[PGT] Vancouver at Edmonton - Game 3 - Round 2

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Oh well, let the OIlers cry and blame physical playoff hockey for their troubles. 

Keep bumping and bruising these crybabies. This physical play is great and needs to be stamped into Canucks culture for future seasons. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

So I live in the Pittsburgh area, the games are really late at night. Sadly I start work at 7a M-F. My wife and I have two young sons, but they’re 6 and 4 so it’s not like they’re babies who need lots of care in the middle of the night.  I’ve stayed up real late for a few of the Canucks playoff games, but I definitely feel it the next day.

Guys and girls, convince me with compelling arguments why I should stay up way late in the eastern time zone to watch the rest of the Canucks playoff games 🙂

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Oh well, let the OIlers cry and blame physical playoff hockey for their troubles. 

Keep bumping and bruising these crybabies. This physical play is great and needs to be stamped into Canucks culture for future seasons. 

Exactly this. Nice guys finish last.

No fear. No fragility. No "concern".

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This morning, apparently, everything's all good, Davy boy turning down the heat.

It's shocking the amount of weirdo loser aura he has. 

He's Mark Zuckerberg with athleticism. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

So tempted to enter the Oilers 50/50 draw

And when I win it I will show up in Canucks sweater to collect the cheque!  😄 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, grumpworsley said:

About 10 seconds of Google searches came up with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud83Vs3RyVU

Sorry.... if you can't see the difference between those incidents and what happened with Huggy, I doubt I'd be able to explain it to you. AS I said to the other guy, carry on with believing that McDavid actually intended to slash Huggy in the face.....:classic_rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Sean Allen: Oilers in five
John Buccigross: Oilers in six
Ryan Callahan: Oilers in five
Cassie Campbell-Pascall: Oilers in six
Sachin Chandan: Oilers in five
Ryan S. Clark: Canucks in seven
Linda Cohn: Oilers in seven
Ray Ferraro: Oilers in six
Leah Hextall: Oilers in six
Emily Kaplan: Oilers in six
Tim Kavanagh: Oilers in five
Hilary Knight: Oilers in seven
Peter Lawrence-Riddell: Oilers in six
Steve Levy: Oilers in five
Vince Masi: Oilers in six
Victoria Matiash: Oilers in five
Sean McDonough: Oilers in six
Mark Messier: Oilers in six
AJ Mleczko: Oilers in five
Arda Öcal: Oilers in five
Kristen Shilton: Oilers in six
P.K. Subban: Oilers in six
Bob Wischusen: Oilers in seven
Greg Wyshynski: Oilers in seven

Consensus prediction: Oilers (23 of 24 picks)

No, We're not Canada's team. We're Vancouver's team.

And Ryan Clark, he good, we’ll allow him to hop on the wagon 😆

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

im trying to think of how they wil (or not) distinguish between these two cross checks?  Hyman's was purely in retaliation and just as dangerous  you would think.  This is like a goalie interference call where you have no idea what they will decide....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Sorry.... if you can't see the difference between those incidents and what happened with Huggy, I doubt I'd be able to explain it to you. AS I said to the other guy, carry on with believing that McDavid actually intended to slash Huggy in the face.....:classic_rolleyes:

No, you just said no one does such things knowing the ramifications. Those clips I posted are pretty much all intent to injure with High stick. So whether it is an accident or not only the perpetrator truly knows. 

7 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Do we take a 1 game suspension for Hyman and Soucy and cancel each other out? I'm not sure, I know obviously Hyman is a big goal scorer but Soucy has done well as part of our 6 man defence unit and I worry about Juulsen defending McDavid...

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Do we take a 1 game suspension for Hyman and Soucy and cancel each other out? I'm not sure, I know obviously Hyman is a big goal scorer but Soucy has done well as part of our 6 man defence unit and I worry about Juulsen defending McDavid...

Losing Hyman/Soucy hurts each team differently.

im just looking forward to an explanation if Soucy goes but Hyman doesnt.  How do they rationalize it?  Soucy's hit had more intent, or was more dangerous? 

Just now, Darius said:

Losing Hyman/Soucy hurts each team differently.

im just looking forward to an explanation if Soucy goes but Hyman doesnt.  How do they rationalize it?  Soucy's hit had more intent, or was more dangerous? 

the can’t rationalize it, no way the league can suspend one with out the other, that’s why I think it will be fines and move on, most of this outrage was driven by eastern media anyway

• Cheers 2