and his 200’ is very good…even being physical. Hogs and Mik have been frustrating to watch though.

As I said, forget about points. If he's creating chances and his linemates can't capitalize, that's not on him.

Even so, I don't believe he's looked appreciably better alongside Miller and Boeser. And he's not made a significant impact on the PP where his linemates are perfectly fine.

For a player regarded as one of the best in the league, I expect him to consistently create time and space for himself and his linemates and show the occasional flash of individual drive. I can't say I've seen that in these past 9 games.

I agree he improved steadily over the Nashville series (albeit, starting from a fairly low bar). However, I don't believe he's gotten better every game this series.

Posted (edited)

Listening to Spittin Chicklets: Biz was about to heap praise (I think) on Karlsson & Aman but got cut off by Yandle.  I think they both had solid games.  Aman in the third I thought had a couple of nice plays.  Oil were pushing and he broke up a pass on the blue line and had a couple of possessions where he cleanly transitioned the puck out into the O zone.  Almost set up Boeser for the hatty too and was skating more like the Aman I like.  Karlsson was playing hard along the wall too, really digging for pucks.  Hope they can keep it up because imo Canucks are harder to play against w them in the line up.

Edited by AngryGoose
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The Boys ‘man up’ and fight through this challenge. 

Don’t change a thing. 

Soucy/Zads are ‘our’ Marchands. Fuck it. And fuck the Oilers. 

McBaby and Draisaitl are their versions of the Sedins. 

Keep hitting them. Canucks have decent depth to replace those that get a 1 game. 

image.gif.54498e176cf409a4c5180ebb712793b6.gif

We are playing the LONG game..  and we are wearing them down to the only line they have ..

hammer em boys !

im looking forward to seeing Juulz in , happy to see Karlsson and Amman get in, they did not disappoint and were close to scoring themselves.

Our depth is starting to show,.

going to be great hockey in Vancouver for at least 5 years.       Count on it!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Putting the blame on Pettersson's wingers is retarded. The organization has tried to get him wingers. Boeser was on his wing and his production dried up. Mikheyev is signed. Kuzmenko is signed. We tried Lindholm for a bit. So it is not for the lack of trying, and we should keep on trying. It would be money if we can get a winger like Hyman though, 5.5mil cap hit. 

Mikheyev is $4.75 million and is useless except as a 4th line checker who doesn’t hit. Hoglander has been meh. So I hardly think it is “retarded” to blame wingers. Not sure what’s wrong with Petey but he looks depressed. Maybe due to linemates maybe something else. Maybe injury.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Let’s just put the Oilers away, it’s getting annoying now.

I firmly believe we could’ve sweeped this series with PPG Pettersson. As collateral, in-form Petey would've also most probably made Hoglander perform better.

• ThereItIs 1

15 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Putting the blame on Pettersson's wingers is retarded. The organization has tried to get him wingers. Boeser was on his wing and his production dried up. Mikheyev is signed. Kuzmenko is signed. We tried Lindholm for a bit. So it is not for the lack of trying, and we should keep on trying. It would be money if we can get a winger like Hyman though, 5.5mil cap hit. 

Thank you.

He's going to be one of the highest earners in the league and we’re still here excusing him for lack of wingers. At that cap hit, he needs to make things happen himself.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

We are playing the LONG game..  and we are wearing them down to the only line they have ..

hammer em boys !

im looking forward to seeing Juulz in , happy to see Karlsson and Amman get in, they did not disappoint and were close to scoring themselves.

I hope Juulsen plays to potential but his liability to take penalties is worrying. Especially against Oil. Smash ‘em, but smash ‘em within the rules.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

hammer em boys !

Yes, brother, agree! 

The long game is to play past the Oilers/Skinner. 

If the Nucks can punch ‘them’ in the face enough and our Boys get PP’s or deplete their roster, then I’m all for it. 

Totally worth being ‘the Bruins’ of days past. 

Don’t care how ‘we’ win. As long as we win. 

Playoffs isn’t a gentleman’s game. It’s won by ‘hook or crook’. 

Totally fine with stealing anything and everything, however and whenever. 

Zero fucks given. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1