[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Don't assume the Oilers are out of it.

By my estimation they'll get one more good game out of McDavid and Draisaitl before they burn out.

And that will be in front of rabid, screaming Edmonton fans.

Next game will be just as tough.

Canucks need to refine their game even more... get on McDavid and Draisaitl and the Oiler's D early... hit, hit, hit, hit.

They probably not out of it but I think they have to go to game 7 to win now and even if they win, with how tired McDrai would be, they ain't gonna last long against Dal/Col

That said, wish we can wrap this up in 6. 

Edited by 24K
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HarbularyBattery said:

high chance edmonton goes full goonery as payback for the soucdorov sandwich

as long as we dont get oiler mvp kelly sutherland, i suspect oiler parade to the box next game

i suspect we might se Carrick dressed next game for this purpose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kirk said:

Our third string rookie goalie makes 42 saves and this asswad says this, what a punk.

We have to stop calling our goalie third stringer.He is better then anything Oilers had ever.He is world cup MVP

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

What is in fact Sad is that what was stated is exactly (almost word for word) what everyone has been talking about for weeks on AM650, Donnie & Dhali, the Atlantic, Global sports, TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN ......just to name a few.     EP40 has withered up into a snow-flake and we all expect an $11,000,000.00 Million Dollar player (The highest ever paid player in history of this this team - and in the same $ Ball-Park as Mcbaby and MacKinnon) should be playing like such and not falling down ever shift, getting tossed around like salad, afraid to clock players at the right time and unable to score while playing most of the time on the fringes and in the shadows of the rink.     

I don't know about you, but I'd say we're "a bit fortunate" that our other players have stepped up to win games while our Top Player has disappeared under pressure and this should not only be concerning to the coach but fans like you and others as well and needs to be called out because this poor level of play has been going on for 3 months and getting worse.  If it wasn't for his earlier success this season, his prominance and BIG BUCK contract, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him sidelined with Hoglander tonight too.   

He’s gotta put on 1015 pounds and work on strengthening his core and his stability on skates for sure

Take notes from Henrik and Daniel- they used to get knocked around all the time but then they figured out how to become strong on their skates and their dominance ensued…

that’s all Petey needs to do 

get mother fucking badass strong on his mother fucking badass skates…

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

They very much can. Canucks are doing a good job containing them.

You're right, they can absolutely score 5v5. They have Ian Cole. Best Oiler this series. 

Edited by 24K
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

He’s gotta put on 1015 pounds and work on strengthening his core and his stability on skates for sure

Take notes from Henrik and Daniel- they used to get knocked around all the time but then they figured out how to become strong on their skates and their dominance ensued…

AMEN !

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

There is now no world in which Oilers wins this without going to game 7. 

This Canucks team ain't gonna lose 3 straight to the Oilers.

Would be amazing to take game 4 in Edmonton.  Their coach just called out their goalie, which is a clear sign of a sinking team......I loved how Tocchet didn't pull Silovs earlier in the series......and he also spoke highly of Casey tonight in the press conference despite running with Silovs.  You can think what you want, but don't get in the head of your goalie in front of the press is my take.  RT gets it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Don't assume the Oilers are out of it.

By my estimation they'll get one more good game out of McDavid and Draisaitl before they burn out.

And that will be in front of rabid, screaming Edmonton fans.

Next game will be just as tough.

Canucks need to refine their game even more... get on McDavid and Draisaitl and the Oiler's D early... hit, hit, hit, hit.

Its still early in the series in a lot of ways. Oilers are going to throw everything at Game 4. no way they want to go down 3-1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Steev said:

Okay i’m not sure if anyone else did it so i made the Zadorov hit on Kane into an animated GIF

s5dCEJV.gif

Not trying to start controversy but even when I was watching this live, it felt like Kane purposefully kicked his right leg up as if wanting to accidentally-not accidentally catch Z with his skate. 

He knew who was coming in, and both of them have been going at each other all series long. I really hope I'm seeing this incorrectly because that's truly a scumbag move if so.

Edited by T. Demko
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, old guy said:

Truth is EP40 has been far from an $11,500,000 in the playoffs, so far. The authors take is a legit rant. I agree EP looks apprehensive and that has affected his game. Last game, he was looking for the puck and more offensively involved, I was hoping that was going to be his play going forward. Remember the ol'adage  "it's a business."

#1   He's being paid $7.35

#2  He's playing well defensively... saved multiple goals in the series... his line is not giving up goals.  (+1 this game)

#3  He is not scoring the way we would like... true, that is disappointing... but he is not playing with exactly inspiring linemates.   This game he was paired with Mikheyev again, (hands of stone... he missed an open net this game) and Karlsson... who is a Rookie.  (better than Hoglander, but a Rookie)  He's also getting over some kind of illness.  Yeah he should be better, by his own standards, but hopefully he will improve.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Lemon Face said:

We have to stop calling our goalie third stringer.He is better then anything Oilers had ever.He is world cup MVP

i love calling silovs our third stringer. he is. he’s better than anything the oilers have. 

he is awesome and a world mvp too.

keep rubbing that salt in the wound.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

They very much can. Canucks are doing a good job containing them.

High danger scoring chances were even in the 3rd.

They peppered us from the outside. 

The coaching staff has a plan. If they keep playing behind we are gonna burn out mcdrai.

Win another on the road and kill em at home

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yeah, but that contract still sucks when building a team....with the OEL penalty.

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

#1   He's being paid $7.35

#2  He's playing well defensively... saved multiple goals in the series... his line is not giving up goals.  (+1 this game)

#3  He is not scoring the way we would like... true, that is disappointing... but he is not playing with exactly inspiring linemates.   This game he was paired with Mikheyev again, (hands of stone... he missed an open net this game) and Karlsson... who is a Rookie.  (better than Hoglander, but a Rookie)  He's also getting over some kind of illness.  Yeah he should be better, by his own standards, but hopefully he will improve.

Actually, players are not paid during playoffs. 

The salary is regular season only.  

1 minute ago, T. Demko said:

Not trying to start controversy but even when I was watching this live, it felt like Kane purposefully kicked his right leg up as if wanting to accidentally-not accidentally catch Z with his skate. 

He knew who was coming in, and nothing of them have been going at each other. I really hope I'm seeing this incorrectly because that's truly a scumbag move if so.

that’s what i saw too. dirty attempt at injury. 

• Cheers 1

Post game show caller from Grand Prairie said he was denied service at a gas station because he was wearing a Canucks jersey. Just classless. No perspective at all that our status as Canadians should mean more than what hockey team we cheer for. ffs

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Actually, players are not paid during playoffs. 

The salary is regular season only.  

Yup, and this year Petey was paid $7.35 million in the regular season.

Next year he starts getting the big bucks.

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

High danger scoring chances were even in the 3rd.

They peppered us from the outside. 

The coaching staff has a plan. If they keep playing behind we are gonna burn out mcdrai.

Win another on the road and kill em at home

But the Oilers have an unexpected ace up their sleeve 

IAN MOTHER FUCKING COLE…

we must contain that guy….

F F S !!!!!!

holy mother of God!!!!

THE DUDE IS UNSTOPPABLE 

WE

ARE

FUCKD….

crushed noo GIF

• Haha 3

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

But the Oilers have an unexpected ace up their sleeve 

IAN MOTHER FUCKING COLE…

we must contain that guy….

F F S !!!!!!

holy mother of God!!!!

THE DUDE IS UNSTOPPABLE 

WE

ARE

FUCKD….

crushed noo GIF

Thats okay

We have an unexpected ace up OUR sleeve

STUART MOTHER FUCKING SKINNER

They have to contain him

holy mother of god

The dude is unstoppable

The way he avoids pucks

you couldnt hit him with a puck if you tried

I dont care how good you are

the man is an ARTIST and he has MASTERED his craft (dodging pucks)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1