[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ok but we have been outshot 90-33 the last two games. Nothing to brag about there. They can’t keep trying to only play defense in third periods. They need to have some sort of attack going forward.

You could turn it around on the Oilers and say Knoblach can't keep up playing McDavid and Draisaitl for half the game.  That's not sustainable either.  

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I wonder if they move Draisaitl back to the 2nd line for more balanced lines.

That would be good for the Canucks and Miller line, easier to defend against one of them than both of them on the same line. 

Shhhh.... don't say that.

And actually I think Draisaitl is injured... he can't take hits like he would normally be able to shrug off when he carrys the puck.

So McDavid is carrying the puck and passing to Draisaitl when he is in the clear.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Didn’t McDavid crosscheck someone too? 

He's too much of a wuss to actually give a cross check in that situation. Instead he dealt a dirty two handed slash which earned him the response he got that looked like it almost broke him in half. Then he got up and cried about it like the legendary leader he is (n't)

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

That would be good for the Canucks and Miller line, easier to defend against one of them than both of them on the same line. 

im almost certain they do, and i agree, it will make it way easier to defend against them

they threw them out there for 30mins and it didnt work, they have to try something else

coilers are absolutely cooked - they got perry and kane on the douchebag discount and they arent even contributing at the level their discount would warrant

draisaitl being a little bitch as well, clearly their culture has been infected by the douchebag signings

very glad to see mcdavid took 2x the damage in exchange for his cheap dirty two hander. maybe now he'll think twice before doing that kinda shit. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

After McBaby, Dry and Ian Cole the Oilers depth isn't much of a match for Van.

That Ian Cole tho…

what a beauty

most goals scored against the Canucks by any player on either team… in this series…

But in all seriousness…

the dude needs to get an exorcism…

He got some kinda voodoo curse on him or something…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Devron said:

The Oilers have their 2 stars but really it’s just a Power Play they have. It’s like if they don’t score or only get one PP goal it’s pretty much a guaranteed win.

They are good at acting and scoring on the power play. They aren’t that special 

This game they were 2-4... but it wasn't enough.

The fact we were able to stop two of their PP's killed them.

Previously they had gone double figures at 100%.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

That's what you got out of this game?

Truly sad.

And it's "Petey".

What is in fact Sad is that what was stated is exactly (almost word for word) what everyone has been talking about for weeks on AM650, Donnie & Dhali, the Atlantic, Global sports, TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN ......just to name a few.     EP40 has withered up into a snow-flake and we all expect an $11,000,000.00 Million Dollar player (The highest ever paid player in history of this this team - and in the same $ Ball-Park as Mcbaby and MacKinnon) should be playing like such and not falling down ever shift, getting tossed around like salad, afraid to clock players at the right time and unable to score while playing most of the time on the fringes and in the shadows of the rink.     

I don't know about you, but I'd say we're "a bit fortunate" that our other players have stepped up to win games while our Top Player has disappeared under pressure and this should not only be concerning to the coach but fans like you and others as well and needs to be called out because this poor level of play has been going on for 3 months and getting worse.  If it wasn't for his earlier success this season, his prominance and BIG BUCK contract, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him sidelined with Hoglander tonight too.   

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

And actually I think Draisaitl is injured... he can't take hits like he would normally be able to shrug off when he carrys the puck.

So McDavid is carrying the puck and passing to Draisaitl when he is in the clear.

thought we did a great job of giving drai lots of small cross checks to the lower back tonight. it doesn’t have to be a big hit to make him feel it. 

i screwed up my back 20 years ago and sometimes a sneeze can put me on bedrest for a week. joked with my brother our boys need pepper on their gloves and just facewash him every chance. 

the boys did great targeting him today without being obvious. i’m sure if they keep it ip he’ll be slowed down.

Edited by RinkonRenfrew

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

If Silovs gets bombed, then replace him with DeSmith.  Otherwise, keep him in.

Once Demko comes back, he has to go in... I know everyone loves Silovs, but his save percentages and GAA are not great.

He is doing the job, and is the best option right now, but Demko is a step above in experience and ability right now.

Silovs is a future #1 and the chances of starting in Vancouver is good.

With how Silvos is playing, we can wait for Demko to get 100% instead of throwing him to the wolves when he is only 'cleared' unless we are up against it. 

No need to rush. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Such a bad take,you should be embarrassed or maybe your a troll

Truth is EP40 has been far from an $11,500,000 in the playoffs, so far. The authors take is a legit rant. I agree EP looks apprehensive and that has affected his game. Last game, he was looking for the puck and more offensively involved, I was hoping that was going to be his play going forward. Remember the ol'adage  "it's a business."

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

This game they were 2-4... but it wasn't enough.

The fact we were able to stop two of their PP's killed them.

Previously they had gone double figures at 100%.

Yup…

All we have to do is figure out their power play and shut it the fuck down…

and they’re cooked…

done like dinner…

Cosmo Kramer Comedy GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

im almost certain they do, and i agree, it will make it way easier to defend against them

they threw them out there for 30mins and it didnt work, they have to try something else

coilers are absolutely cooked - they got perry and kane on the douchebag discount and they arent even contributing at the level their discount would warrant

draisaitl being a little bitch as well, clearly their culture has been infected by the douchebag signings

very glad to see mcdavid took 2x the damage in exchange for his cheap dirty two hander. maybe now he'll think twice before doing that kinda shit. 

Don't assume the Oilers are out of it.

By my estimation they'll get one more good game out of McDavid and Draisaitl before they burn out.

And that will be in front of rabid, screaming Edmonton fans.

Next game will be just as tough.

Canucks need to refine their game even more... get on McDavid and Draisaitl and the Oiler's D early... hit, hit, hit, hit.

• Like 1

Bad icing by Cole, that cross check is never a penalty to be fair and the goal against he did a great job boxing out the forward and gets unlucky again. I think a lot of it is bad luck - he's a big body in the crease, but he's got to do a better job of getting out of the crease a bit more, he's too close to Silovs and that's causing all of these own goals.

On the whole he's playing a solid safe defensive game and does more good than bad, but when he does bad it looks really bad.

15 minutes ago, Pears said:

"Oilers in 5"

IMG_7998.gif

There is now no world in which Oilers wins this without going to game 7. 

This Canucks team ain't gonna lose 3 straight to the Oilers.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Draisaitl was a beast out there tonight to be honest.....he's looking better than in game 1 by a large margin.  

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

By my estimation they'll get one more good game out of McDavid and Draisaitl before they burn out.

Canucks need to refine their game even more... get on McDavid and Draisaitl and the Oiler's D early... hit, hit, hit, hit.

high chance edmonton goes full goonery as payback for the soucdorov sandwich

as long as we dont get oiler mvp kelly sutherland, i suspect oiler parade to the box next game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

They've been great with the hits.  The shot margin was huge tonight but the Canucks outhit them 50-30 or something like that.  Fun hockey to watch

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, J-23 said:

i agree with you, which one of their plugs do they stick on that line with McDavid if they move Drai off that line? Janmark? Henrique?  The heat gets turned down considerably when they split that line up.