[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

When Flames fans are supporting you, I don't know how to take that. I guess thanks? I hope your team gets better so we can both smash the Oilers?

I don’t care if they support the Canucks but I appreciate their hatred for the Coil and McDick’s antics. They have them pegged.

• Cheers 4

Lol this is crazy. They are driving those two into the ground, but consider that the Edmonton Oilers have only scored 2 goals in all the playoffs without these two on the ice.  Somehow the media considers them cup favorites:

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

Funny that most of Calgary Puck is cheering on the Canucks..and the king Calgary lover himself Hrudey seems like hes on board too..lol...

Hrudey needs to be put out to pasture after this season, as he's looking overwhelmed and out of touch with the younger/smarter, more tuned in analyst on HNIC like Bieksa.    

12 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Something I wanted to mention:

The fact Edmonton is playing McDavid nearly 30 min and Draisaitl over 29 min means the bottom six lines have a lot less time to get into a rhythm and get their legs.

It is actually counter-productive to reduce a line's ice time that much.

Commentators are talking about how the other lines aren't producing, how can you produce when you get one shift ever 10 minutes?

Obviously you play your top line more, but not at the expense of total team play.

The Canucks have been rolling their lines... Miller/Boeser/Suter are getting a lot of time, but they are on for 20:00 minutes... they are tag-teaming the McDavid line with Lindholm's line and sometimes Blueger's or Pettersson's lines.  Its a TEAM effort.

I absolutely love the fact Edmonton is paying Nurse $9.25 M to play 18 minutes a night with 1 assist and a minus 5 for the playoffs and that contract has another 6 years to run!!! So good it makes me feel tingly all over 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Lol this is crazy. They are driving those two into the ground, but consider that the Edmonton Oilers have only scored 2 goals in all the playoffs without these two on the ice.  Somehow the media considers them cup favorites:

Hah that’s just sad. You can’t win it all like that 

• MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, Surtur said:

Desmith has been great but he is a back up and will probably never be a starter on any team at this point in his career, Silovs has a real future as a number 1 if he keeps this shit up.

If Silovs gets bombed, then replace him with DeSmith.  Otherwise, keep him in.

Once Demko comes back, he has to go in... I know everyone loves Silovs, but his save percentages and GAA are not great.

He is doing the job, and is the best option right now, but Demko is a step above in experience and ability right now.

Silovs is a future #1 and the chances of starting in Vancouver is good.

34 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

F'n COLE !    Scored his 5th goal on the canucks and tried to single handedly win the game for the Oilers - AGAIN!

When will Tock-it bench him or at least learn to keep this guy anywhere close to the ice in the third period.  I swear this guy either bet against the Canucks or is "on the Take" from the oilers or underworld bookies!   It's not humanly possible for even a bad player to cause 5 goals against in just three games - Not even Loui Eriksson can do that! 

Something fishy is going on!

Ian Cole Is the AntiChrist

Its Me Devil GIF by Rob Zombie

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

The underlying numbers tell a story of dominance.  Without the Powerplay they have no shot.

Screenshot_20240512-230244.png

I love the hit stats.

This is a result of Edmonton playing McDavid/Draisaitl so much... neither of them hit...  so the other lines which hit get no ice time.

Meanwhile our 1st/2nd/3rd/4th lines are pounding the Oilers.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Darius said:

I wonder if they move Draisaitl back to the 2nd line for more balanced lines.

That would be good for the Canucks and Miller line, easier to defend against one of them than both of them on the same line. 

36 minutes ago, Darius said:

I hate to bring up this reference, coz it still bugs me...but Zad reminds me of what Ferland did to us in 2015.  He was basically a wrecking ball and we had no answer.  I know some of his hits should have been charging, but having that sort of physical intimidation really has an impact

You hit the nail on the head right there… He might be the most valuable player we have right now or at least top five…

• Like 2