[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey is clearly playing through an injury. 

That's been said for a while now, and yet he played Game 82, does PK, takes faceoffs, and played the final minute of Game 1. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 43isprime said:

That's been said for a while now, and yet he played Game 82, does PK, takes faceoffs, and played the final minute of Game 1. 

And is doing so with an injury. Kind of amazing he has that kind of toughness. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, tas said:

if the boys win tonight, I want to hear the vancouver crowd chanting "cup or bust" at the oilers during game 5. 

I'd go with a "Thank You Skinner" chant...

• ThereItIs 2

47 minutes ago, tas said:

how on earth do we not have a gdt yet? this is old news, I want to trash edmonton in the present. 

Someone's on it...will be up soon.

• Like 2

I imagine the Canucks players ran through video and broke down plays etc., and you've got to think after seeing Kane deliberately try to kick Zadorov with his skate. or Hyman crosschecking Big Z in the face without a penalty, and so on. After Connie got his way and Soucy suspended, these Oilers are a bunch of cheapshot bitches. I can see Zadorov crushing a few Oilers tonight, hopefully Kane is #1 on the list. Hate that PoS. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, stawns said:

Also one of the biggest dbags in the league

Do you ever get exhausted of being wrong ( a lot of the time) but keep doubling down to try and prove you are right? 

That’s what baffles me on here sometimes, posters would rather try and be “right” then support their team and the winning moments that make hockey fun. Why try and make it about yourself. Let your ego go for pucks sake and enjoy the ride.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

After seeing that short video of Sean Avery breaking down that incident where Connie's face attacked Soucy's stick - calling Hyman a pussy for patty-caking, and laughing... I have a new appreciation for Avery. Glad others see what a bunch of wimps those Oilers are.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Do you ever get exhausted of being wrong ( a lot of the time) but keep doubling down to try and prove you are right? 

That’s what baffles me on here sometimes, posters would rather try and be “right” then support their team and the winning moments that make hockey fun. Why try and make it about yourself. Let your ego go for pucks sake and enjoy the ride.

Stawns is the local contrarian always looking to argue with someone. 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, TortorellasRant said:

Did I miss the memo where once we have the lead that we simply sit back and stop playing any offensive hockey. 7 shots over two period. What a joke at the professional level. Second fewest shots at this point in NHL history. I hoped it was a funk with Nashville because compared to Edmonton they're defensive stalwarts, but as a spectator this is frustrating.

It is extremely tough to stomach watching this team defend for 30 straight minutes like they did last night. They are more than capable of continuing the attack, sitting on the lead like they did last night even though it worked out in their favor is incredibly stupid. I was constantly shaking my head at the moment they gained possession, they chipped it down the ice and changed - for 30 god damn minutes. There was one instance in the third where they actually did attempt to do something offensively and it was fantastic because it ate a ton of time off the clock, otherwise they were hanging on for dear life. 

Did winning bother you that much? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Petey is clearly playing through an injury. 

Come on Alf, it's been a full season now. The injury excuse doesn't add up.

I know we all want to make excuses because we want to defend Petey or put the blame on something else.. but it's pretty clear at this point Petey is just not playing good hockey and it's totally on him. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I imagine the Canucks players ran through video and broke down plays etc., and you've got to think after seeing Kane deliberately try to kick Zadorov with his skate. or Hyman crosschecking Big Z in the face without a penalty, and so on. After Connie got his way and Soucy suspended, these Oilers are a bunch of cheapshot bitches. I can see Zadorov crushing a few Oilers tonight, hopefully Kane is #1 on the list. Hate that PoS. 

I'd rather we just play hard and hang another loss on them. 

We have nothing to prove physically, we could bury them if we felt like it.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TortorellasRant said:

Did I miss the memo where once we have the lead that we simply sit back and stop playing any offensive hockey. 7 shots over two period. What a joke at the professional level. Second fewest shots at this point in NHL history. I hoped it was a funk with Nashville because compared to Edmonton they're defensive stalwarts, but as a spectator this is frustrating.

It is extremely tough to stomach watching this team defend for 30 straight minutes like they did last night. They are more than capable of continuing the attack, sitting on the lead like they did last night even though it worked out in their favor is incredibly stupid. I was constantly shaking my head at the moment they gained possession, they chipped it down the ice and changed - for 30 god damn minutes. There was one instance in the third where they actually did attempt to do something offensively and it was fantastic because it ate a ton of time off the clock, otherwise they were hanging on for dear life. 

Yea, you did miss the memo. That's what pretty much all teams do. Go back to game 1 where Oilers were up 4-1. I think they have 5 shots in the 2nd half of the game.

Lots of teams shift to prioritizing defending when up by 2 or more goals, especially teams that are good at defending. 

Relax, we won.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Come on Alf, it's been a full season now. The injury excuse doesn't add up.

I know we all want to make excuses because we want to defend Petey or put the blame on something else.. but it's pretty clear at this point Petey is just not playing good hockey and it's totally on him. 

Even if true, shouldn't we be encouraging him instead of shitting on him? Do you really think someone as competitive as Petey just doesn't feel like it? 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

That would be awesome! How cool would it be if we our home crowd could somehow learn that chant they did in Sweden during the WJC that went “heeyyyy heeeeyyyyy baaaAAabby - ooh ahh” or however the heck it went. 

..." I waaannnaa knoOOoooww, will you be myyy girl"

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Wrong how?  How is an opinion wrong?  Can you prove he wasn't?  Did you know him?  Play with him?  Know anyone who did play with him?

How is commenting on him as a player have any bearing on supporting the team?  

GIF by Ghostbusters

• ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

I agree with your assessment - they really need a full 60M - EDM seems to come on very strong in third periods - we saw it in game 2 - they have been doing that the whole year scoring 4+ goals sometimes in the period (eg. recently Colorado / Pittsburgh / Buffalo) - can't fully sit back - should have at least some counter attacks -and  try to keep the play to the outside. 

Although I am happy with the results so far, I also hope they start getting some much needed secondary scoring from the other lines besides Garlands and JT's lines who have been doing the yeomans work - you look at Dallas FLA etc...everyone is contributing in some way with the offense.  

Dallas is scary good with their depth

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Even if true, shouldn't we be encouraging him instead of shitting on him? Do you really think someone as competitive as Petey just doesn't feel like it? 

I'm honestly at a loss on what to do. I'm trying not to be negative, but this is getting pretty ridiculous. 

I'm genuinely frustrated with Petey at this point. We're in it now! We're in the playoffs. This is what the players and the fans have been waiting for. So wtf is going on? Petey is supposed to be a top 6 scorer. He is supposed to be performing and helping this team win by putting up points.

He is not doing that, and waiting u til next season for him to get going isn't going to help us now.

I know shitting on him is not helping anything, but honestly burrying your head in the sand  (royal you, not you personally) and just being positive about his shit play isn't helping anything either.

There is something seriously wrong if we have locked in for 8 years at $11.5m, and this is what we can expect in the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Big Z required stitches to his face

An overlooked deliberate high delivered by Hyman

gotta love the sickening preferential treatment the Coilers are receiving from the corrupt NHL officials…

All this BS is just gonna light a fire in the Canucks… They’ll use it as motivation…

• Cheers 1