[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

A few things:

I'm okay with it, if Soucy gets a game. Juuls is just as (if not more) physical and like Jimmy said, it wouldn't be a bad thing to give that ankle a day off....

There were a lot of great moments from last night, but my favorite might have been Kane with his "I sucked you into a penalty" grin, when all he really did was get his ass dumped into his own bench....

It was nice to actually kill off a couple of Oiler PP's last night. It was starting to look like that series against the Kings back in the day when every penalty resulted in a goal. IMHO, they would have killed off the first as well, if not for an extremely lucky bounce to Ekholm. Of course Dry Saddle, Knob Lock and co, completely ignore that when they whinge about the posts they hit...

Oilers Nation are doing a lot of complaining about the zebras after this one....especially the cross check call on Nurse. While it might have been soft, it certainly wasn't the only borderline call.... I'm still trying to figure out what Hronek did to earn a penalty, before the review of the Corey Perry non-goal....

As others have already pointed out, it's pretty rich to be whining about calls you didn't get after the Kane slew foot on huggy, or the cut that he has on his face thanks to the Golden Boy....

Why? Why the fuck should anyone who isn't a Soilers fan be okay with Soucy getting suspended? It's bush league it's even under review. And it's even more galling considering the bullshit Edmonton pulls. It's just more corruption from a grossly corrupt and incompetent league. I love my Vancouver Canucks but I absolutely loathe that human shitstain Gary Buttman and what he's turned the NHL into. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Redhdlois said:

Listening to iMac on 650….I was just thinking about that…..if a player is bleeding and the officials “didn’t see” what happened, then they should review it and assess a penalty, if it was.  

Refs aren't dumb, They knew a WWE match broke out and it was fake blood!

So what’s your prediction for Soucy’s hearing?

any thoughts?

Zad got a hefty fine… 

I don’t have a good feeling about this…

Afterall it’s McBaby and the league blows dead bears - setting us up with that douche of a ref Sutherland on a regular basis in the playoffs… 

the NHL seems to love to fuck us over…

Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

3 minutes ago, bhoodlum said:

Why? Why the fuck should anyone who isn't a Soilers fan be okay with Soucy getting suspended? It's bush league it's even under review. And it's even more galling considering the bullshit Edmonton pulls. It's just more corruption from a grossly corrupt and incompetent league. I love my Vancouver Canucks but I absolutely loathe that human shitstain Gary Buttman and what he's turned the NHL into. 

the reason id be okay with it is because edmonton will have to deal with juulsen and hes the meanest nastiest hardest hitter we have

theyll be begging for soucy back after a game of juulsen shattering their bones

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

any thoughts?

Zad got a hefty fine… 

Afterall it’s McBaby and the league blows dead bears - setting us up with that douche of a ref Sutherland on a regular basis in the playoffs… 

3 games

2 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

the reason id be okay with it is because edmonton will have to deal with juulsen and hes the meanest nastiest hardest hitter we have

theyll be begging for soucy back after a game of juulsen shattering their bones

I hope so. If he hurt mcdacis and Leon and knock them out of the playoffs, I consider that a win. If we lose the game at least make those two pay! 

• MillerTime 1

3 hours ago, LaBamba said:

He has played great all year, he was probably jumping on the inside and couldn’t contain his excitement. I’m sure he learned from his mistakes. 

Agreed. I trusted Cole to learn from some of his misplays and he did. Unlike many here, I don’t consider the bad bounces off him his fault. Similarly, I trust Juulsen to play a disciplined and hard hitting game. Juulsen was great for us all year and many have him penciled in as our regular #6 next year. I’m looking forward to the fresh legs and big hits!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I predict Sutherland hands us 7 penalties+/- 1 next game. I'm not kidding.

There will be a 5min major and a game misconduct for a love tap handed out to a Canucks player.

9 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

any thoughts?

Zad got a hefty fine… 

13 minutes ago, old guy said:

36-second mark.😘

So you found a slo-mo video....still proves nothing. As I said before, no-one would take that chance, knowing what the result could be....

I doubt I'll change your mind though, so carry on believing what you will.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bhoodlum said:

Because I'm a realist who's been around the game for over half a century and I understand how things work.

And hatred of Gary Bettmen isn't what defines one as a Canucks fan. I've been on the bandwagon since day one, but I don't lay the blame for every perceived slight of the Canucks at the Commissioner's feet.

Hoping Soucy doesn’t get anything or more than a game or two. However if Juulsen gets back in I’m not going to be too worried. He plays a physical brand of hockey and might even be more physical than Soucy. Talk about team D-depth. A luxury we have not had in a while.

14 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

HIT.gif.1ea870464ad3125d938be75893a6b9ee.gifkanesux.gif.036bea1e8035ff6546704fa1f09e9fac.gif

the best part of this sequence is the fact that kane had his face planted in his teammates stinky sweaty crotches for minimum 10-15 seconds

thats the sort of thing that will stay with him anytime he looks at zadorov

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

After a slightly promising game 2, I thought this was Petey’s worst game of the playoffs. Just absolutely invisible.

Also thought Cole had a howler. I’d be nervous if we had to sub in Juulsen for Soucy, if only because Juuls is good for a couple of grade A mistakes per game. 

40 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Disagree.

Nobody takes a deliberate swing at an opponent's face, knowing the ramifications if caught. Especially not in the playoffs and especially not the team's MVP.

What the fuck is this drivel? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Hoping Soucy doesn’t get anything or more than a game or two. However if Juulsen gets back in I’m not going to be too worried. He plays a physical brand of hockey and might even be more physical than Soucy. Talk about team D-depth. A luxury we have not had in a while.

weve come a LONG way from hoping travis  DERMOTT would be our #4 defenseman

Edited by HarbularyBattery
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, bhoodlum said:

What the fuck is this drivel? 

The OP you quoted is clearly out to lunch. That literally happens in the NHL EVERY playoffs

Shea Weber smashing Zetterberg face into the glass immediately comes to mind

Certain posters like the one you quoted are well known for their knowitallism

Edited by Whorvat
  • Like 2